Skylar Diggins makes a living by playing basketball. She is a basketball player with the Phoenix Mercury in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). Skylar Diggins-Smith is the girl’s full name.
Continue reading this blog to find out more about Skylar Diggins net worth, family, relationships, work, and other details. Let’s assess her advancement.
What Is Skylar Diggins’s Net Worth and Salary in 2023?
Skylar Diggins is an American professional basketball player for the Dallas Wings of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA).
As of 2023, Skylar Diggins’s net worth is $400 thousand. Diggins was born in South Bend, Indiana, and played college basketball at Notre Dame. She was drafted third overall by the Tulsa Shock in the 2013 WNBA Draft.
Under the terms of the WNBA’s new collective bargaining agreement, Phoenix Mercury signed Skylar for four years in February 2020, and she would get a base salary of $215,000 this year.
Skylar Diggins Overview
On August 2, 1990, Skylar Diggins was born in South Bend, Indiana. She is the child of Terence Diggins and Renee Scott. Her father played football professionally.
Sean and Justin are her two brothers. When she was eight years old, her father was killed in a vehicle accident. She played basketball while enrolled at Washington High School. She was chosen as a McDonald’s All-American in 2009.
She went to South Bend’s Washington High School while she was growing up. She participated in four years of varsity basketball throughout her stay there. She scored 2,790 points during her high school basketball career.
She consequently rose to the third-highest girl scorer in Indiana history, averaging 25.9 points per game.
She keeps up her basketball grades while simultaneously keeping a good scholastic GPA. She finished fifth in her class with a 3.93 GPA.
She is not only a great basketball player, but she also plays volleyball.
Diggins-Smith coached the Panthers to two state titles, one of which was the 2007 championship campaign. She was named to the first team for all-state in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Compared to other athletes, Skylar achieved prominence at a fairly young age. She has won the Gatorade National Player of the Year award.
She studied management and entrepreneurship at Notre Dame and received her bachelor’s degree.
She continued to excel on the field during her time in college and is the only player in Notre Dame basketball history to have recorded at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds, 300 steals, and 500 assists—and that goes for either gender!
She set a record as the only Notre Dame player to score 400 points in their first season during her freshman year. She was also among the three Miss Basketball honors for the 2009–10 season.
Ten years after their initial victory in 2001, she coached her team and won the second NCAA championship in school history during her sophomore season.
The Associated Press chose her for the 2011 Third Team All-American for her outstanding performance on the court.
Diggins-Smiths had a career-high for points in her junior season with 16.8, adding 5.7 assists and 2.6 steals.
She became the first Notre Dame athlete to earn the Big East Player of the Year and Nancy Lieberman Point Guard of the Year awards at the end of the season.
She played in all 37 games during her senior year of college, posting a career-high 17.1 points.
She finished her undergraduate career by defeating a Big East opponent in the NCAA women’s basketball final four. Skylar received the Nancy Lieberman Point Guard of the Year award for the second year in a row despite the fact that they lost the game.
In the third round of the 2013 WNBA Draft, the Tulsa Shock selected Skylar. She achieved a career-high of 22 points in 2013 and was chosen to the WNBA All-Rookie Team.
Skylar had a breakthrough year in 2014 when she was named a WNBA All-Star and took home the league’s Most Improved Player honors.
She experienced an ACL tear in 2015 while playing against the Seattle Storm. She participated in nine games, scoring 17.8 points on average.
She was chosen WNBA All-Star for the second year in a row despite sitting out the remainder of the season.
She was one of the top candidates for the American Olympic squad in 2016. However, she was unable to compete because of an ACL tear. Four weeks after the team was selected, she went back to the court.
When Skylar returned, she participated in 27 games for the Tulsa Shock, now known as the Dallas Wings, on a multi-year contract she signed in 2016.
She participated in all 34 of the season’s games in 2017 and led the squad to the league’s seventh-place finish with an average of 18.5 points per game.
Against the Indiana Fever, Skylar scored 35 points, a new career high. She later received a fourth vote for the 2018 WNBA All-Star Game.
Skylar was struck severely on her chin in the same year of 2018, which caused damage to a portion of her head. Many suggested that she may have had a concussion, but they all agreed that she simply experienced dizziness.
Diggin-Smith was traded to the Phoenix Mercury, it was revealed in 2020.
- WNBA All-Star (2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018)
- All-WNBA First Team (2014 & 2017)
- All-WNBA Second Team (2018 & 2020)
- WNBA All-Rookie Team (2013)
- Nancy Lieberman Award winner (2012 & 2013)
- First-team All-American – AP (2012 & 2013)
- Third-team All-American – AP (2011)
- Big East Player of the Year (2012 & 2013)
- McDonald’s All-American (2009)
- Indiana Miss Basketball (2009)
- Gatorade National Player of the Year (2009)
The celebrity is not only successful in her work but also in her love life, where she is happily married to Daniel Smith, the love of her life.
Before Daniel finally proposed in June 2016, the couple had reportedly been dating for a while. By May 2017, wedding plans had been finalized.
As a result of famed rapper Drake flirting with her online in 2014, Daniel, who was Skylar’s boyfriend at the time, had to let him know that she was taken by sharing intimate photos of the two of them online.
For months, the two men engaged in an online argument before Drake’s friend clarified that Drake was simply impressed by Skylar’s basketball talents.
Why is Skylar Diggins famous?
The first female athlete to sign with Jay Z’s sports management organization, Roc Nation Sports, was WNBA player Skylar Diggins. From 1999-2000, just six women’s basketball players in NCAA Division I finished their careers with at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds, 500 assists, and 300 steals. She was one of them.
1 Skylar Diggins-Smith Biography – WNBA Star
- Author: biographyset.com
- Published Date: 11/11/2021
- Review: 4.98 (855 vote)
- Summary: · Skylar Diggins-Smith Net Worth – $400 Thousand … The point guard of the Phoenix Mercury has been playing basketball from a very young age
- Matching search results: The point guard of the Phoenix Mercury has been playing basketball from a very young age. Talking about her fortune, Skylar Diggins-Smith’s net worth is estimated to be $400 thousand. Her riches mainly comprise her earnings from her basketball …
2 Skylar Diggins-Smith Salary, Net worth, Bio, Ethnicity, Age
- Author: networthandsalary.com
- Published Date: 05/27/2022
- Review: 4.65 (355 vote)
- Summary: · Skylar Diggins-Smith’s net worth is claimed to be over $400,000 as of mid-2018, derived from her professional basketball career as well as her
- Matching search results: Skylar Diggins-Smith was drafted third overall in 2013 by the Tulsa Shock of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). The following year, she was chosen to the All-Rookie Team and, for the first time, a WNBA All-Star. She was named the …
3 Skylar Diggins-Smith Net Worth, Measurements, Birthday, Height
- Author: gsmarenacompare.com
- Published Date: 03/02/2022
- Review: 4.54 (272 vote)
- Summary: Skylar Diggins’s Net Worth Before joining the Phoenix Mercury, Diggins’s biggest net worth was $9,000, according to his SunTrust Finances. Net Worth of the
- Matching search results: Skylar Diggins-Smith’s body measurements are: Hair and eye colour: Brown Skylar Diggins-Smith Net Worth and Salary Skylar Diggins-Smith has a net worth of $2.2 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. The highest paid assistant coach in the WNBA …
4 Skylar Diggins Net Worth 2021, Wiki, Age, Parents, Biography, Family, photos or more
- Author: explorenetworth.com
- Published Date: 05/12/2022
- Review: 4.29 (432 vote)
- Summary: Skylar Diggins net worth is estimated to be $800 Thousand as of 2021. She made this fortune being from her profession as a Professional basketball player. How
- Matching search results: She has a sibling which name is Tige, Destyn, Maurice and, Hanneaf. This couple has a child name is Seven. She did not show any more information about her children and family if we get more about her family please get in touch we will update him …
5 Skylar Kierra Diggins-Smith bio, age, height, weight, net worth, salary
- Author: biographyline.com
- Published Date: 02/06/2022
- Review: 4.06 (397 vote)
- Summary: · Skylar Diggins-Smith | Net Worth … Diggins- Smith is one of the highest-paid basketball players in the WNBA. Skylar was signed by the Phoenix
- Matching search results: “That was my first significant injury.” It definitely taught me a lot about my body and how I should’ve taken care of it in the past, and how I should take care of it today. Injuries are not uncommon. Things happen when you play sports. I realized …
6 Skylar Diggins- Wiki, Age, Ethnicity, Husband, Height, Net Worth, Career
- Author: biographygist.com
- Published Date: 02/11/2022
- Review: 3.95 (500 vote)
- Summary: · Skylar Diggins’s Net Worth … Skylar has amassed a sizable fortune as a result of her basketball career. According to wiki sites, her net worth
- Matching search results: In terms of her marital status, she is currently married to her husband, Daniel Smith. Daniel attended Clay High School. They met at Notre Dame, where they both attended college. They had known each other since then and had begun dating. In May of …
7 Skylar Diggins Net Worth In 2021
- Author: celebritiesincome.com
- Published Date: 04/17/2022
- Review: 3.66 (273 vote)
- Summary: · Skylar is one of the highest-paid players on Dallas’s wings. Skylar Diggins net worth in 2021 is estimated at 400 thousand dollars
- Matching search results: The parents name of Skylar Diggins is tige Diggins and Renee Scott. She has three young brothers and one younger sister. Her brother’s names are tige, Destin, and Maurice and her sister’s name is Hanneaf. Her mother was also an athlete in …
8 Skylar Diggins – Net Worth 2023, Age, Height, Bio, Salary
- Author: networthageheight.com
- Published Date: 09/27/2021
- Review: 3.58 (348 vote)
- Summary: Skylar Diggins Net Worth ; Estimated Net Worth (2021), $400 Thousand ; Previous Year’s Net Worth (2020), Under Review ; Annual Salary, Under Review. ; Source of Net
- Matching search results: she is one of the successful Basketball Player. she has ranked on the list of those famous people who were born on August 2. she is one of the Richest Basketball Player who was born in South Bend. she also has a position among the list of Most …
9 Skylar Diggins-Smith – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Birthday, Dating, Wiki!
- Author: celebsbirthdaytoday.com
- Published Date: 12/03/2021
- Review: 3.19 (373 vote)
- Summary: Skylar Diggins-Smith is one of the richest Basketball Player. Skylar Diggins-Smith is also listed in famous people born on August 2 & Richest celebrities born
- Matching search results: Diggins-Smith rose to national prominence in her sophomore year, finishing the regular season first on the team in assists per game (4.8 average), while placing second in scoring (14.4) and third in steals (1.9). She scored in double figures 30 …
Who is the richest WNBA player?
The highest-paid WNBA players are Jewell Loyd, Breanna Stewart, and Diana Taurasi. The NBA’s highest-paid athletes indicate that Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors has the highest yearly compensation at just over $48 million.
How rich is Candace Parker?
Candace Parker’s net worth is projected to reach $5 million as of 2023. She was a professional American basketball player representing the Los Angeles and Chicago clubs in the WNBA.
What does Skylar Diggins’s husband do?
The husband of Skylar Diggins attended Clay High School. Daniel is a dedicated athlete, just like his wife. He participated in football as a wide receiver for the school.
Skylar Diggins-partner Smith went to the University of Notre Dame after finishing high school. He continued playing throughout college, becoming one of the top football players. He also helped his side win a number of games.
Sadly, Skylar Diggins-ankle Smith’s husband’s injury forced him to discontinue playing. He received his Bachelor of Business Administration from Mendoza College of Business with a marketing concentration.
How old is Skylar Diggins’s husband?
Skylar Diggins’s husband is 31 years old.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to check back soon to find out more about Skylar Diggins’s relationships, work, and other details.
In the meantime, why not learn more about other great WNBA players on Fidlarmusic?