As the grandson of Conrad Hilton, the founder of the Hilton Hotels chain, Barron Hilton has inherited a large fortune. He is also the chairman and president of the Hilton Foundation, a charitable organization.
In this post, Fidlar will explore Barron Hilton net worth and what he is doing with his money.
What is Barron Hilton’s Net Worth and Salary 2023?
Barron Hilton is an American businessman and heir to the Hilton Hotels fortune. He has an estimated net worth of $4.5 billion. He is the grandson of Conrad Hilton, the founder of the Hilton Hotels chain.
He is also the chairman of the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, one of the world’s largest charitable foundations. Barron Hilton has made significant contributions to the hospitality industry and has been awarded numerous honorary degrees and awards.
Barron Hilton Overview
Barron Hilton was born in Dallas, Texas, on October 23, 1927, to parents Conrad Nicholson Hilton, Sr., and Mary Adelaide Barron. He was the middle child of three, with an older sister, Conrad Hilton, Jr. and a younger brother, Eric Hilton. His father was a successful hotelier, and his mother was a socialite.
Hilton was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools. He graduated from the Culver Military Academy in 1945 and then enrolled at the University of Southern California. He dropped out after one semester to join the Army Air Corps but was discharged after just six months due to an ulcer.
He genuinely declined his father’s invitation to join the family business after the war. Instead, after being released from the military, he enrolled in the University of Southern California Aeronautical School, where he obtained his twin-engine rating at the age of 19.
Hilton then collaborated with various businesses, including one that sold fruit juice. He co-founded the MacDonald Oil Company, one of the earliest airplane leasing companies in the country, and he bought the Vita-Pakt Citrus Products distributorship for the Los Angeles region.
American Football League
Hilton received a bid from Lamar Hunt in 1959 for the Los Angeles American Football League team. He agreed, naming his group the Chargers.
In 1960, the Chargers started playing at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, but the NFL team found it challenging to compete with Rams supporters. In 1961, the team relocated to the modest Balboa Stadium in San Diego. Hilton had a significant role in the development of Jack Murphy Stadium, now known as Qualcomm Stadium.
In 1966, he contributed to the major merger between the NFL and the AFL that gave rise to the Super Bowl. When he accepted a bigger position with Hilton in 1966, he sold his stake in the Chargers.
He received $10 million for his interest. He was the last surviving member of the Foolish Club, a moniker coined by the AFL owners to distinguish their league from the long-established NFL.
Career with Hilton
In 1954, Baron was chosen to lead the franchise division of Hilton Hotels as vice president. Hilton likewise developed the Carte Blanche credit card to benefit its most devoted clients.
His position within the organization rose over time until he was appointed President and CEO of Hilton Hotels Corporation. Hilton continued to grow and update the hotel network in this position, displaying much of his father’s commercial acumen.
Barron decided to invest in Nevada casinos in the 1970s, purchasing the Las Vegas Hilton and the Flamingo hotel, which are now the primary sources of the family’s fortune.
The business’s net income was immediately impacted by its entry into Nevada. The two resorts produced 45 percent of the business’s earnings by 1972 (before interest income, interest expense, write-downs of investments, and property sales), almost equal to the earnings of the 160 other Hilton hotels in the country.
Hilton also made money from what he thought would be Las Vegas’ future as the global entertainment center. Elvis Presley rose to popularity at the storied Las Vegas Hilton Hotel, where he continued to perform until a few months before his untimely death in 1977.
As hotel competition in the US grew over the following decades, Hilton’s choice to expand into Las Vegas proved quite profitable.
Hilton also introduced the Conrad International and Hilton Garden Inn brands in the 1980s and 1990s. He earned a reputation as a prudent money manager by consistently keeping a low debt-to-capital ratio and a very high credit score. These conditions made it simple for him to keep acquiring other homes.
Hilton Family Fortune
Conrad Hilton passed away in 1979, leaving 97% of his assets to his charity, with the option for Barron to buy his shares to maintain the Hilton family’s ownership of the business.
Despite the charity’s opposition, a court ultimately decided in Barron’s favor. Barron received 4 million shares of the family business as part of the settlement.
For $20 billion, private equity giant Blackstone purchased Hilton in 2000.
At the age of 20, Hilton wed Marilyn June Hawley in 1947. The union lasted until Marilyn’s passing in 2004. Together, they had eight kids during their marriage. In addition, he had some great-grandchildren and fifteen grandkids, including Paris and Nicky Hilton.
Throughout his entire life, he had a strong interest in aviation. He had a modest fleet of aircraft and flew them until he was 84. From 1980 through 2009, he also served as the host of the Barron Hilton Cup, an international glider competition.
In 2009, he was awarded the highly coveted FAI Gold Air Medal by the International Aeronautical Federation. The Barron Hilton Pioneers of Flight Gallery exhibit was named in Hilton’s honor by the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum in 2010.
In 2012, he was also admitted into the San Diego Air & Space Museum’s International Air & Space Hall of Fame.
1 Hilton Family Net Worth (And How They Made Their Money!)
- Author: thefinancefriday.com
- Published Date: 12/29/2021
- Review: 4.96 (931 vote)
- Summary: · All in all, the Hilton family net worth currently sits at $1 billion as of the time of writing. This makes the family one of the richest in the
- Matching search results: Fortunately, public opinion is beginning to turn against those members of the family who seem to be “famous for being famous”, with Paris Hilton in particular consistently ranking as one of the most overrated and overexposed celebrities in the …
- Source: 🔗
2 Barron Hilton Bio, Affair, Widow, Net Worth, Salary, Age, Investor
- Author: marriedbiography.com
- Published Date: 02/16/2023
- Review: 4.78 (391 vote)
- Summary: Barron Hilton: Net Worth ($1 B), Income, Salary. As of 2023, he has expected total assets of around $1 billion earned from his proficient vocation. Barron
- Matching search results: In 1954, he joined ‘Hilton’ as the VP and was esteemed in charge of running the organization’s establishment tasks. Conrad additionally established the framework of ‘Unlimited power’ charge card benefits and made Barron the executive of the whole …
- Source: 🔗
3 Barron Hilton – MarriedCeleb
- Author: marriedceleb.com
- Published Date: 12/31/2021
- Review: 4.59 (528 vote)
- Summary: $3.4 billion fortune. He left almost ninety-seven percent of his estate to his father foundation Conard
- Matching search results: An American business magnate, Barron Hilton is one of the respected public figures in the United States. He was the second son of the great, Conrad Nicholson Hilton. Apart from the world of business, he was the philanthropist and sportsman who was …
- Source: 🔗
4 Barron Hilton Fulfilled His Promise To Not Leave Any Money To Paris Hilton
- Author: thewealthadvisor.com
- Published Date: 10/05/2021
- Review: 4.34 (205 vote)
- Summary: · Instead of leaving his $4.5 billion fortune to his family, he was leaving the bulk of his estate to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. He left 97%
- Matching search results: Paris isn’t hurting for money with her personal net worth of $300 million. Nicky isn’t doing too badly either, with $40 million. It turns out being a reality TV star and celebutante pays well, something their grandfather might not have anticipated. …
- Source: 🔗
5 Paris Hilton’s Net Worth Is About to Be Even Higher Than Her Parents’ (and Not Because She’s an Heiress)
- Author: cosmopolitan.com
- Published Date: 10/22/2021
- Review: 4.19 (349 vote)
- Summary: · And this dude was, like, RICH rich. Conrad had a net worth of $1 billion when he passed away, and left most of the money to his foundation
- Matching search results: But plot twist: In 2007, Barron casually revealed that he’d be leaving the majority of his massive multi-billion fortune to his foundation, low-key cutting heirs including Paris and her sister Nicky Hilton (not to mention their parents) out of the …
- Source: 🔗
6 Barron Hilton Net Worth 2023: Wiki, Married, Family, Wedding
- Author: networthpost.org
- Published Date: 04/25/2023
- Review: 3.81 (287 vote)
- Summary: Barron Hilton Net Worth $4.5 Billion ; Date Of Birth, October 23, 1927 ; Place Of Birth, Dallas, Texas, United States ; Profession, Businessperson, Socialite,
- Matching search results: When it comes to his personal life, Barron Hilton was married to Marilyn June Hawley from 1947 to 2004, when she passed away. With her, Barron has eight children and 15 grandchildren; of whom two are Paris Hilton and Nicky Hilton Rothschild, famous …
- Source: 🔗
7 Barron Hilton II Celebrity Sibling
- Author: biographymask.com
- Published Date: 07/25/2023
- Review: 3.75 (261 vote)
- Summary: Barron Hilton II has earned a decent of money throughout his career as an actor and director. According to web sources, his estimated net
- Matching search results: Moreover, in 2004, Hilton debuted her very own lifestyle company and created a 10-piece line collection that was made available for purchase on Amazon.com. She published her autobiography, “Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the …
- Source: 🔗
8 Hotelier and philanthropist Barron Hilton dead at 91
- Author: jacksonville.com
- Published Date: 06/12/2023
- Review: 3.52 (248 vote)
- Summary: He amassed a net worth of $1.25 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Hilton oversaw the development of the Carte Blanche credit card,
- Matching search results: When Conrad Hilton died in 1979, he gave much of his fortune to his private foundation, which benefited Catholic nuns and other charities. Barron Hilton challenged his father’s will and after several years of legal wrangling reached a settlement …
- Source: 🔗
9 Barron Hilton II: age, baby, girlfriend, sister, career, house, profiles, net worth
- Author: briefly.co.za
- Published Date: 03/16/2023
- Review: 3.33 (423 vote)
- Summary: · Thanks to his activities in front and behind the cameras, the Hollywood actor commands a net worth of around $5 million. Besides, he is a Senior
- Matching search results: Barron keeps a relatively low profile compared to his other siblings, but that does not mean he has not had his fair share of controversy. In 2008, at the age of 18, the model physically assaulted an attendant at a gas station after driving in the …
- Source: 🔗
10 Barron Hilton Net Worth: How Rich is the Businessman Actually?
- Author: exactnetworth.com
- Published Date: 11/04/2021
- Review: 3.12 (496 vote)
- Summary: · Barron was also the founder of the American Football League, which was later merged with the National Football League, and became the Super Bowl
- Matching search results: Barron Hilton had earned a net worth of around $4.5 billion before he passed away on September 19, 2019. Before his demise in 2007, Hilton announced that he would be leaving 97% of his estate to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, the charity …
- Source: 🔗
FAQs about Barron Hilton
Why is the Hilton Family Rich?
The tale of how they came to be so wealthy is as fascinating as the people themselves. As chairman of the board, president, and CEO of the business, Hilton Hotels was sold to the Blackstone Group in 2007 for US$26 billion by Paris and Nicky Hilton’s extremely wealthy grandpa, Barron Hilton.
Who Owns Barron Hilton Estate Now?
Ex-Google CEO purchases the 1970s house next door after purchasing Barron Hilton’s $61.5 million estate. In May of last year, the late hotelier Barron Hilton sold his historic Los Angeles estate for $61.5 million to former Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
Barron Hilton is a successful businessman and philanthropist who has made significant contributions to the hospitality industry. If you’re interested in learning more about his work or donating to his foundation, please visit the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation website. Thank you for reading!