FIDLAR will help you know What is Bob Hope’S Net Worth 2022: Top Full Guide
In this blog, Fidlarmusic will be introducing the one and only Bob Hope! This American icon was known for his work in vaudeville, on the stage, radio, television and in film. He was also known for his humanitarian efforts. We hope you enjoy learning more about this incredible man!
What is Bob Hope’s Net Worth And Salary 2022?
Bob Hope was a British-born American comedian, actor, singer, dancer, and author with a net worth of $150 million at the time of his death. During his nearly 80-year career, Bob Hope featured in over 70 short and feature films.
He also hosted the Academy Awards a record 19 times, appeared on several television shows and in theatrical performances, and written 14 books.
Hope also received a lot of attention for the 57 trips he conducted for the United Service Organizations, where he entertained American military troops all around the world from 1941 to 1991.
Bob Hope Overview
Bob Hope’s Wealth
At various stages in his life, his net worth was reported to be as high as $700 million, owing primarily to expensive real estate holdings in Southern California. Forbes assessed his net worth at $200 million in the early 1980s.
When he heard the estimate, Bob answered, “If my estate is worth more than $50 million, I’ll kiss your ass. I mean it.” This prompted a Forbes writer on a quest to examine his estate in order to verify or refute their original $200 million estimate.
In the end, the reporter reduced the magazine’s estimate to $85 million. Bob did not keep his promise to kiss a posterior. His fortune was valued between $115 and $150 million at the time of his death in 2003.
Beginnings in Life and Career
Bob Hope was born in London, England in 1903 as Leslie Townes Hope, the sixth of seven sons. William, his English father, was a stonemason, and Avis, his Welsh mother, was an opera singer.
Hope’s family relocated to the United States when she was four years old, settling in Cleveland, Ohio. Hope earned money as a child by singing, dancing, and doing humor in public, and she also competed in numerous amateur talent contests.
After a brief boxing career in 1919, he worked as a butcher’s assistant, a lineman, and for the Chandler Motor Car Company. When Hope decided to pursue a career in show business, he enrolled in dance lessons alongside his girlfriend
. Hope was recognized by silent film comic Fatty Arbuckle during one of his performances in 1925, and he later secured Hope work with a travelling troupe
Hope rose to prominence on the vaudeville circuit in the 1920s as a comic and dancer. In 1934, he began performing on the radio, and in 1937, he had his first regular series on NBC Radio with the “Woodbury Soap Hour.”
Hope married his first wife, vaudeville partner Grace Louise Troxell, in 1933; they separated a year later. He then met and established a relationship with actress Dolores Reade, though whether or not the two ever married is debatable.
Hope and Reade adopted four children together: Linda, Tony, Kelly, and Eleanora. For several years, the couple lived in Manhattan, but from 1937 until Hope’s death, they lived in a 15,000 square foot estate at 10346 Moorpark Street in Toluca Lake, California.
The 5-acre estate contains ten bedrooms, seventeen bathrooms, and a one-hole golf course. This mansion was sold for $15 million by the Hope family in 2015. It was listed for $29 million again in May 2022.
They also possessed a 23,366-square-foot Palm Springs house.
Hope’s health remained quite decent throughout his old age. He was hospitalized for gastrointestinal hemorrhage in 2000, at the age of 97. The next year, he was hospitalized for two weeks due to pneumonia.
He died at home from pneumonia complications in 2003, at the age of 100. His ashes were then placed at the newly built Bob Hope Memorial Garden at the San Fernando Mission Cemetery.
1 What Was Bob Hopes Net Worth at the Time of His Death?
- Author: cheatsheet.com
- Published Date: 11/09/2021
- Review: 4.86 (723 vote)
- Summary: · At the age of 100, Hope passed away in the summer of 2003 in his Toluca Lake home. His net worth at that time was estimated at $150 million,
- Matching search results: The Hope family moved to the U.S. in 1907, when Bob Hope was just four. One of seven boys, while still a boy, Hope worked a variety of jobs to help with the family finances. His mother aspired to become a professional singer, although nothing ever …
2 Quick Answer: How Much Was Bob Hope Worth When He Died
- Author: worldanything.com
- Published Date: 07/19/2022
- Review: 4.64 (376 vote)
- Summary: Bing Crosby net worth: Bing Crosby was an American singer, comedian, as well as an actor who had a net worth equal to $50
- Matching search results: Don Rickles net worth: Don Rickles was an American stand-up comedian and actor who had a net worth of $30 million.Don Rickles Net Worth. Net Worth: $30 Million Date of Birth: May 8, 1926 – Apr 6, 2017 (90 years old) Gender: Male Height: 5 ft 6 in …
3 What was Bob Hope’s Net Worth?
- Author: themoney.co
- Published Date: 02/10/2022
- Review: 4.46 (414 vote)
- Summary: Date of Birth: Dec 12, 1915 – May 14, 1998 (82 years old) ; Gender: Male ; Height: 5 ft 7 in (1.715 m) ; Profession: Singer, Actor, Film Producer, Conductor, Film
- Matching search results: What was John Wayne’s net worth? SANTA ANA, Calif., June 20 (AP) —John Wayne left an estate worth $ 6.85 million, but none of it will be going to his third wife, Pilar, from whom the actor separated in 1973, according to a will filed yesterday. John …
4 Compelling Truths About Bob Hopes Life – Net Worth, Children and Death
- Author: answersafrica.com
- Published Date: 06/20/2022
- Review: 4.38 (472 vote)
- Summary: His Net Worth … As a successful entertainer and media guru with a long career, Hope saw wealth and commanded it. By the time he passed away in July of 2003, his
- Matching search results: Bob Hope later established himself as a solo act, he began to appear on stages in vaudeville shows and Broadway productions, establishing himself as the king of the one-liner. Bob held sway on Radio till the 1950s when television started becoming …
5 Bob Hope Net Worth at Death – Salary, Income, Earnings
- Author: highincomesource.com
- Published Date: 06/02/2022
- Review: 4.17 (562 vote)
- Summary: · Bob Hope had an estimated net worth of $150 million at death. Bob Hope was an entertainer and comic actor, known for his rapid-fire delivery
- Matching search results: Despite the fact that he and his wife Dolores had four children of their own, they spent many Christmases with the troops. Vietnam was one of his favorite vacation destinations, and he visited the country nine times during the Vietnam War. Until the …
6 Bob Hope Net Worth, Height, Age, and More
- Author: popularinside.com
- Published Date: 10/12/2021
- Review: 3.94 (485 vote)
- Summary: · Bob Hope’s net worth is $1M – $5M. Source of Income. Actor. Net Worth (2022). $1M – $5M
- Matching search results: Do you want to know how much money Bob Hope has, how tall or short he is, how much his weight is, how much is his net worth, or how old he is? He is the most popular Actor. Maybe you’re curious about what kind of career he has or what his personal …
7 When Bob Hope Died Some Thought He Was A Billionaire – How Much Was He Actually Worth?
- Author: celebritynetworth.com
- Published Date: 12/21/2021
- Review: 3.71 (342 vote)
- Summary: · Publications estimated his personal net worth to be somewhere between $400 million and $1 billion. Truth be told, they weren’t quite right
- Matching search results: Bob Hope was born Leslie Townes Hope in Eltham, London, England on May 29, 1903. The fifth of seven children, Bob Hope and his family members moved to the United States in 1908. They passed through Ellis Island and then moved on to Cleveland, Ohio, …
How much was Bob Hope worth at death?
Bob Hope was a British-born American comedian, actor, singer, dancer, and author who had a net worth of $150 million at the time of his death. Bob Hope appeared in over 70 short and feature films across his nearly 80-year career.
How did Bob Hope pass away?
Legendary entertainer Bob Hope has died at the age of 100, a family spokesperson said today (July 28). Hope died of pneumonia last night in Los Angeles at 9:28 p.m. with his family at his side, spokesman Ward Grant said
Who did Bob Hope leave his money to?
Comedian Bob Hope, who died July 27, 2003, at age 100, left most of his estate to his second wife, Dolores
In short, Bob Hope was a very famous and successful entertainer. He achieved all of his success through hard work and dedication to his career. We believe that anyone can achieve their dreams if they put their mind to it and work hard enough. Thank you for reading this blog about Bob Hope. We hope you enjoyed it