Talib Kweli is an American hip hop artist, entrepreneur, and social activist. He is the co-founder of Black Star, alongside fellow rapper Mos Def. Kweli has also released several solo albums, including his debut album, Quality, in 2002. Find out What is Talib Kweli Net Worth in this article.
What is Talib Kweli Net Worth
Talib Kweli is an American hip hop artist and one of the most respected rappers in the industry. He has released several solo albums and has also collaborated with other artists, such as Mos Def, to form the duo Black Star. Kweli is known for his conscious and socially-aware lyrics, and has been praised for his technical ability and flow. As of 2021, Talib Kweli’s net worth is estimated to be $4 million.
Talib Kweli was born in 1975 in New York City, New York, and grew up in Brooklyn’s Park Slope neighborhood. His mother teaches English, and his father works as an administrator at Adelphi University.
His younger brother’s name is Jamal. Kweli attended Brooklyn Technical High School and then Cheshire Academy in Connecticut as a child. He received his higher education at New York University, where he studied experimental theater.
Kweli made his recording debut on Mood’s album “Doom” in 1997, appearing as a guest on a few tracks. In addition, he collaborated with rapper and producer Hi-Tek on underground recordings under the moniker Reflection Eternal. “Fortified Live” and “B-Boy Document 99/Chaos” were two of the duo’s early tracks.
Collaborations with Mos Def
Kweli formed the hip hop duo Black Star with fellow Brooklyn rapper Mos Def. Their sole album, “Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star,” was released to critical acclaim in 1998. Kweli released the album “Train of Thought” with Hi-Tek two years later, as well as the EP “Hip Hop for Respect” with Mos Def. The latter was established in response to recent police brutality, specifically the case of Amadou Diallo, an unarmed man who was shot 41 times by police while reaching for his wallet.
Kweli and Mos Def both contributed to the compilation album “Red Hot + Indigo,” the 13th installment in the Red Hot AIDS benefit series, in 2001. It was a tribute to Duke Ellington that raised funds for charities dedicated to fighting and raising awareness of the disease. Kweli later collaborated with artists Jorge Ben, Bilal, and Dead Prez on the 2002 album “Red Hot + Riot.”
In 2002, Kweli released his debut solo album, “Quality.” It debuted at No. 21 on the Billboard 200 and No. 6 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart, and it spawned the Kanye West-produced single “Get By.” Kweli then released “The Beautiful Struggle,” which debuted at number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100. Following that, in 2005, he released the mixtape “Right About Now: The Official Sucka Free Mix CD.”
Kweli established his own independent label, Javotti Media, in 2011. “Gutter Rainbows,” his fourth solo album, was released through the label. In 2013, he released “Prisoner of Conscious,” which included guest appearances from Kendrick Lamar, Nelly, and Busta Rhymes, among others.
Kweli has a long record of advocating for racial equity and political justice. He is a supporter of community organizations such as the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement and has spoken to inner-city high school and college students.
Kweli, along with Mos Def, gathered with protestors outside of New York City Hall in 2005 to demand that the federal government drop the bounty placed on political activist Assata Shakur. Later, he spoke at a City Hall rally, urging the NYPD to end its racist stop-and-frisk policy.
Kweli has joined many other protestors in their causes over the years. He traveled to Tallahassee, Florida, in 2013 to support the Dream Defenders, a student group protesting the state’s stand-your-ground law. Kweli returned to Ferguson, Missouri the following year to protest the police shooting of Michael Brown.
In 2015, he performed two benefit concerts to mark the one-year anniversary of Brown’s murder. Common, Rebel Diaz, Immortal Technique, and Bun B performed at the “Ferguson is Everywhere” concert.
1 Talib Kweli Net Worth
- Author: celebritynetworth.com
- Published Date: 05/24/2023
- Review: 4.86 (697 vote)
- Summary: Talib Kweli is a rapper, entrepreneur, and activist who has a net worth of $4 million. Early on, he gained recognition as part of the hip hop duo Black Star
- Matching search results: In 2011, Kweli founded his own independent label called Javotti Media. Through the label, he released his fourth solo album, “Gutter Rainbows.” He went on to release “Prisoner of Conscious” in 2013, which featured guest appearances by Kendrick …
- Source: 🔗
2 Who is Talib Kweli Wife? Bio, Net Worth 2023, Age, & Career
- Author: gossipbiography.com
- Published Date: 11/09/2021
- Review: 4.66 (377 vote)
- Summary: · Facts of Talib Kweli ; Horoscope: Libra ; Wife: DJ Eque ; Net Worth: $6 million ; Height: 5 feet and 6 inches ; Profession: American rapper
- Matching search results: At New York University, he had also studied experimental theater. Rap genres have always served as an inspiration for Talib’s Afrocentric tracks. 2009 saw the marriage of Talib Kweli and DJ Eque. Amani Fela Greene and Diane Eshe Greene, who he …
- Source: 🔗
3 How Much is Talib Kweli Worth?
- Author: networthtotals.com
- Published Date: 10/16/2021
- Review: 4.54 (201 vote)
- Summary: · So how much is Talib Kweli worth today? At the age of forty six, the American rapper has a net worth of about $6,000,000. This roughly
- Matching search results: How to calculate Net Worth: Assets minus Debt equals Net Worth. Net worth is basically calculated by adding anything of value and then subtracting all of the liabilities. Net worth is not yearly and it not the same as net income. Net income is what …
- Source: 🔗
4 DJ Eque and Talib Kweli ended their 12 years of marriage! All about their married life and net worth
- Author: marriedbiography.com
- Published Date: 10/29/2021
- Review: 4.3 (416 vote)
- Summary: · Her estrangled husband Talib Kweli has a net worth of $4 million as per Celebrity Net Worth. His solo albums are Quality, The Beautiful Struggle
- Matching search results: DJ Eque and Talib Kweli who have a shared interest in music married on 9th May 2009. Their wedding took place in Bel-Air California. Since their married life they had a complicated life. In 2010, Talib got into a brawl with Eque at his party and was …
- Source: 🔗
5 Who is Talib Kweli? Wiki, Age, Wife, Net Worth, Ethnicity, Height
- Author: biographygist.com
- Published Date: 05/04/2023
- Review: 4.13 (509 vote)
- Summary: · Talib Kweli’s net worth is estimated to be around $6 million as of July 2023. Talib has his own record label, Javotti Media, and has worked
- Matching search results: Talib and Hi-Tek released an album called Train of Thought in 2000. Mos Def and Talib Kweli collaborated on the Hip Hop for Respect project in the year 2000. This was primarily organized to protest the Amadou Diallo case. In the year 2001, Talib and …
- Source: 🔗
Was Talib Kweli a good rapper?
Talib Kweli IS a great rapper. He makes interesting music and has his own flavor.
Among these three albums from Talib Kweli which is the best?
Black Star. Cannot be touched. The others are all amazing, as is Talib, but the original Black Star content was, and is, one of a kind.
How rich is Mos Def? What is Scarface’s net worth? What is Q tips net worth? How much did Busta Rhymes worth?
Mos Def net worth is $2.5 million. Scarface net worth is $500 thousand. Q tips net worth is $6 million. Busta Rhymes net worth is $20 million.
What is Kanye West net worth?
Kanye West net worth is $6.6 billion.
Talib Kweli is one of the most successful and respected hip-hop artists of our generation. His music is socially conscious and thought-provoking, and he has a unique ability to connect with his fans. He is a true pioneer in the industry, and his impact on the culture is undeniable.
The 20+ What is T Boz Net Worth 2023: Full Info
Top List 20 What is Susan Tedeschi Net Worth 2023: Full Guide