David Luiz is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Chelsea and the Brazil national team. He primarily plays as a center-back but can also be deployed as a defensive midfielder.
Luiz is known for his composure on the ball and his ability to bring the ball out of defense and start attacks. He has been praised for his technical ability and described as a “complete defender.” And David Luiz net worth is one of the most things that make people surprised.
What is David Luiz’s Net Worth and Salary 2023?
David Luiz Net Worth of $20 Million
David Luiz’s Salary: $6 Million
David Luiz Overview
David Luiz Moreira Marinho (born 22 April 1987), known as David Luiz, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for the English club Chelsea and the Brazil national team. Primarily a center-back, he can also be deployed as a defensive midfielder.
After starting at Vitória, he moved to Benfica, remaining with the Portuguese club for five seasons. In January 2011, he was transferred to Chelsea for a fee of 21.3 million euro, becoming the most expensive defender in Chelsea’s history.
He helped Chelsea win the UEFA Champions League in 2012. In June 2014, he was sold to French club Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of £50 million, making him the most expensive sale by Chelsea and the second most expensive defender of all time.
After winning domestic honors with Paris Saint-Germain, including two Ligue 1 titles, Luiz signed for Chelsea for the second time in August 2016 for £34 million.
Luiz has been capped 60 times by Brazil and represented the nation at two FIFA World Cups and the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
He was a member of the Brazilian squads that won the silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics and the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
A quick, strong, aggressive, and physical defender with good technical skills and ability in the air, Luiz has been described as a “flawed genius,” a “Samba star,” and a “defensive maverick.” He is known for his confidence on the ball, which has earned him the nickname “The Slabhead.”
Luiz began his career at Benfica, where he won the Primeira Liga and two Taça da Liga titles, before joining Chelsea for a then-club record fee of £21 million.
At Chelsea, he won the UEFA Champions League and the Premier League twice, as well as the FA Cup and the League Cup. After a brief return to Benfica, he rejoined Chelsea in 2016.
Luiz has made over 250 appearances for Chelsea and represented Brazil at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, and the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He was a member of the Brazil squad that won the 2019 Copa América.
Born in Diadema, São Paulo, Luiz began his career at Vitória before moving to Europe in 2007 to join Benfica. He spent three seasons in Portugal, winning the Primeira Liga in 2009–10 and two Taça da Liga titles. In April 2011, Luiz signed for Chelsea for a sports club Flamengo record fee of £21 million.
Luiz made his Chelsea debut in a 2–1 home defeat to Liverpool on 8 May 2011. His first season in England was successful, as he helped Chelsea win the FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League. He also started in Chelsea’s 2012 UEFA Super Cup victory over Atlético Madrid.
In the 2012–13 season, Luiz was a regular starter in Chelsea’s league campaign but missed a place in the starting lineup for the UEFA Champions League Final, which Chelsea won against Bayern Munich.
The following season, Luiz started in Chelsea’s 2–0 League Cup winner final victory over Tottenham Hotspur. He also started in the UEFA Super Cup, which Chelsea lost to Bayern Munich.
David Luiz is a passionate Evangelical Christian who looks up to Kaká. He said, “My religion gives me the confidence to go out there and perform and progress as a player. It gives me courage and motivation.”
Later, he remarked, “God owns everything in life. Our goal has already been determined.” In May 2015, he was baptized in the indoor swimming pool of his Brazil and PSG teammate Maxwell.
David Luiz was physically compared to Brazilian basketball star Anderson Varejo by fans in his own country earlier in his career owing to their similar hairdo. In England, he was dubbed The Simpsons villain Sideshow Bob by opposing fans and in self-reference.
David Luiz also has a Portuguese passport, which he obtained while playing for Benfica. Portugal wanted him to play for them, but he chose to play for his home Brazil instead.
Luiz and his colleague Willian purchased Babbo, an Italian restaurant in Mayfair, London, in 2018.
Why is David Luiz famous?
David Luiz is famous because he is a Brazilian professional soccer player. He has played for many teams, including Chelsea and Arsenal. He is known for his skills on the field and his good looks.
1 David Luiz – The Richest Star
- Author: thericheststar.com
- Published Date: 08/04/2023
- Review: 4.82 (908 vote)
- Summary: Brazilian professional soccer David Luiz has an estimated net worth of $20 Million, and the majority of his earnings come from inclusive prize money and
- Matching search results: Brazilian professional soccer David Luiz has an estimated net worth of $20 Million, and the majority of his earnings come from inclusive prize money and sponsorships. He’s arguably one of the best soccers in the world and continues to challenge …
- Source: 🔗
2 David Luiz Net Worth 2023: Wiki, Married, Family, Wedding, Salary
- Author: networthpost.org
- Published Date: 01/22/2023
- Review: 4.7 (542 vote)
- Summary: David Luiz Net Worth $20 million … Luiz grew up in Brazil, along with his sister. His football career started in 1999 in his homeland, with the club Sao Paulo
- Matching search results: In 2007 he joined the Portuguese club Benfica, signing a five-year, €1.5 million deal; his wealth began to grow. His best season came in 2009-2010, being the team’s vice-captain, and helping Benfica to win the Premier League as well as Taça da Liga. …
- Source: 🔗
3 David Luiz Net Worth & Earnings
- Author: networthspot.com
- Published Date: 04/26/2023
- Review: 4.57 (482 vote)
- Summary: · David Luiz has an approximated net worth of about $88.86 million. Although David Luiz’s actual net worth is unknown, NetWorthSpot predicts that
- Matching search results: Unlike YouTube, Instagram does not pay influencers based on their variety of views. Instead, Instagram influencers with a lot of followers are able to require a high price to release sponsored photos. The value of an Instagram profile depends upon …
- Source: 🔗
4 David Luiz Net Worth, Salary, Age & Biography
- Author: owogram.com
- Published Date: 10/30/2021
- Review: 4.36 (447 vote)
- Summary: How much is David Luiz net worth and salary? Today he is worth an estimated $60 million and earns £100000 every week. Learn more about him
- Matching search results: His debut goal for the club came in January 2009, in a tough game against rivals Braga which ended in a 1-0 victory for the club. He was deployed at the left back position for most of the season due to the presence of Jorge Ribeiro who was deemed …
- Source: 🔗
5 David Luiz – Bio, Age, Net Worth, Height, In Relation, Nationality
- Author: biographymask.com
- Published Date: 09/21/2021
- Review: 4.06 (458 vote)
- Summary: · More Facts of David Luiz ; Brazil · 6 feet 2 inches (1.88m) · in-relation · Bruna Loureiro · $8 million
- Matching search results: In his international football career, he played for Brazil in the year 2010. This marked his international debut. Since then, the prominent footballer has bagged more than 50 caps for his home country. Along with representing his country in the 2014 …
- Source: 🔗
6 David Luiz Bio, Net worth, Affair, Age, Height, Wife,Current Team, Nationality, Number, Jersey, Transfer, Injury, Son, Wiki, Facts, Contract, News
- Author: gossipgist.com
- Published Date: 07/24/2023
- Review: 3.88 (489 vote)
- Summary: · This excellent player makes good money from his work. The net worth of David is estimated to have $63 million in 2018. He is receiving an annual
- Matching search results: However, Chelsea welcomed Huddersfield Town at home on Saturday. Huddersfield returned suffering a 5-0 loss against Chelsea, where January signing Higuain opened his account scoring in the 16th minute. Chelsea favorite Hazard doubled their lead in …
- Source: 🔗
7 David Luiz biography, personal life, career, net worth and cars
- Author: sportgraphy.com
- Published Date: 09/25/2021
- Review: 3.62 (284 vote)
- Summary: · Luiz earns a reasonable amount of money from his career as the footballer. He has a net worth estimated to be$68 million including his assists
- Matching search results: This talented person is one of the successful players of Under-20 team at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in 2007. He has performed in many tournaments representing his national side in both junior and senior levels. In addition, he netted his 1st …
- Source: 🔗
8 David Luiz – Net Worth 2023, Age, Height, Bio, Salary
- Author: networthageheight.com
- Published Date: 01/07/2023
- Review: 3.57 (404 vote)
- Summary: David Luiz’s Net Worth, Salary, Income, Lifestyles, Family & many more details. Let’s check, How Rich is David Luiz in 2021-2023? … Famous Soccer Player David
- Matching search results: he is one of the successful Soccer Player. he has ranked on the list of those famous people who were born on April 22. he is one of the Richest Soccer Player who was born in Sao Paulo. he also has a position among the list of Most popular Soccer …
- Source: 🔗
9 David Luiz Net Worth, Height, Age, Affair, Career, and More
- Author: celebsrevealed.com
- Published Date: 12/08/2021
- Review: 3.26 (249 vote)
- Summary: Soccer player is David Luiz primary income source. His net worth is $63 million in 2021. Income Source. Soccer player. Net Worth in 2021
- Matching search results: Celebrities win the hearts of their fans with their body structure. Fans want to know about the body measurement of celebrities. They want to compare their body structure with celebrities, so fans are interested to know about their favorite …
- Source: 🔗
- Lists 6 What is Judah Friedlander Net Worth 2023: Full Guide
- The 8 What is Josh Duggar Net Worth 2023: Best Guide
- The 16 What is Joseline Hernandez Net Worth 2023: Full Things To Know
- Top 10+ What is Julia Robert Net Worth 2023: Full Information
- Top 16 What is Kareem Abdul Jabbar Net Worth 2023: Best Guide
- The 25 What is Karen Huger Net Worth 2023: Best Guide
- Top List 20+ What is Karrueche Tran Net Worth 2023: Full Information
FAQs about David Luiz
What is their net worth of Neymar?
Neymar is a Brazilian soccer player with a net worth of $185 million. He is one of the highest-paid athletes in the world and has endorsement deals with some of the biggest brands, including Nike, McDonald’s, and Gillette.
Neymar has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world, including Santos, Barcelona, and Paris Saint-Germain, and has won numerous trophies, including an Olympic gold medal.
Who sold David Luiz to PSG?
The Englishman in charge of PSG’s transfer policy, Antero Henrique, is the man behind David Luiz’s move to the French capital. The fee for the 32-year-old was £50 million (€58m/$68m), a club record for a defender.
Is Ronaldinho rich?
Ronaldinho is a retired Brazilian professional footballer who played as an attacking midfielder or forward. He was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Ronaldinho is one of the richest footballers in the world. He has an estimated net worth of $105 million. Ronaldinho has earned his wealth through his successful career as a footballer.
He has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world, including Barcelona, AC Milan, and Paris Saint-Germain. Ronaldinho has also been
What age is David Luiz?
David Luiz is a professional soccer player who plays for the Chelsea Football Club in England. He is 35 years old.
David Luiz salary Flamengo?
In January 2019, David Luiz signed a two-year contract with Flamengo worth around $10 million. The deal made him the highest-paid player in the history of the club. Luiz has been a key player for Flamengo, helping the team win the Copa Libertadores in 2020.
David Luiz net worth in 2023?
As of 2023, David Luiz has a net worth of approximately $40 million.
Where is David Luiz now?
David Luiz is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for the English club Chelsea and the Brazil national team. He primarily plays as a center-back but can also be deployed as a defensive midfielder.
On 16 August 2011, Luiz signed a five-year contract with Chelsea for a fee of £21.3 million, making him the most expensive defender in English football history.
David Luiz is a central defender and world-class footballer who has proven his technical ability and composure on the ball time and time again.
His versatility makes him a valuable asset to any team, and his net worth is one of his most surprising things. If you’re a football fan or want to learn more about one of the world’s best defenders, check out David Luiz.