Joshua Malina is an American actor, director, and producer. He is best known for his roles on the television shows The West Wing, Sports Night, and Scandal. As of 2023, Joshua Malina net worth is still a secret number. Read more below to find the exact income!
What is Joshua Malina’s Net Worth and Salary 2023?
Joshua Malina’s net worth is $16 million. His salary for The West Wing was $100,000 per episode. It is estimated that he made $1.5 million from the show over its seven-season run.
Joshua Malina Overview
Joshua Malina is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Will Bailey on the NBC drama The West Wing and Jeremy Goodwin on the Aaron Sorkin sports drama Sports Night.
Malina was born in New York City, the son of Fran and Robert Malina. His father was an attorney, and his mother was a producer. Malina has two sisters, Rebecca and Lauren. He graduated from Yale University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1989.
- Malina began his career as a stage actor. He made his Broadway debut in A Few Good Men in 1989. He also appeared in the off-Broadway play The Wager in 1992.
- In 1998, Malina starred in the television film A Deadly Sight. He also had a recurring role on the ABC comedy-drama Sports Night as Jeremy Goodwin.
- Malina’s film credits include The Hurricane (1999), Bulworth (1998), You’ve Got Mail (1998), and Little Manhattan (2005).
- In 2006, Malina guest-starred in an NBC medical drama House episode. He also had a recurring role on the HBO comedy series Big Love as Hiram Green.
- From 2006 to 2010, Malina starred as Will Bailey on the NBC political drama The West Wing. He also directed two episodes of the show.
- In 2011, Malina guest-starred in an episode of the CBS procedural drama The Good Wife. He also directed an episode of the show.
- In 2012, Malina starred in the short-lived NBC comedy series The New Normal.
- From 2013 to 2014, Malina starred in the Yahoo! Screen original series Burning Love.
- In 2015, Malina guest-starred in an episode of the ABC drama Scandal.
- In 2016, Malina starred in the independent film In Search of Fellini.
Malina has also appeared in the films A Beautiful Mind (2001), Munich (2005), and Lincoln (2012).
Early Life And Career
Joshua Malina was born on January 17, 1966, in New York City, New York, USA.
He is an actor and producer known for his role as Will Bailey on the television series The West Wing (1999-2006), as Jeremy Goodwin on Sports Night (1998-2000) and as David Rosen on Scandal (2012-2018).
He has been married to Melissa Merwin since September 10, 2000. They have two children.
Malina started his career as a stage actor, appearing in various productions in New York City. In 1991, he made his film debut with a small role in A Few Good Men. He also had guest roles on television shows such as Law & Order and NYPD Blue.
In 1998, he was cast as Jeremy Goodwin on the Aaron Sorkin-created television series Sports Night. The show ran for two seasons on ABC and earned Malina a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
After Sports Night ended, Malina transitioned to another Sorkin-created series, The West Wing. He played the role of Will Bailey, a young speechwriter for President Josiah Bartlet (played by Martin Sheen).
The show ran for seven seasons on NBC and earned Malina an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
More recently, Malina has had recurring roles on the television series The Good Wife and Smash. He also appeared in the films The Social Network and Little Fockers.
In 2012, he began appearing on the ABC drama series Scandal as David Rosen, the United States Attorney General. He has appeared in all seven seasons of the show.
Joshua was nominated for five Screen Actors Guild Awards and won a TV Guide Award in 2013. In 1996, Joshua married Melissa Merwin. They have two kids.
Joshua Malina has appeared in several Broadway productions, including A Few Good Men and The West Wing.
Malina began his acting career in the early 1990s with appearances on television shows such as Law & Order and NYPD Blue. He made his Broadway debut in 1995 with a small role in A Few Good Men. He appeared in several more Broadway productions, including The West Wing and The Front Page.
In addition to his work on Broadway, Malina has also appeared in some films and television shows. He has had recurring roles on Scandal and The Good Wife and has also appeared in films such as Little Manhattan and 27 Dresses.
Why Is Joshua Malina Famous?
Joshua Malina is best known for his roles on the television shows The West Wing and Scandal. He has also appeared in many movies, including A Few Good Men and The American President. Malina is a native of New York City and graduated from Harvard University.
FAQs about Joshua Malina
Thanks for reading! If you want to learn more about Joshua Malina, check out the rest of our blog. And don’t forget to follow us on Fidlarmusic for the latest updates!