Jon Lovitz is an American actor, comedian, and singer. He is best known for his work on Saturday Night Live, where he was a cast member from 1985 to 1990. He has also appeared in numerous films and television shows. As of 2021, Jon Lovitz’s net worth is $18 million. But what is Jon Lovitz net worth?
Jon Lovitz’s net worth is $18 million. That’s not a lot of money, but it’s enough to make him one of the most successful comedians in history. And his net worth isn’t just limited to his acting career; he’s also successful as a singer and songwriter. He has released two albums and has had several hit singles. So overall, Jon Lovitz is a very successful individual.
What is Jon Lovitz Net Worth?
In May 1998, Jon’s world was turned upside down when his dear friend Phil Hartman was murdered by his wife, Brynn, in a dramatic murder-suicide. Lovitz, who saw Hartman as “like [his] elder brother,” blamed “NewsRadio” star Andy Dick in part for Phil’s untimely death since Dick reportedly gave Brynn Hartman cocaine at a 1997 Christmas party, prompting the recovered addict to reintroduce narcotics. (According to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, Brynn was under the influence of cocaine, alcohol, and an antidepressant when she killed the renowned comic.)
When Lovitz joined the cast of “NewsRadio,” Dick told him, “You shouldn’t be here,” to which Jon replied, “Well, I wouldn’t be here if you hadn’t given Brynn coke in the first place.” Lovitz later apologized, but when the two ran into each other in a restaurant in 2007, Dick said, “I put the Phil Hartman hex on you—you’re the next to die.”
They argued at the Laugh Factory a few months later when Dick refused to apologize for his prior remark. “I just lost it, so I grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him against the wall. And he’s just smiling at me, and then I realized, ‘oooh, here’s my chance.’ So I grabbed him by the shirt, pushed him hard, and smashed his back and head into the bar. And I did it again. I would have kept going, but the doorman broke it up,” Jon said later in an interview with Dennis Miller.
John spent $1.9 million on a property in Beverly Hills, California, in 1990. According to real estate records, he still owns this home, which is likely worth $6-8 million.
Lovitz made his television debut in a 1984 episode of “The Paper Chase,” and he had a regular role on the CBS sitcom “Foley Square” from 1985 to 1986. In 1985, he joined the cast of “Saturday Night Live,” where he was known for popular characters such as Tommy Flanagan, Master Thespian, Hanukkah Harry, and Annoying Man. Jon’s debut film was “Hamburger: The Motion Picture,” released in 1986, and he also starred in “Last Resort,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Ratboy,” and “Three Amigos” the same year.
He appeared as a guest star on “Tales from the Crypt” (1991), “Married… with Children” (1991), and “The Larry Sanders Show” (1992; 1994), and co-starred in 1992’s “A League of Their Own” with Tom Hanks, Madonna, Geena Davis, and Rosie O’Donnell, which was preserved in the Library of Congress’s National Film Registry in 2012 for being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.”
Lovitz then featured in “Mom and Dad Save the World” (1992), “Loaded Weapon 1” (1993), “Coneheads” (1993), “City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold” (1994), and co-starred in “Trapped in Paradise” (1994) alongside Dana Carvey and Nicolas Cage.
Jon appeared on “Seinfeld” (1995) and “The Naked Truth” (1997), and from 1997 to 1999, he guest-starred on “NewsRadio” twice before joining the cast as Max Lewis as a substitute for Phil Hartman’s Bill McNeal during the show’s last season. Though Lovitz was first hesitant to accept the part, “When the news was out, he declared, “I’m doing this for Phil.”
“There’s nothing more to say.” Jon starred in “High School High” in 1996, hosted “Saturday Night Live” in 1997, and had a brief but memorable appearance in Adam Sandler’s “The Wedding Singer” in 2008 “in 1998. He re-teamed with Sandler in “Little Nicky” (2000), “Eight Crazy Nights” (2002), “The Benchwarmers” (2006), “Hotel Transylvania” (2012), “Grown Ups 2” (2013), “Hotel Transylvania 2” (2015), “The Ridiculous 6” (2015), and “Sandy Wexler” (2016).
Jon featured in the films “Happiness” (1998), “Small Time Crooks” (2000), “The Stepford Wives” (2004), and “The Producers” (2005), and he also appeared in a guest role in “Just Shoot Me!” (2003), “Las Vegas” (2004-2005), and “Two and a Half Men” (2006), before hosting “WWE Raw” in 2010.
From 2011 to 2012, he appeared in four episodes of “Hot in Cleveland,” From 2012 to 2015, he portrayed Bobby Gold on the syndicated comedy “Mr. Box Office.” Lovitz has been in the films “A Mouse Tale” (2012), “Jungle Master” (2013), “Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie” (2013), and “Birds of Paradise” (2014), as well as “Sing Your Face Off” in 2014, “The $100,000 Pyramid” in 2016 and 2018, and “The New Celebrity Apprentice” in 2017.
Jon has recently been in the films “Mother’s Day” (2016) and “Killing Hasselhoff” (2017), as well as guest appearances on “Insatiable” (2018), “The Goldbergs” (2019), “The Cool Kids” (2019), and “A.P. Bio” (2019). (2020).
Awards and Nominations
Lovitz garnered Primetime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program for “Saturday Night Live” in 1986 and 1987, and an American Comedy Award nomination for Funniest Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for “A League of Their Own” in 1993.
Jon and his “Happiness” co-stars received a National Board of Review Award for Best Ensemble Acting in 1998, while the cast of “Hotel Transylvania” was nominated for a Behind the Voice Actors Award for Best Vocal Ensemble in a Feature Film in 2013.
Jonathan Michael Lovitz was born in Tarzana, California, on July 21, 1957. He was raised in a Jewish family by his mother, Barbara, father, Robert (an anesthesiologist), and twin sister Leslie. Jon’s paternal grandfather was born Feivel Ianculovici, but he changed his name to Phillip Lovitz after immigrating to the United States from Romania in the early 1900s.
Jon chose to become a comedian after viewing the Woody Allen film “Take the Money and Run” at the age of 13. He subsequently started studying and performing stand-up routines by Allen and Lenny Bruce in his dorm at the University of California, Irvine. In 1979, Lovitz got a bachelor’s degree in theater before enrolling in acting lessons at the Film Actors Workshop.
In 1984, he joined The Groundlings and met Phil Hartman, who would become one of his closest friends. Later, the two became “Saturday Night Live” castmates when Jon proposed to Lorne Michaels, “If you think I’m terrific, you should watch Phil. He’s even better!”
1 Who is Jon Lovitz Wife? Net Worth, Gay Rumors
- Author: famous-comedians.com
- Published Date: 07/03/2023
- Review: 4.81 (963 vote)
- Summary: · Height, 1.78 m ; Nationality, American ; Ethnicity, White ; Profession, Actor, comedian ; Net Worth, $12 million
- Matching search results: His first relationship was with a woman named Brandi Brandt in 1996. Brandi was an American model and actress who even became Playboy’s Playmate of the Month in 1987. However, she was involved in a cocaine trafficking syndicate. Perhaps this caused …
- Source: 🔗
2 Jon Lovitz Net Worth 2023 | Salary Per Movie | House | Cars
- Author: networthbro.com
- Published Date: 07/22/2023
- Review: 4.69 (589 vote)
- Summary: Jon Lovitz is s an American comedian and actor who is best known for being a cast member of “Saturday Night Live” who has a net worth of about $12 million
- Matching search results: Jonathan Michael Lovitz (Jon Lovitz) is an actor and a comedian, Jon Lovitz was born on July 21, 1957, in the Los Angel’s suburb of Tarzan, California. His father was a doctor and was the only boy of the five children in his family and shares …
- Source: 🔗
3 How Jon Lovitz reached a net worth of 12 million
- Author: themoney.co
- Published Date: 06/27/2023
- Review: 4.51 (337 vote)
- Summary: According to networthpost.org, John Lovitz’s estimated net worth is over $ 12 million, all of which was earned through Jon’s appearance in shows and movies
- Matching search results: Jon’s social media platforms have been instrumental in increasing his net worth with over 29 Instagram followers and 000 Twitter followers. These accounts earn him $ 108 to $ 000 for paid or sponsored posts, which adds to his wealth. However, he is …
- Source: 🔗
4 Jon Lovitz Net Worth 2023: Wiki, Married, Family, Wedding, Salary
- Author: networthpost.org
- Published Date: 11/28/2021
- Review: 4.27 (245 vote)
- Summary: So how rich is Jon Lovitz? It is estimated that Jon’s net worth is over $12 million, undoubtedly mainly gained through his appearances in various shows and
- Matching search results: So how rich is Jon Lovitz? It is estimated that Jon’s net worth is over $12 million, undoubtedly mainly gained through his appearances in various shows and movies. In addition to this, Jon’s career as a comedian has also had a huge influence on the …
- Source: 🔗
5 Jon Lovitz Net Worth — The SNL Star Has a Lot to Show For
- Author: idolpersona.com
- Published Date: 12/16/2021
- Review: 4.18 (369 vote)
- Summary: · As of May 2020, Jon Lovitz possesses an estimated net worth of $15 million. This fortune comes from his hard work and involvement in the acting
- Matching search results: Jon Lovitz had roles in other television series and movies as well. Some of the films he played include ‘The Brave Little Toaster,’ ‘Rat Race,’ ‘Big,’ ‘A League of Their Own,’ ‘High School High,’ ‘The Wedding Singer,’ ‘Happiness,’ and ‘The …
- Source: 🔗
6 Jon Lovitz – Net Worth, Salary, Age, Height, Weight, Bio, Family
- Author: popularnetworth.com
- Published Date: 09/21/2021
- Review: 3.88 (223 vote)
- Summary: · Jon Lovitz is a stand-up comedian and actor with a net worth of $12 million. The following are a few of his successful films that grossed a lot
- Matching search results: After leaving SNL, he went on to feature in a number of television shows and films, most notably The Simpsons, The Critic, The Brave Little Toaster, Cats & Dogs, and A Mouse Tale. On his 2001 album Swing When You’re Winning, he performed a duet …
- Source: 🔗
7 Jon Lovitz Net Worth, Salary, Wiki, Married, Bio, Family, Career, Fact
- Author: joebidenbio.com
- Published Date: 01/27/2023
- Review: 3.75 (395 vote)
- Summary: · Jon Lovitz is an actor and stand-up comedian with a net worth of $12 million. Here are a couple of his best-known films that grossed a lot of
- Matching search results: Stand-up Jon Lovitz is an American comedian, actor, and musician best known for his time on Saturday Night Live from 1985 until 1990. He is well known for his part in The Critic as Jay Sherman. He has appeared in films such as The Brave Little …
- Source: 🔗
8 Jon Lovitz Net Worth
- Author: celebritynetworth.com
- Published Date: 03/06/2023
- Review: 3.4 (281 vote)
- Summary: Jon Lovitz Net Worth: Jon Lovitz is an American comedian, actor, and producer who has a net worth of $12 million dollars. Lovitz is best known for being a
- Matching search results: Jon appeared on “Seinfeld” (1995) and “The Naked Truth” (1997), and from 1997 to 1999, he guest-starred on “NewsRadio” twice, then joined the cast as Max Lewis during the show’s final season as a replacement for Phil Hartman’s Bill McNeal. Though …
- Source: 🔗
9 Jon Lovitz Snl, Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, Movies, and Net Worth
- Author: factsbuddy.com
- Published Date: 12/26/2021
- Review: 3.27 (466 vote)
- Summary: Jon Lovitz Net Worth. Jon gets his wealth from his work as an actor, comedian, and singer who became well known as a cast member of Saturday Night Live from
- Matching search results: One of Jon’s most memorable roles Hanukkah Harry cast him in 1989 as a Jewish contemporary of Santa Claus who resides on Mount Sinai and goes the world with a cart flown by three donkeys to offer bland gifts to Jewish boys and girls. Hanukkah is …
- Source: 🔗
- Top List 10+ What is Tim Dillon Net Worth 2023: Full Information
- The 20 What is Aj Mccarron Net Worth 2023: Must Read
- The 10+ What is Carol Kane Net Worth 2023: Things To Know
Thanks for reading this post. The article discusses Jon Lovitz’s net worth and how he acquired it. It also briefly touches on his career highlights. The conclusion is that Lovitz is a very successful man with a high net worth.