A travel guitar should not only be a scaled-down version of a regular guitar. That is why Traveler Guitar provides you with the purpose-built Ultra-Light Acoustic.
You will adore its full-scale neck and good playability, along with the complete, comprehensive sound you receive from its own Traveler Piezo Pickup is astounding.
Nevertheless, this 3-pound, 28-inch-long acoustic-electric guitar is small and lightweight enough to carry everywhere it fits in airline overhead bins! If you’re searching for straightforward portability, you can not fail with all the Ultra-Light Acoustic. Keep reading Fidlar’s post to see our Traveler Guitar Reviews.
Table of Contents
Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light Review
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Ultra-Light Acoustic
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Satin
- Top Wood: Eastern American Hard Maple
- Back & Sides Wood: Eastern American Hard Maple
- Neck Wood: Eastern American Hard Maple
- Radius: 15.75″
- Fingerboard Material: Black Walnut
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Closed-gear, 14:1 gear ratio
- Nut/Saddle Material: Phenolic Resin Saddle
- Nut Width: 1.75″
- Electronics: Passive Piezo bridge pickup
- Strings: D’Addario EJ15
- Case Included: Gig Bag
- Body Width: 5.25″
- Body Depth: 2″
- Overall Length: 28″
- There are numerous benefits to this type of guitar. These benefits are listed below.
- It comes in varied colors, making it easy for you to select your favorite color.
- It is a high-quality yet affordable guitar that everyone who likes using a guitar can buy.
- Another great thing about this kind of instrument is the materials that are used to make it. It is made of quality materials.
- Something else is that there are different options to make purchases, and you can make various shipping arrangements. Numerous suppliers are available in the market, and all you need is to do your homework to get the most reliable supplier.
- You can also have the instrument and all its accessories shipped to your country without paying an extra shipping fee.
- The manufacturers have a return policy. Once you buy the instrument and are not happy about some of its features or something that you did not order, the return policy will help you get a refund for your instrument if you follow the right procedure.
- It is the best-rated type of guitar that is available online.
- If you are buying the instrument for the first time, it is good to make sure you get something you will enjoy. The traveler guitar Ultralight Acoustic and electric come with a gig bag, which is best for beginners.
- Another great thing about this guitar is that you can buy the components depending on how much money you have. You may choose what is a must-have and keep adding the remaining components at your own pace.
- You have the option of adding components since the more you spend, the more components you get. Many people who have used the product are happy with it. That is why most people give it a five-star rating.
- Some people experience sound issues when using this instrument. Tuning it can give you a few challenges, especially if you are a new player. It is also not the best when using a group practice or a noisy environment due to sound effects.
Body And Neck
The intriguing little guitar’s body is constructed from Eastern American tough maple and comes finished in classic black brown or natural, which shows the grain well.
Above all is its dimensions, which is a little guitar just 28″ long, which is ideal for cramming to a plane overhead bin, even while keeping a full-size 24.75″ scale length. It is light, too, weighing just over 2lbs (approximately 3lbs from the instance ).
The neck emerges in the one-piece maple body and can be fixed with an ebonized rosewood fretboard and 22 medium frets, all very simple to access.
The body also includes a removable lap framework, making it a lot simpler to rest in your lap while sitting. Add a hand-friendly smooth satin finish, and also, the Ultra-Light is a comfy and incredibly playable travel guitar, which feels sensibly designed and well-built.
There is no headstock; therefore, just how do you tune it? The tuners are from your own human body! That is correct; the entire body doubles up as the headstock, fitted using a pair of chrome closed equipment tuning machines using an exact 14:1 gear ratio.
The remainder of the guitar proves both perfect hardware, a phenolic resin nut, a typical 1/4 output jack (cleverly doubling up as a ring pin), and decent quality D’Addario EJ15 strings.
We have to mention that the under-saddle piezo pickup provides this small guitar its own amplified sound, even though there are no quantity or EQ controllers, which means that your amp will ascertain the flexibility of this noise.
At length, the Ultra-Light includes its very own soft gig bag, which is vital for hauling it about.
Unplugged, the Ultra-Light is essentially a quiet guitar. It is about as resonant as an unplugged electric guitar. So while campfire performances are probably from the question, it is beneficial for silent practice on the move.
To get the maximum use of this guitar, you will want to plug it into an amp, in which you will discover the piezo pickup provides a crisp and articulate tone. The absence of volume control is somewhat inconvenient but not a deal-breaker.
Plays Like A Full-Sized Instrument
Can a traveling guitar feel and perform just like a full-sized tool? Yes, it can, and also, the Ultra-Light Acoustic is proof! This compact guitar features a 24-3/4″-scale neck, topped with a black walnut fingerboard.
Its removable lap rest sets it at the type of comfortable playing place you would expect from a full-sized guitar. What is more, it is simple to detach the lap remainder, to get a super-compact set up that stows easily in its contained gig bag.
Proprietary In-Body Tuning System
Even though the Ultra-Light Acoustic utilizes conventional tuning machines, its own proprietary In-Body Tuning System relocates them to the guitar’s body.
This removes the requirement for a headstock while providing you with a full-scale playing experience on a 31% briefer tool and 43% lighter than a full-sized acousticguitar.
The Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light is a well-designed guitar that was thought out, and no space is wasted, leading to a light, powerful, and portable tool.
As you will want an amp in your destination if you would like to play it, it is fantastic for silent practice on the head and supplies an unmistakable and quite acceptable sound.
With great tuners, a nice pickup, solid craftsmanship, and an added instance, for under $300, this guitar provides excellent value for the money. Fidlar hopes that our traveler guitar review can help you know more about this guitar.
Last update on 2021-05-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API