- Max Kuehn
This article teaches you how to play music on Apple watch, so you can listen offline without your iPhone. Besides, we also deeper dive into how to listen to Spotify music without Premium on your smartwatch. Here’s how to set it up.
How To Play Music From Apple Watch On Your iPhone
You can use the Music app on Apple Watch to quickly get the party started and see what you have stored on your iPhone. This iWatch has enough internal storage to store music tracks.
This Apple Watch app allows you to control music using your iPhone.
Step 1: To select the Home screen, press the Digital Crown.
Step 2: Tap the Music App.
Step 3: Scroll up to the top and tap on your iPhone to stream music from your iPhone.
Step 4: Choose music by tapping a category
- Tap Now Playing for a list of current iPhone music.
- Tap Playlists for a playlist that you have set up to play songs.
- Tap Artists to listen to specific songs.
- Tap Albums to browse songs by album.
- Tap Songs to find your favorite songs.
- Tap Made For You to access songs based upon your listening history.
- Tap Radio to listen to radio stations
Step 5: To start playing music on your iPhone, tap the selection.
How To Play Music Directly On Apple Watch
Step 1: Open the Music app
Step 2: Now, you can scroll through the music on your iWatch and select a song. Scrolling up will give you the option to shuffle all of your iWatch songs.
Step 3: After you have selected the music you want to play, the iWatch will ask for you to pair a pair of Bluetooth headphones to allow you to hear the audio. Select your headphones by clicking on “Connect a Device“.
Step 4: Now you can play your music. To control the volume, you can use the crown, which is located on the dial of your watch, to pause, skip ahead, or go back with the buttons on the screen.
How To Use The Apple Watch’s Playback Controls
You can control playback on your iPhone while it is playing. You can control the volume, skip, shuffle, or repeat a song right from your Watch.
Step 1: Play music on your iPhone.
Step 2: To select the Home screen, press the Digital Crown.
Step 3: Tap the Music App.
Step 4: Click Now Playing
Step 5: These are the ways to control music:
Tap Pause to pause the music or Play to play it.
- Tap the back arrows in order to begin a new song from the beginning.
- To play the previous song, double-tap the back arrows.
- To skip to the next song, tap the forward arrows.
- Scroll the Digital Crown to adjust the volume.
- To choose where you want to listen to your music, tap the audio icon in the lower left. You can, for example, go to Apple TVs and other AirPlay devices.
- Tap the Next Up icon
Step 6: To play the next song, tap on it.
Step 7: To play the same songs, tap on the Repeat and Shuffle buttons.
Step 8: Tap the… icon
- Tap Add to Library to add the song to your iCloud Music Library when the song is applicable.
- Tap the Heart icon to love the song.
- Tap Suggest Songs that are similar to each other are less frequently played.
Request music from the Apple Music app: Raising your wrist will allow you to request music by Apple Music.
How Do I Put Music On Your Apple Watch Without An iPhone?
iWatch can be used to add music to your Apple Music subscription. This is how you do it.
- Tap the Music app
- Tap Library, Listen Now, or Search to locate the album or playlist that you are looking for.
- Tap the album.
- Tap the three dots.
- Tap Add to Library.
You can now stream the music via your watch. Follow the steps above to download it for offline listening. You can also listen to radio by opening the Radio app .
Listen To Spotify Without Premium Subscription On Apple Watch
Spotify for iWatch allows you to control Spotify from your wrist. You can’t control Spotify playback on your watch if you have a free Spotify account.
Make sure that you have the most recent version of Spotify installed on your phone. Follow the steps below for playback on your iWatch.
You will need to have:
- Pair your iPhone and your Watch
- Download the Spotify app and log in to it on your iPhone or yourWatch
iPhone running iOS 12 and above, Apple Watch on watchOS4.0 or higher
- Turn on your iPhone and open Spotify.
- Browse the music in your library to find one you like and click on it to start playing music.
Once your iWatch is launched, you can control Spotify music using the Apple Watch.
Spotify Connect allows you to choose the device on which you want Spotify. You can stream the music from Apple Watch on any device.
Note: You must subscribe to any Spotify Premium Plan to stream music directly from your iWatch. Is it possible to stream Spotify offline on iWatch? Of course, you will need to download Spotify music such as Tunelf to get the answer.
How To Save Music To The Apple Watch For Offline Listening?
- Open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone Home Screen.
- Select Music from the My Watch tab.
- To store the most recently listened to on iWatch, toggle on Recent Music
- Tap Add Music on the Same Page
- To add music to your Apple Watch, select a category.
- To add music to your wearable device, tap the +.
When you charge your iWatch, you have selected will be downloaded to it. The content you have available on your watch will determine how much.
Can Apple Watch Play Music Offline?
You can, provided you have enough storage on your iWatch. Here’s how.
- Tap the Music app on your iWatch
- Tap Library
- To find the right music you are looking for, tap Playlists, artists, or albums.
- Tap the album or song you like.
- Tap the three dots.
- Click on Download.
You can now download playlists to your iWatch to listen to music offline.
Can headphones be used to listen to music on an iWatch?
As long as the Bluetooth headphones are Bluetooth, yes. First, put your Bluetooth device in discovery mode. Next, tap Settings and tap Bluetooth. Finally, tap the Bluetooth device to activate it.
Can I Download Spotify Songs To My Apple Watch?
Spotify songs can be downloaded to your iWatch to allow offline and online listening. Spotify Premium accounts are required to listen to music offline. Here are the steps to download songs.
- Tap Spotify on your Apple Watch
- To access Your Library, swipe to the left.
- Tap Your Library.
- Click on the album or playlist you wish to download music.
- Tap the three dots.
- Tap to Download Apple Watch
- Now, the song or album can be downloaded.
How To Play Spotify On Apple Watch Without Phone?
- Turn on your Apple Watch and then launch Spotify.
- Tap Your Library to browse Spotify playlists.
- Click the Device icon to select Apple Watch from the drop-down menu.
- Listen to Spotify from your wrist.
What music apps are available for Apple Watch?
The Best Apple Watch Music App 2023
- Apple Music App
- Pandora Radio.
- TuneIn Radio Pro.
- djay 2 iPhone.
Fidlar hopes you found the article useful. If you have any other questions about the music app of any Apple watch series, let us know in the comments section below!