The late Dame Elizabeth Rosemond “Liz” Taylor DBE was a British and American actress who began her career as a child actress in the early 1940s. She was one of the most popular stars of classical Hollywood cinema in the 1950s. Let’s find out Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth, her career and more with Fidlar!
What is Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth and Salary 2023?
At the time of her death, Elizabeth Taylor was a British-American actress with a net worth of $600 million dollars.
According to IMDb, Elizabeth Taylor used to be paid $1 million for her role in Cleopatra, which was released in 1963.
Elizabeth Taylor Overview
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Elizabeth Taylor was born in London on February 27, 1932. Her parents were American citizens living in England at the time. As a child, she moved back and forth between the United States and England.
In 1939, her family settled in Los Angeles, California. It was there that she started acting in movies. Her first film role was in There’s One Born Every Minute (1942). She also appeared in Lassie Come Home (1943) and National Velvet (1944).
These early roles made her a star. She quickly became one of Hollywood’s most popular actresses. In the 1950s, she appeared in several successful films, including Father of the Bride (1950), A Place in the Sun (1951), and Giant (1956).
Her personal life also made headlines. She was married eight times, to seven different men. Her marriages often made news, as did her relationships with other famous men, such as Frank Sinatra and Richard Burton.
In the 1960s, she continued to act in successful films, such as Cleopatra (1963) and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966). She also won two Academy Awards, for Butterfield 8 (1960) and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
In the 1970s and 1980s, she appeared in fewer films. However, she remained a popular figure in the entertainment industry. In the 1990s, she made a comeback with several successful television movies.
She continued to work into the new millennium. Her final film role was in These Old Broads (2001). She died of congestive heart failure on March 23, 2011, at the age of 79.
Adult Roles and Critical Triumphs
When she was just a little girl, Elizabeth Taylor became one of the most popular child actresses in Hollywood history. Her first starring role was in National Velvet (1944), and she quickly followed it up with another hit, Father of the Bride (1950). As she grew older, Taylor began to take on more mature roles, and she quickly established herself as one of the most talented and versatile actresses in the business.
Throughout her career, Taylor won numerous awards, including two Academy Awards, and she was widely considered to be one of the most beautiful women in the world. In her later years, she became an outspoken advocate for AIDS research and awareness, and she continued to work in films and television until shortly before her death in 2011.
Career Decline and Retirement
After Cleopatra, Taylor’s career began to decline. She had previously been one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood, but her starring roles in films such as Butterfield 8 (1960), Cleopatra, and The Sandpiper (1965) were box office bombs. In addition, her public image was tarnished by her highly publicized personal life. She continued to make movies throughout the 1960s and 1970s, but her career never regained the momentum it had in the 1950s.
In the early 1980s, Taylor retired from acting. She made a few cameo appearances in later years, but for the most part, she stayed out of the spotlight. In the 1990s, she became an advocate for AIDS research after her friend Rock Hudson died of the disease. She also established her own perfume line and jewelry collection.
Elizabeth Taylor married eight times. Her first marriage to Conrad Hilton Jr. took place when she was only 18 and he was 22. The couple divorced after nine months of marriage.
Her second marriage was to actor Michael Wilding. The couple had two sons, Michael and Christopher. After 20 years of marriage, the couple divorced in 1974.
Her third marriage was to producer Mike Todd. They had one child together, Elizabeth “Liza” Todd. Todd died in a plane crash in 1958.
Taylor’s fourth marriage was to singer Eddie Fisher. The couple had two children, Carrie and Joely. The couple divorced in 1964.
Her fifth marriage was to actor Richard Burton. The couple starred in 11 films together including Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Cleopatra. The couple divorced in 1974 but remarried in 1975. They divorced again in 1976.
Taylor’s sixth marriage was to politician John Warner. The couple divorced in 1982.
Her seventh marriage was to construction worker Larry Fortensky. The couple met at the Betty Ford Clinic and married at Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch in 1991. They divorced in 1996.
Taylor’s eighth and final marriage was to her longtime friend and former assistant Jason Winters. The couple married in 2011 and remained married until her death in 2011.
Death and Legacy
On March 23, 2011, at the age of 79, Elizabeth Taylor died from congestive heart failure in Los Angeles, California. She is survived by her four children: Michael Wilding Jr., Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd, and Maria Burton.
Taylor was one of the last surviving stars of Hollywood’s Golden Age. She appeared in more than 50 films over her 60-year career. Taylor won two Academy Awards, for her performances in Butterfield 8 (1960) and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966). She was also nominated for Best Actress for her work in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958), Suddenly, Last Summer (1959), and BUtterfield 8 (1960).
In addition to her successful film career, Taylor was also known for her tumultuous personal life. She was married eight times to seven different men, including hotel magnate Conrad Hilton, actor Michael Wilding, producer Mike Todd, singer Eddie Fisher, and actor Richard Burton (twice). Taylor’s marriages were often tabloid fodder, and she was no stranger to scandal.
In the later years of her life, Taylor became an outspoken advocate for HIV/AIDS awareness and research. She founded the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation in 1991, and was one of the first celebrities to publicly discuss her own battle with the disease.
Taylor was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor in the United States, in 1992. In 1999, the American Film Institute ranked her as the seventh greatest female star of all time.
Why is Elizabeth Taylor famous?
Elizabeth Taylor was a world-renowned actress who is known for her work in films during the 1950s and 1960s. She won two Academy Awards for Best Actress, and she was one of the first actresses to be paid $1 million for a film role. She is also known for her beauty and her many marriages.
1 Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth 2023: Wiki, Married, Family, Wedding
- Author: networthpost.org
- Published Date: 04/21/2023
- Review: 4.88 (983 vote)
- Summary: Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth $600 Million … Elizabeth Taylor was the daughter of Francis Lenn Taylor, an art dealer, and Sara Sothern, a stage actress; as her
- Matching search results: During the 1970s and 1980s, Elizabeth appeared in several prominent roles, including as Jimmie Rosie Probert in “Under Milk Wood”, portraying Barbara Sawyer in Larry Peerce’s film “Ash Wednesday”, and as Desiree Armfeldt in “A Little Night Music”. …
- Source: 🔗
2 Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth: How Much Was Elizabeth Taylors Worth When She Died?
- Author: trendingnewsbuzz.com
- Published Date: 02/06/2023
- Review: 4.78 (251 vote)
- Summary: Elizabeth Taylor was a British-American actress who, at the time of her death, had a net worth of $600 million dollars
- Matching search results: “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” (1966), an adaptation of the Edward Albee play in which they played a bitter, arguing married couple, was the pinnacle of their collaborations. Taylor’s performance was the most lauded of her career, earning her a …
- Source: 🔗
3 Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth, Height, Age, and More
- Author: popularinside.com
- Published Date: 02/22/2023
- Review: 4.39 (518 vote)
- Summary: · Elizabeth Taylor. is a most popular British, American. Actress, Businesswoman and Humanitarian. She was born on February 27, 1932, in Hampstead
- Matching search results: That’s all about Elizabeth Taylor.. If you want to know anything about Elizabeth Taylor., then you can ask in the comment section. And if you find something wrong information then please let us know. We collect information from Wikipedia and …
- Source: 🔗
4 Elizabeth Taylor Left 1 Ex-Husband Nearly 1 Million When She Died — But It Was Just a Small Fraction Of Her Massive Fortune
- Author: cheatsheet.com
- Published Date: 11/19/2021
- Review: 4.28 (497 vote)
- Summary: · Taylor was worth a whopping $600 million when she died … Taylor’s money to Fortensky was just a drop in the bucket compared to her massive
- Matching search results: Taylor married six other men after Hilton, including actor Richard Burton, whom she divorced in 1974 then remarried a year later, for a total of eight weddings. After things didn’t work out with Burton the second time, Taylor married politician John …
- Source: 🔗
5 Liz Taylor Net Worth
- Author: celebritynetworth.com
- Published Date: 06/10/2023
- Review: 4.03 (510 vote)
- Summary: Liz Taylor Net Worth: Elizabeth Taylor was a British-American actress who had a net worth of $600 million dollars at the time of her death. Elizabeth Taylor
- Matching search results: Elizabeth Taylor was a British-American actress who had a net worth of $600 million dollars at the time of her death. Elizabeth Taylor was a fashion icon humanitarian, and one of the most famous Hollywood stars of the 1950s and 1960s. She began as a …
- Source: 🔗
6 Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth At Death – How Did She Get Rich? Exposed!
- Author: highincomesource.com
- Published Date: 10/04/2021
- Review: 3.9 (251 vote)
- Summary: · Elizabeth Taylor had an estimated net worth of $600 Million at death. Actress Elizabeth Taylor starred in films like ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’ and
- Matching search results: Taylor’s fame, however, was marred by tragedy and loss. When her husband, pioneering film producer Mike Todd, was killed in a plane crash in 1958, she became a young widow. Taylor became embroiled in one of the greatest Hollywood love scandals of …
- Source: 🔗
7 Elizabeth Taylor: The Girl Who Had Everything
- Author: dandblaw.com
- Published Date: 03/01/2023
- Review: 3.79 (515 vote)
- Summary: · She died from congestive heart failure on March 23, 2011. She was 79. It is believed that Elizabeth Taylor’s net worth at the time of her death
- Matching search results: The film icon structured her will as a revocable living trust. A living trust is generally a private contract between the decedent and trustees (who include, in this case, her son with second husband Michael Wilding, Christopher E. Wilding). This …
- Source: 🔗
8 Elizabeth Taylor Net Worth, Age, Height, Bio, and More
- Author: celebsrevealed.com
- Published Date: 07/04/2023
- Review: 3.49 (568 vote)
- Summary: Answer- Elizabeth Taylor net worth is USD $600 million approx.. 3.Does she married? Answer: Divorced. 4.What is the height of Elizabeth Taylor?
- Matching search results: Fans are highly interested to know about their favorite celebrity’s family details. Did she get support from her family to become a celebrity? What did her father do? Fans are curious about this question. Here we discuss Elizabeth Taylor‘s family …
- Source: 🔗
1. What was Elizabeth Taylor’s birth name?
Elizabeth Taylor’s birth name was Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor.
2. Where was Elizabeth Taylor born?
Elizabeth Taylor was born in Hampstead, London, England.
3. Who were Elizabeth Taylor’s parents?
Elizabeth Taylor’s parents were Francis Lenn Taylor (father) and Sara Sothern (mother).
4. Who were Elizabeth Taylor’s siblings?
Elizabeth Taylor’s siblings were Howard Taylor (brother) and Margaret Taylor (sister).
5. What was Elizabeth Taylor’s occupation?
Elizabeth Taylor’s occupation was Actress.
6. When did Elizabeth Taylor die?
Elizabeth Taylor died on March 23, 2011 at the age of 79 in Los Angeles, California, USA.
7. What is Elizabeth Taylor’s zodiac sign?
Elizabeth Taylor’s zodiac sign is Pisces.
8. What was Elizabeth Taylor’s hair color?
Elizabeth Taylor’s hair color was Blonde.
9. What was Elizabeth Taylor’s eye color?
Elizabeth Taylor’s eye color was Blue.
10. How tall was Elizabeth Taylor?
Elizabeth Taylor was 5’2″ tall.
11. What was Elizabeth Taylor’s nickname?
Elizabeth Taylor’s nickname was Liz, The Queen of Hollywood.
It is clear that Elizabeth Taylor was a successful actress and advocate. She was able to overcome many personal struggles and help others in the process. We can learn from her example and continue to fight for causes that are important to us.
Thanks for reading! To learn more about the late Dame Elizabeth Taylor, be sure to check out Fidlar. We’ve got all the latest on her net worth, her career and more!