David Boies is an American lawyer and author representing some of the world’s largest companies in their most high-profile cases. In addition to his law practice, Boies has taught at several prestigious law schools and authored several books. He is widely regarded as one of the most successful trial lawyers in the country.
Many say, “As of 2023, David Boies net worth is estimated to be $700 million.” But is this information correct? And if so, how did he achieve such a massive net worth? We’ve summed up everything you need to know about David Boies’s finances in this article.
What is David Boies Net Worth and Salary 2023?
David Boies is a professional lawyer with a net worth of $20 Million.
David Boies Overview
David Boies is an American lawyer and chairman of the law firm Boies, Schiller & Flexner. He has been involved in various high-profile cases in the United States.
Boies was born in Syosset, New York, and raised in a Jewish family. His father was an insurance salesman, and his mother was a schoolteacher.
Boies graduated from Yale Law School in 1966. After working as a clerk for Criminal Court Judge Learned Hand, he joined the New York firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore, where he became a partner in 1974.
In addition to his law degree, Boies is active in several philanthropic and political causes. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the American Civil Liberties Union and the Human Rights Campaign. He is also a trustee of the American Constitution Society.
Boies began his legal career as a clerk for Judge Learned Hand of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He then joined the New York law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore, where he worked on various cases, including antitrust litigation.
In 1977, Boies left Cravath to start his law firm, Boies & McInnis, with fellow lawyer Thomas D. McInnis. The firm was later renamed Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP and today has offices in New York, Washington, D.C., Florida, and California.
Boies has represented some of the world’s largest companies in complex litigation matters, including Microsoft, IBM, AOL, Time Warner, and Oracle.
He has also represented the U.S. government in several high-profile cases, including the successful prosecution of former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani in the 1990s. Boies is perhaps best known for representing Al Gore in the 2000 presidential election recount case, Bush v. Gore.
In recent years, a donation from Boies has been involved in several high-profile cases involving the rights of same-sex couples.
In 2013, he successfully argued before the U.S. Supreme Court that the Criminal Defense Attorney of Marriage Act, which barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages, was unconstitutional.
He also represented the plaintiffs in the landmark 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges, which legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.
The National Football League Players Association retained Boies in 2011 to help negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement with the NFL. In 2012, he represented the NHLPA in its dispute with the NHL over the league’s lockout of the players.
In 2013, Boies represented Major League Baseball in its successful effort to overturn a ruling that would have allowed the formation of a competing major league.
In 2014, Boies represented the family of Martin Luther King Jr. in a lawsuit against the estate of James Earl Ray, the man convicted of assassinating King. A judge dismissed the suit in 2015.
In 2015, Boies represented the National Collegiate Athletic Association in a lawsuit challenging the NCAA’s amateurism rules. The case was settled in 2017.
In 2016, Boies represented Hillary Clinton in her lawsuit against the State Department over its handling of her emails.
In 2017, Boies represented Harvey Weinstein in a law career against the New York Times.
In 2018, Boies represented the family of late financier Jeffrey Epstein in a defamation lawsuit against Ghislaine Maxwell.
In 2019, Boies represented the family of financier Robert F. Smith in a lawsuit against Goldman Sachs.
Boies attended Loyola Law School, where he graduated first in his class. After school of law, Boies worked as a law clerk for Judge Oliver Gasch of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. He then joined the Washington, D.C. law firm of Covington & Burling as an associate.
Boies rose to prominence during the Microsoft antitrust case, in which he represented the United States Department of Justice.
He has also represented Al Gore during the 2000 presidential election recount and represented New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner in a suit against Major League Baseball.
In addition to his law practice, Boies has authored several books, including The Making of Microsoft and Red Bull Rising.
Boies is worth an estimated $8 million. He has been married three times and has four children.
In the early 2000s, Boies was involved in several high-profile real estate deals, including the $1.8 billion sale of the Stuyvesant Town-Peter Cooper Village complex in New York City.
Boies represented the seller, Tishman Speyer, in the deal, the largest residential real estate transaction in history.
Boies has also represented Donald Trump in several legal matters, including the Trump University fraud case. In 2016, Boies represented Trump in a lawsuit against the chef Jose Andres, who had backed out of a contract to open a restaurant in Trump’s new hotel in Washington, D.C.
Boies is one of the country’s most successful real estate lawyers and has been involved in some of the biggest deals in recent history.
He is a master negotiator with a reputation for getting the best possible deals for his clients. If you are looking to buy or sell a property or are involved in any other real estate transaction, you would be wise to hire David Boies to represent you.
Why is David Boies famous?
David Boies is famous because he has recently been involved in some of the most high-profile legal cases (lawyer of the year).
He represented Al Gore in the 2000 presidential election recount. He was the lead counsel for the plaintiffs in the landmark Supreme Court case that overturned California’s Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage.
Boies is known for his work as a defense attorney in numerous high-profile cases, including the Microsoft antitrust trial.
1 David Boies Bio, Career, Education, Age, Spouse, Height and Net Worth
- Author: factualideas.com
- Published Date: 02/13/2023
- Review: 4.92 (789 vote)
- Summary: David Boies is an American attorney and chairman of the law firm Boies, Schiller & Flexner. He is well known for leading the US federal government’s successful
- Matching search results: He defended the Justice Department against the Microsoft Corp case. He won the case at trial and in addition, the verdict was upheld on appeal. The appeal court reversed the remedy granted (company dissolution) and remanded the case to the trial …
2 David Boies | Famous People Facts – Kidadl
- Author: kidadl.com
- Published Date: 07/29/2023
- Review: 4.69 (449 vote)
- Summary: · David has a net worth of $20 million. How much does David Boies earn per year? David Boies earns up to $200,000 per year. Height, Age, &
- Matching search results: He is famous for being a part of several noteworthy cases as a lawyer during his legal career, including the United States vs. Microsoft, in which he defended the Justice Department. Washington Monthly dubbed him a ‘crazy genius’ and ‘excellent …
3 Who Is David Boies? Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Ethnicity
- Author: biographygist.com
- Published Date: 01/15/2023
- Review: 4.46 (207 vote)
- Summary: · As of July 2023, David Boies’ net worth is estimated to be more than $25 million. He amassed this enormous fortune as the law firm Boies,
- Matching search results: Time magazine named Boies “Lawyer of the Year” in 2000. The University of Pennsylvania named a professor after David Boies, who Thomas Sugrue currently holds. He has endowed a government chair at the University of Redlands. He also funds the “Mary …
4 Top 20 Richest Lawyers in the World as of 2023
- Author: techiegamers.com
- Published Date: 12/24/2021
- Review: 4.24 (589 vote)
- Summary: · 19. David Boies – $20 Million. Former Chief Counsel for the US Senate David Boies is a lawyer who earned recognition in three momentous cases:
- Matching search results: The typical lawyer’s career is actually quite mundane. The vast majority of their time is spent on research and paperwork rather than in the courtroom. However, there are some individuals exempted from this fact, and they’ve built a massive fortune …
5 David Boies – Net Worth, Salary, Age, Height, Weight, Bio, Family
- Author: popularnetworth.com
- Published Date: 01/20/2023
- Review: 4.01 (562 vote)
- Summary: · As of August 2021, David Boies’ net worth is believed to be more than $25 million. He amassed this enormous fortune as the chairman of the legal
- Matching search results: Boies has represented a number of well-known individuals and corporations, including CBS, Al Gore, Michael Moore, the Golden Gate Yacht Club, Oracle Corporation, Harvey Weinstein, and others. In addition, his firm assisted the United States …
6 David Boies Net Worth 2023: Wiki, Married, Family, Wedding, Salary
- Author: networthpost.org
- Published Date: 05/11/2023
- Review: 3.98 (442 vote)
- Summary: David Boies Net Worth $20 Million ; Net Worth, $8 Million ; Date Of Birth, March 11, 1941 ; Place Of Birth, Sycamore, Illinois, U.S. ; Profession, American lawyer,
- Matching search results: David Boies pursued his professional career initially working as an attorney in the law firm based in New York City called Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP – in 1973, he became a partner of the previously mentioned company. Meanwhile, he held the …
- Lists 6 What is Judah Friedlander Net Worth 2023: Full Guide
- The 8 What is Josh Duggar Net Worth 2023: Best Guide
- The 16 What is Joseline Hernandez Net Worth 2023: Full Things To Know
- Top 10+ What is Julia Robert Net Worth 2023: Full Information
- Top 16 What is Kareem Abdul Jabbar Net Worth 2023: Best Guide
- The 25 What is Karen Huger Net Worth 2023: Best Guide
- Top List 20+ What is Karrueche Tran Net Worth 2023: Full Information
FAQs about David Boies
Who is the richest lawyer in the world?
According to the Wealth-X and UBS World Ultra Wealth Report 2020, the richest lawyer is David Boies, with an estimated net worth of $8 million.
Who is the richest lawyer in the USA?
According to the Internal Revenue Service, the richest lawyer in the USA is Paul G. Breyfogle, with a net worth of $4.1 billion as of 2019.
Elizabeth Holmes’s net worth?
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Elizabeth Holmes, the founder of Elizabeth Holmes & Co., has a net worth of $4.5 billion as of November 2020.
David Boies hourly rate?
Boies has an hourly rate of $295, according to CourtLink.
George Shultz’s net worth?
According to the Forbes World’s Billionaires List, George Shultz, the former Federal Reserve Board of Governor’s chair, has a net worth of $4.2 billion as of September 2020.
Thank you for reading! We hope you now have a better understanding of David Boies’s net worth. If you’re interested in learning more about successful trial lawyers, check out our other blog post.