Derek Lamar Fisher is a professional basketball coach and player from the United States. He was born on August 9, 1974. Fisher spent the majority of his 18 seasons as a professional basketball player with the Los Angeles Lakers, and during that time, they won five NBA championships. Derek Fisher is worth $45 million dollars.
Where did Derek Fisher’s success come from, and how did he amass such a fortune? Here at Fidlarmusic, we’ll be exploring Derek Fisher’s life and career in order to get a better idea of Derek Fisher net worth.
Derek Fisher’s Overview
Derek Fisher was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, in the year 1974. Duane, who is his older brother, also went on to play in the NBA.
Fisher went to Parkview Arts and Science Magnet High School and played basketball there when he was a teen. After high school, he became a communications major at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
In 112 college basketball games at Arkansas, he scored an average of 12.4 points and grabbed an average of 4.4 rebounds per game.
Fisher also led the team every year in steals and assists, and as a senior, he was named Sunbelt Conference Player of the Year. At the end of his career, he had the best scores, assists, and steals at his school.
Los Angeles Lakers
The Los Angeles Lakers picked Fisher with the 24th pick in the 1996 NBA draft. In his first NBA game, he played against the Phoenix Suns, scored 12 points, and passed the ball five times.
During his first season, he played in 79 more games and averaged 3.9 points and 1.5 assists.
During his second season, he and the Lakers made it to the Western Conference Finals, but the Utah Jazz beat them in four games. He averaged 9.8 points and 4.9 assists per game during the 1998–99 season, which was cut short by a lockout.
Fisher had his best season yet in 1999-2000 when he beat the Indiana Pacers to win his first NBA championship.
Even though he hurt his foot and missed the first 62 games of the 2000-2001 season, Fisher came back strong to start the Lakers’ last 20 games.
At the end of the season, the team won eight straight games and then won every game in the Western Conference. The Lakers beat the Philadelphia 76ers in five games in the Finals, giving Fisher his second title in a row.
The next season, they beat the New Jersey Nets and won their third title in a row.
Fisher was the Lakers’ main point guard because of how well he played, but the team lost in the Western Conference Semifinals in 2003, so Fisher went back to the bench the next year.
But in Game 5 of the Western Conference Semifinals in 2004, Fisher had one of his best moments in the playoffs.
With 0.4 seconds left on the clock, the San Antonio Spurs were ahead 73-72, but Fisher scored at the buzzer to give the Lakers the win.
The team went on to win the Western Conference Finals against the Minnesota Timberwolves, but they lost the NBA Finals to the Detroit Pistons.
Utah Jazz and Golden State Warriors
Fisher signed a $37 million deal with the Golden State Warriors in 2004. The deal was for six years. The Warriors had a hard time getting out of the bottom spot in the Western Conference during most of his time on the team.
Still, Fisher scored 13.3 points per game during the 2005-06 season, which was the best average of his career.
In 2006, Fisher was sent to the Utah Jazz in a trade. He played in all 82 games and scored 10.10 points per game on average. Fisher missed part of Game 2 of the 2007 playoffs in Salt Lake City because his daughter had surgery in New York.
Fisher got to Utah during the game and started playing in the middle of the third quarter. With only a few minutes left, he made a three-pointer to win the game for the Jazz. In the end, the team lost to the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.
Bring it back to the Lakers.
Fisher was officially back with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2007. He returned to being the starting point guard during a good season that led the Lakers to the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Boston Celtics.
The next season, the team returned to the Finals and beat the Orlando Magic in four games. In 2010, the Lakers played the Boston Celtics in the Finals again.
A key three-pointer from Fisher helped the Lakers come back from a 13-point deficit in the third quarter and win 83-79, giving Fisher his fifth NBA championship.
Rockets, Thunder, and Mavericks
In 2012, Fisher was sent to the Houston Rockets. After he worked out a deal with the team to get out of his contract, he was let go without playing a game.
Fisher then signed a deal to finish the season with the Oklahoma City Thunder. He went to the NBA Finals for the eighth time with the Thunder, but they lost to the Miami Heat.
Fisher then signed with the Dallas Mavericks. However, he asked to be let go when he hurt his knee. Fisher re-signed with the Thunder in February 2013 and again in July of that year. He helped the team make it to the Western Conference Finals, which the Spurs won.
Duane Washington, a former NBA player, is Fisher’s older brother by ten years. Fisher is a devout Christian who has claimed that his religion gives him an edge on the basketball court.  D-Fish is what his friends call Fisher.
He tied the knot with Candace on February 19, 2005; the couple now has four kids: Tatum and Drew (twins), Marshall, and Chloe. Fisher filed for divorce on March 18, 2015, citing irreconcilable differences; the divorce was finalized in May of the following year.
Fisher’s stalker, a forty-year-old woman who first targeted him in 2001, was issued a temporary restraining order in 2009.
She insisted they were married and even legally changed her name to Fisher’s. He successfully petitioned to extend the order by three years, to May of 2012.
With professional dancer Sharna Burgess as his partner, Fisher appeared on season 25 of “Dancing with the Stars.” The couple was the third to be booted.
At a party hosted by Barnes’ ex-wife Gloria Govan in October 2015, Fisher got into a fight with former teammate Matt Barnes.
The engagement between Fisher and Govan was announced in April of 2018, and the wedding took place on July 17, 2021, at Cielo Farms in Malibu, California.
On June 4, 2017, after a car crash in Los Angeles in which Fisher’s vehicle overturned, he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. Govan, a passenger in the accident, walked away unscathed. At a later date, he entered a plea of “no contest.”
What Is Derek Fisher’s Net Worth and Salary in 2023?
He has a net worth of $45 million.
His earning salary during his career is $64,160,721.
Why is Derek Fisher Famous?
Fisher had a great four years at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, but he was drafted way down in the first round because teams assumed older players had less potential.
Still, Fisher’s game had some redeeming qualities, such as his 3-point shooting, point guard prowess, and leadership. Fisher averaged 6.4 three-point attempts per game during his four years at Little Rock, making 38% of them.
Overall, scouts had a pretty good idea that Fisher would be a role player, or a 3-point specialist, for his entire 17-year career. They had no idea, however, how valuable he would prove to be for the Lakers off and on the court as a role player.
It took Fisher a while to become a full-time starter for the Lakers because he had to fight for playing time with Nick Van Exel and later the Harper brothers (Derek and Ron aren’t related).
1 Derek Fisher Net Worth, Salary, Contract, Age, Height, Career, Parents
- Author: celebnetworth.org
- Published Date: 07/14/2023
- Review: 4.83 (917 vote)
- Summary: · Derek Fisher Biography & Other Detail: ; Other Name, D-Fish ; Net Worth, $50 million ; Profession, Basketball Player, Coach ; Birth Place, Little
- Matching search results: Derek had gotten garlands of admiration after he defeated the San Antonio Spurs in 2004 with a ticking minute of 0.4 seconds remaining on the clock. This incident had made NBA history during the faceoff. Many timeouts had happened before the …
2 Derek Fisher Net Worth
- Author: celebritynetworth.com
- Published Date: 05/27/2023
- Review: 4.73 (337 vote)
- Summary: Derek Fisher has a net worth of $45 million. Over his 18-year professional playing career, he won five NBA championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, and also
- Matching search results: Fisher was traded to the Utah Jazz in 2006. He appeared in all 82 games of the season, and averaged 10.1 points per game. In the 2007 playoffs in Salt Lake City, Fisher had to miss part of Game 2 due to his infant daughter’s emergency surgery in New …
3 Who is Derek Fisher Dating Now?
- Author: datingcelebs.com
- Published Date: 03/26/2023
- Review: 4.41 (590 vote)
- Summary: Birth Place. Little Rock ; Profession. Basketball Player ; Net Worth. $100,000 – $1M ; Martial Status. Dating ; Height. 6′ 1″
- Matching search results: The American Basketball Player was born in Little Rock on August 9, 1974. NBA guard mostly for the Los Angeles Lakers who hit one of the most famous shots in NBA playoff history with 0.4 seconds left on the game clock to lift the Lakers over the San …
4 Derek Fisher – The Richest Star
- Author: thericheststar.com
- Published Date: 04/21/2023
- Review: 4.34 (400 vote)
- Summary: American professional baseball Derek Fisher has an estimated net worth of $45 Million, and the majority of his earnings come from inclusive prize money and
- Matching search results: Derek Fisher is one of the most famous and celebrated baseballs in the world. This superstar was born on 9th August 1974, in Little Rock, Arkansas. He is currently 47 years old, And now he lives at Little Rock, Arkansas with his family. This …
5 Derek Fisher Net Worth, Bio, Age, Height, Wiki [Updated 2023]
- Author: popularbio.com
- Published Date: 04/02/2023
- Review: 4.13 (537 vote)
- Summary: · According to Wikipedia, Forbes, IMDb & Various Online resources, famous Basketball Player Derek Fisher’s net worth is $1-5 Million at the age of
- Matching search results: Derek Fisher was born in Little Rock, AR on August 9, 1974. NBA guard mostly for the Los Angeles Lakers who hit one of the most famous shots in NBA playoff history with 0.4 seconds left on the game clock to lift the Lakers over the San Antonio Spurs …
6 Derek Fisher Net Worth: What is his current annual income?
- Author: thetoughtackle.com
- Published Date: 07/26/2023
- Review: 3.97 (262 vote)
- Summary: · His net worth is $55 million. The most well-known coach in the National Basketball Association in the United States, Derek Fisher, is projected
- Matching search results: Derek Fisher, an American who coaches in the professional basketball league, is considered the top coach in the world. His net worth is $55 million. The most well-known coach in the National Basketball Association in the United States, Derek Fisher, …
7 Derek Fisher Net Worth 2023: Biography Career Income Home
- Author: caknowledge.com
- Published Date: 01/17/2023
- Review: 3.73 (241 vote)
- Summary: · The world’s best American professional basketball coach “Derek Fisher” has a net worth of $55 Million. According to various online resources (
- Matching search results: Derek Fisher Net Worth, Biography, Wife, Age, Height, Weight, and many more details can be checked on this page. Derek Fisher is an American professional basketball coach who has a net worth to be around $55 million. Are you curious to know about …
8 Derek Fisher: Sparks| why was fired| Net Worth| Wife
- Author: sportsjone.com
- Published Date: 02/25/2023
- Review: 3.53 (289 vote)
- Summary: · Derek Fisher is a retired NBA player who eventually became the team’s head coach and general manager. Derek Fisher has a net worth of $45
- Matching search results: Derek Fisher is a retired NBA player who eventually became the team’s head coach and general manager. Derek Fisher has a net worth of $45 million. In his 18-year professional playing career, he won five NBA championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, …
9 Derek Fisher Net Worth 2023: Wiki, Married, Family, Wedding
- Author: networthpost.org
- Published Date: 10/31/2021
- Review: 3.3 (539 vote)
- Summary: Have you ever wondered how rich is Derek Fisher, as of early 2016? According to authoritative sources, it is estimated that Derek’s net worth is over $40
- Matching search results: Derek Fisher spent his childhood with younger brother, Duane Washington, who is also a retired NBA player, in Little Rock, where he attended high school. During his studies there, he started playing basketball, and then continued when he enrolled at …
10 Derek Fisher Bio, Affair, Divorce, Net Worth, Salary, Age, Height
- Author: marriedbiography.com
- Published Date: 01/26/2023
- Review: 3.06 (570 vote)
- Summary: · Fisher’s Net Worth is estimated at around $40 Million as of 2023. Here is the following Salary he earned during his career in Basketball. Derek
- Matching search results: The result was a three-year run that established the Lakers as the newest dynasty in the NBA. The Lakers defeated the Indiana Pacers in the 2000 NBA finals, announcing themselves as the new superpower. Fish had established himself as a key cog of a …
FAQs about Derek Fisher
What is Derek Fisher salary?
Salary estimates put Derek Fisher’s annual income at $4 million.
Is Derek Fisher married?
Yes he is. Gloria, the player’s current wife, works as an actor and reality star and is a big part of the Hollywood lifestyle.
Is Allen Iverson rich? allen iverson net worth
Four times between 1998 and 2005, he led the NBA in scoring, and his career scoring average is second only to Michael Jordan’s. As of September 2023, Allen Iverson has a net worth of around $1 million.
Gloria Govan’s net worth
Reality television star Gloria Govan of the United States is worth $5 million. Most people know Gloria Govan as the ex-wife of NBA star Matt Barnes, from 2013 to 2016. Recent years have seen romantic rumors involving her and ex-NBA player/coach Derek Fisher.
Candace Fisher net worth
No one knows how much the player’s ex-wife is worth. No information about where she gets her money or how much she makes has been given. But she has used much of the divorce money to help herself.
Candace will get $109k per month in support, which adds up to $1.3 million per year in spousal support and $180k per year in child support. We can assume that she has a lot of money because of this.
How much is Lebron James Worth?
LeBron James is an American professional basketball player and entrepreneur with a net worth of $600 million. LeBron didn’t go to college because he was the country’s best high school basketball player.
Instead, he was taken first in the 2003 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers, which is his hometown team.
How much money is Kobe Bryant worth?
Kobe Bryant was a professional basketball player, producer, philanthropist, and businessman from the United States. Kobe Bryan’s estate is estimated to be worth $600 million.
Kobe Bryant tragically perished in a helicopter accident on January 26, 2020. Kobe Bryant was a five-time NBA champion, two-time NBA Finals MVP, and an 18-time NBA All-Star.
Thank you for reading! We hope this article has given you a little more information about Derek Fisher and how much money he has. Stay tuned to Fidlarmusic for more news about Derek Fisher’s and other celebrities’ net worths!