Christopher Plummer is a Canadian actor who has appeared in many films, television, and stage productions. He has a role as Captain Georg von Trapp in The Sound of Music (1965), which earned him an Academy Award nomination. Plummer has also been nominated for two Tony Awards and has won a Golden Globe Award. Given Christopher Plummer’s achievements, are you curious about Christopher Plummer? Find the answer through the article below by Fidlar.
What is Christopher Plummer Net Worth and Salary 2023?
Christopher Plummer’s net worth is estimated to be $20 million at the time of his death. He has earned his wealth through a successful career in acting. Plummer is one of the most celebrated actors of his generation and has starred in many iconic films. His salary is not publicly available but is likely to be high, given his success.
Christopher Plummer Overview
Christopher Plummer’s birth name is Arthur Christopher Orme Plummer. He was born in Toronto, Ontario, on December 13, 1929. He was the only child. His parents were Isabella Mary (Abbott) and John Orme Plummer. His mother was a secretary to the Dean of Sciences at McGill University, and his father was a businessman and stockbroker.
Plummer’s parents split up soon after he was born, and he was raised mainly by his mother in the Abbott family home in Senneville, Quebec. He spoke English and French fluently. He started studying to be a concert pianist in school, but he fell in love with theater at a young age and started acting at the High School of Montreal. While an apprentice at the Montreal Repertory Theatre, he learned the basics of acting. Plummer never went to college, which he regretted his whole life.
Plummer started acting professionally in 1948 with Ottawa’s Stage Society. After that, he worked as an apprentice artist at the Montreal Repertory Theatre with William Shatner, who was also an apprentice actor.
Plummer made his Broadway debut in January 1953 with The Starcross Story. Then, he also appeared in his first Broadway hit. And Plummer made his acting debut at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival in 1956 when he played the title role in Henry V.
Besides theater, Plummer was also very successful in films. Plummer’s film career started in 1958 when Sidney Lumet cast him as a young writer in Stage Struck. However, his big break came with the lead role in Robert Wise’s 1965 musical drama “The Sound of Music”, which won several awards, including five Academy Awards.
During the 1960s and 1970s, he had parts in movies like The High Commissioner, Battle of Britain, Waterloo, The Man Who Would Be King, Aces High, and Murder by Decree.
In the ’80s, Christopher Plummer continued to appear in other films such as Somewhere in Time, Eyewitness, Dragnet, and Shadow Dancing. Plummer also did voice work, like when he played Henri the pigeon in An American Tail (1986) and the villainous Grand Duke of Owls in Rock-a-Doodle (1991).
By the 1990s, Plummer had become a more well-known character actor in films. He was in Malcolm X, 12 Monkeys and The Insider, which critics praised. He also played Dr. Rosen in A Beautiful Mind, gave Charles Muntz’s voice in Up, an animated movie by Pixar, and was in many romantic comedies and dramas.
In January 2010, Plummer got his first Academy Award nomination for his role as author Leo Tolstoy in The Last Station (2009). He was also in David Fincher’s English-language film version of Stieg Larsson’s book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
At 82, he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for Beginners (2010). This made him the oldest person to win an acting award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. His last role was in the 2019 movie “Knives Out”. He was set to star in a movie version of “King Lear” in 2021, but he died before filming began.
Plummer first appeared on Television in 1953. Early in his career, he was in several dramatic showcase shows and live TV dramas, such as Little Moon of Alban, for which he received his first Emmy Award nomination. In 1977, he played Herod Antipas in the television miniseries Jesus of Nazareth.
That same year, he starred in The Thorn Birds, a Television show that won five Emmys. From 1993 to 1995, he narrated the animated television show Madeline, for which he won an Emmy Award, and the animated television shows The World of David the Gnome.
In the 2000s and 2010s, Plummer was on Nuremberg, The Moneychangers, and American Tragedy, all award-winning shows. He won an Emmy Award for his performance in Our Fathers and worked with Julie Andrews again in On Golden Pond. In 2019, when he was 89, Plummer played the lead role in Departure. He was supposed to be in the second season, but it had to be removed because of Covid-19.
Personal Life and Death
Plumer was married three times. His first wife was actress Tammy Grimes, who he married in 1956. Their marriage lasted four years, and they had a daughter, actress Amanda Michael. In 1962, he married journalist Patricia Lewis, and they were together until 1967 when they split up. On October 2, 1970, three years after his second divorce, Plummer married actress, Elaine Taylor. They lived in Connecticut, in Weston.
Plummer died at home in Weston, Connecticut, in February 2021, at 91. Three weeks before, he’d fallen and hurt his head. His family announced that Plummer died peacefully with his wife, Elaine, by his side.
Below are some significant awards Christopher Plummer received during his acting career.
- 2012: Academy Awards – Best Supporting Actor – Beginners.
- 1974: Tony Awards – Best Actor in a Musical – Cyrano.
- 1997: Tony Awards – Best Actor in a Play – Barrymore.
- 1977: Primetime Emmy Awards – Outstanding Actor – Limited Series or a Movie – Arthur Hailey’s the Moneychangers.
- 1994: Primetime Emmy Awards – Outstanding Voice-Over Performance – Madeline.
Why is Christopher Plummer famous?
Christopher Plummer is an accomplished Canadian actor who has had a long and successful career in film, television, and theatre. He is probably best known for his roles in “The Sound of Music”, “The Man Who Would Be King”, and “The Insider”. Plummer is also a highly respected stage actor and has won two Tony Awards for his performances in “Cyrano de Bergerac” and “Barrymore”.
1 Christopher Plummer Movies, Spouse, Young, Age, Awards, Net Worth
- Author: woodgram.com
- Published Date: 09/13/2021
- Review: 4.97 (901 vote)
- Summary: Christopher Plummers Is A Canadian Actor Who Has A Net Worth Of $20 Million Dollars. Born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Christopher Plummer, Also Known As Arthur
- Matching search results: Despite his tremendous talents as an actor, Plummer didn’t receive an Academy Award nomination until 2010. He earned a best supporting actor nod for his portrayal of Russian literary great Leo Tolstoy in The Last Station (2009). His on-screen wife, …
- Source: 🔗
2 Christopher Plummer – Celebrities
- Author: en.24smi.org
- Published Date: 11/04/2021
- Review: 4.64 (355 vote)
- Summary: Today, Christopher Plummer’s net worth is $20 million. Filmography. 2017 – All the Money in the World; 2016 – The Exception; 2011 – The Girl with the Dragon
- Matching search results: 1981 was marked with the role of Iago in Othello based on Shakespeare’s play under the same title. The artist enjoyed numerous favorable reviews. The New York Times critic Frank Rich even called Plummer’s role one of the unforgettable impressions …
- Source: 🔗
3 What Was Christopher Plummers Net Worth When He Died?
- Author: cheatsheet.com
- Published Date: 11/27/2021
- Review: 4.41 (332 vote)
- Summary: · According to Celebrity Net Worth, with such an expansive career that stretched across the decades, Plummer died with at least a $20 million net
- Matching search results: He won Tony Awards for his work in Cyrano (1973) and Barrymore (1997). Plummer finally won an Academy Award as a supporting actor for the 2010 film Beginners. When the late actor finally held his Oscar in his hand he said, “You’re only two years …
- Source: 🔗
4 What Was Christopher Plummers Net Worth?
- Author: thecinemaholic.com
- Published Date: 11/22/2021
- Review: 4.27 (582 vote)
- Summary: · With a long career as an actor on the stage as well as on the screen, Christopher Plummer’s net worth in February 2021 at the time of his
- Matching search results: As surprising as it may sound, Plummer was initially unwilling to take up his career’s breakthrough role in ‘The Sound of Music.’ The actor had expressed his disdain for the movie frequently and not subtly. However, it did make him a popular choice, …
- Source: 🔗
5 Christopher Plummer Net Worth 2023 – How Did He Get Rich? Exposed!
- Author: highincomesource.com
- Published Date: 02/16/2023
- Review: 4.16 (357 vote)
- Summary: · With income from movies and TV shows, Christopher Plummer has amassed a net worth of $20 Million as of 2023. Christopher Plummer was a
- Matching search results: Plummer remained in demand, taking on a variety of projects ranging from the 2004 action adventure film National Treasure with Nicolas Cage to the 2005 romantic comedy Must Love Dogs with Diane Lane. Plummer also appeared as a lawyer in George …
- Source: 🔗
6 Christopher Plummer Bio, Age, Career, Wife, Death
- Author: networthheightsalary.com
- Published Date: 03/27/2023
- Review: 3.96 (382 vote)
- Summary: Christopher had made a good fortune from his acting career. He has a net worth of $20 million around the time of
- Matching search results: In 2019, he played the role of Harlan Thrombey in the critically acclamied mystery/comedy movie Knives Out. The movie made a box office collection of 311.4 million USD and included actors like Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and various …
- Source: 🔗
7 Christopher Plummer Net Worth
- Author: celebritynetworth.com
- Published Date: 10/10/2021
- Review: 3.78 (443 vote)
- Summary: Christopher Plummers was a Canadian actor who had a net worth of $20 million dollars at the time of his death. His work in film, television,
- Matching search results: Plummer’s television career began in 1953. Early on, he appeared in a number of different dramatic showcase programs as well as in live television drama, like “Little Moon of Alban,” for which he received an Emmy Award nomination. In 1977, he …
- Source: 🔗
FAQs about Christopher Plummer
What was the cause of the death of Christopher Plummer?
Plummer died at his home in Connecticut on February 5, 2021, after falling and hurting his head.
Was Christopher Plummer cremated or buried?
On February 5, 2021, Christopher Plummer died and was cremated. His ashes are in the care of a relative or friend.
How many children does Christopher Plummer have?
Christopher Plummer has a daughter named Amanda Michael.
Where did Jodie Foster get her money?
Jodie Foster’s money comes from her work as an actress, director, and producer in the film industry. She has a net worth of $100 million.
How rich is Christopher Walken?
Christopher Walken is an American actor, director, singer, and writer. He has a net worth of $50 million.
How much money has Julie Andrews made from The Sound of Music?
Plummer’s most notable role was in the movie “The Sound of Music.” He would play Captain von Trapp, and co-star Julie Andrews would play Maria von Trapp. For Julie Andrews, she earned $225,000 for her performance.
As you can see, Christopher Plummer has had a very successful career and has amassed wealth. His net worth is around $20 million at the time of his death. Although he is no longer alive, the legacy he left behind is priceless. Thanks for reading. Don’t forget to visit our website at fidlarmusic.com for more information about other celebreties.