FIDLAR will help you know What is Iggy Pop Net Worth 2022: Must Read
Iggy Pop is an American singer, songwriter, and actor with a net worth of $30 million. Iggy Pop was born in Muskegon, Michigan, in April 1947. He is considered to be one of the pioneers of punk rock. Iggy Pop founded the band The Stooges in 1967. The band released its debut album, The Stooges, in 1969. The album was unsuccessful but is now considered one of the most influential punk rock albums of all time. So, what is Iggy Pop Net Worth?
James Newell Osterberg Jr. was born in Muskegon, Michigan, on April 21, 1947. James had a close bond with his parents despite growing up in a trailer park in the little town of Ypsilanti. He attributes his musical passion to their encouragement and support. They even moved out of their bedroom in the family trailer to make room for James’ drum gear.
What Is Iggy Pop Net Worth? – Iggy Pop Net Worth
Iggy Pop has a net worth of $20 million as an American singer, songwriter, musician, and actor. Iggy Pop was the lyricist and singer for The Stooges and was known as the “Godfather of Punk.” The band was instrumental in the development of the early punk genre. Even though his time with The Stooges was a significant part of his career, Iggy is also a tremendously successful solo musician.
Iggy Pop began his solo career by collaborating with David Bowie, a personal friend. Pop ultimately recorded songs like “The Idiot” and “Lust for Life,” becoming a well-known songwriter. Iggy’s stage antics have become legendary. He established himself as a fully unexpected performer and was one of the first performers to popularize the “stage dive.” His more frightening performances involved self-mutilation and indecent exposure to the audience.
“Lust for Life,” “China Girl,” “The Passenger,” and “Real Wild Child” are among his most well-known singles. Pop’s commercial success as a solo artist has been limited. The Stooges sold few records, and things didn’t get much better when he went solo. Nonetheless, he is regarded as a cultural hero and influenced several renowned bands, including the Sex Pistols and Nirvana. He and The Stooges were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2010. He was honored with a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2020.
Iggy was reported to have made several real estate transactions in 2018. First, he lost money on selling a property in Palmetto Bay. The three-bedroom property in a Miami neighborhood sold for $235,000 less than he had paid in 2006. The property has a tennis court, a swimming pool, a waterfall, a wine cellar, a library, and even an aviary. Iggy spent $1.46 million on the house in 2006, but it was sold for $1.225 million in 2018.
In 2018, the musician also transferred his Coconut Grove property to his wife, Nina Alu. He had bought the house in 2016, eight years after marrying his wife. The Florida estate is worth roughly $4 million, and he transferred the title from his trust to her directly, making her the only owner.
The Coconut Grove home is 5,252 square feet, and he paid $4.1 million for it in 2016. It has five bedrooms, a library, black limestone floors, a pool, and a canal.
Film and Television
Iggy has appeared in many film and television ventures outside of music. Among his previous films are “The Color of Money,” “The Rugrats Movie,” “Snow Day,” “Tank Girl,” and many more. He has also appeared in several television programs. “Tales from the Crypt,” “The Adventures of Pete & Pete,” “Beavis and Butthead,” and a memorable episode of “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” in which he portrayed an alien are among his credits.
Iggy is also well-known for his frequent collaborations with Johnny Depp, with whom he has a strong personal relationship. They have collaborated on films such as “Cry-Baby” and “Dream.”
During his high school years, James Osterberg worked as a drummer for numerous bands. The Iguanas, one of his first bands, is where he got his moniker “Iggy.” Iggy traveled to Chicago after dropping out of the University of Michigan to investigate the blossoming blues culture. He later joined the Psychedelic Stooges as a vocalist.
Iggy became resolved to push the boundaries of live performances after being inspired by Jim Morrison’s stage antics. The group released their debut album, “The Stooges,” after signing a record deal with Elektra Records. They followed up with “Fun House,” but both records failed to sell well. “Fun House” garnered critical acclaim years afterward.
During this time, Iggy Pop acquired a serious heroin addiction. The Stooges would not sign another record deal and only issued one more album, “Raw Power,” in 1973. Pop struggled with his addiction for several years after the group dissolved before his career resumed. Iggy began touring with David Bowie after building a strong friendship with him.
Bowie and Pop subsequently moved to West Berlin to get help for their drug problems. After that, Bowie and Pop worked together on two of Iggy’s solo albums, “The Idiot” and “Lust for Life.” These albums included some of his most successful singles, including “The Passenger.” Bowie and Pop also collaborated on songs such as “China Girl” and “Tonight.”
Throughout the following few years, Bowie and Pop collaborated on several projects. Iggy continued to create solo albums and collaborate with various musicians. Iggy Pop reunited with The Stooges in the 2000s. He continues to make music to this day, and in 2020 he published “Dirty Little Virus,” a song about the Covid-19 epidemic.
Iggy Pop has had three marriages. His first marriage, to Wendy Weissberg, lasted barely a few weeks before being dissolved. In 1984, he married Suchi Asano, and the pair divorced 15 years later. He married his current wife, Nina Alu, in 2008. Iggy has a son from a previous marriage to Paulette Benson.
1 Iggy Pop Singer – Biography Mask
- Author: biographymask.com
- Published Date: 01/11/2022
- Review: 4.87 (896 vote)
- Summary: · Net worth. Iggy Pop is living a comfortable life with his family. Thanks to the fame and fortune he has earned from his work as of today
- Matching search results: Moving on toward the romantic and private life of Iggy Pop, he has married three times in his life. His first wife was Wendy Weissberg who married in 1968. But, after her death of her, he married Suchi Asano in 1984. They remained together till …
2 Everything you need to know about Iggy Pop
- Author: chilloutradio.com
- Published Date: 09/18/2021
- Review: 4.65 (475 vote)
- Summary: The singer has an estimated net worth of approximately $20 million thanks to his career as a singer, songwriter, producer and actor. Iggy Pop’s personal life
- Matching search results: Iggy Pop is famous for being an American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer and actor. He is often called the ‘Godfather of Punk’ and is known for being the vocalist and lyricist from the band ‘The Stooges’. He originally became known for …
3 Iggy Pop Net Worth
- Author: celebritynetworth.com
- Published Date: 02/03/2022
- Review: 4.49 (429 vote)
- Summary: Iggy Pop Net Worth: Iggy Pop is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and actor who has a net worth of $20 million. Known as the “Godfather of Punk,”
- Matching search results: Early Life: James Newell Osterberg Jr. was born on April 21st of 1947 in Muskegon, Michigan. Raised in a trailer park in the small town of Ypsilanti, James had a strong relationship with his parents. He credits their support and guidance for helping …
4 Iggy Pop – Net Worth 2021, Salary, Age, Bio, Family, Career, Wiki
- Author: popularnetworth.com
- Published Date: 07/06/2022
- Review: 4.38 (384 vote)
- Summary: · Iggy Pop’s net worth is projected to be over $24 million as of December 2021. His extremely inspired punk music accounts for the most of his
- Matching search results: James Newell Osterberg Jr., better known by his stage name Iggy Pop, was born in Muskegon, Michigan, on April 21, 1947. His father, James Newell Osterberg, was a baseball coach at Fordson High School in Dearborn, Michigan, and his mother, Louella, …
5 Iggy Pop Net Worth, Bio, Age, Height, Wiki [Updated 2022]
- Author: popularbio.com
- Published Date: 09/27/2021
- Review: 4.1 (331 vote)
- Summary: · Iggy Pop estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Iggy Pop in
- Matching search results: Dating is to describe a stage in a person’s life when he or she is actively pursuing romantic relationships with different people. If two unmarried celebrities are seen in public together, they are often described as “dating” which means they were …
- Lists 20+ What is Colin Hay Net Worth 2022: Should Read
- Top 20+ What is Lin Manuel Miranda Net Worth 2022: Full Information
Iggy Pop is best known as the frontman of the Stooges, a punk rock band formed in 1967. The Stooges released four studio albums before disbanding in 1974. Iggy Pop pursued a solo career, releasing his debut album, The Idiot, in 1977. He has since released 17 studio albums, most recently Free in 2019. Iggy Pop has also appeared in numerous films and television shows throughout his career.