- Max Kuehn
It may be difficult to find how to delete music from iPhone if you are new to it or have never deleted music from your iPhone before. And this article will detail everything about this topic.
How To Delete Music On Your iPhone Using The Music App
1. Open the Music App.
2. Tap the “Library tab” in the lower right corner of the app. All your music should be displayed. You can sort them by artist, song, playlist, or album.
3. Locate the song or album you wish to delete.
- To delete an album tap it and then tap the three dots on the right.
- Play the song and tap the player to delete it. Tap the three dots at the bottom right.
4. Tap “Delete from Library” in the options window. Tap “Delete Album” or the “Delete Song” button to confirm that you are able to do this.
Deleting songs more easily if you have an iPhone 5S and later. You will see an options window when you press down on the track or album. Tap “Delete from Library” in the options window.
How To Delete All Music From iPhone Using Settings
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap “General” and then tap “iPhone Storage.”
3. Although it may take some time, you will see a graph that shows how much storage your phone has. If you have lots of music on your phone, tap the Music app. Apps are listed in order from largest to most small.
4. There are many options depending on how big you want to prune.
Tap “Delete Music App” to delete all your music and tap the button again.
- Delete all your music: you can leave the Music app open on your phone and tap “Edit“, then “All Songs”.
- Delete all artists (and any songs) for an artist: swipe the artist to the left and click “Delete.” You won’t be able to confirm that the artist has been deleted.
- Tap the artist to view all albums associated with the artist. Next, swipe the album to your left and click Delete
- Delete one song: tap the artist followed closely by the album. Next, swipe the song to your left and click “Delete.”
Deleting Music On iPhone Using Itunes
A functional feature in the iTunes library allows you to delete songs from your iPhone but not from your music library. These are the steps to remove music from iPhone.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone with your computer via USB cable.
Step 2: Tap the “Devices” icon in the iTunes interface > Move on to the “Music tab.
Step 3: Untick the box for the desired songs or albums you wish to delete > Click the “Apply” button.
How To Delete Music From iPhone Using Anytrans
AnyTrans is an excellent software that allows you to manage iPhones and other iOS devices. This method will allow you to delete specific songs or multiple songs from your iPhone.
It will ensure that all of your songs are not deleted from the iTunes library. You can also delete messages, contacts, documents, and other data from your iPhone.
You have the option to permanently delete all or some of your iPhone’s songs.
One-click to transfer music from iPhones to iTunes or other devices.
You can easily create your own ringtones or text tones from your favorite songs.
AnyTrans can manage more than just music. Photos, contacts, apps, messages, and messages are all possible.
We have provided a detailed step-by-step guide to how to delete iPhone music, but not iTunes using AnyTrans.
Step 1: AnyTrans can be downloaded and launched on your Mac/PC > Connect your iPhone with the computer > Choose Device Manager > Choose Music
Step 2: Select the downloaded music that you wish to delete from your iPhone. Click on the Delete icon.
How Do I Remove The Free U2 Album?
iOS 8 users received a free gift from the U2 band: their latest album. You might consider removing this album if you don’t like this band. These are the steps to follow:
- Go to itunes.com/soi-remove from your PC or from Safari browser on your iPhone
- Click Removing Album
That’s all! Within a few seconds, the U2 album will be deleted from your iCloud music library. If you have the U2 album downloaded onto your iPhone, follow the steps above to manually delete it.
How To Remove A Phantom Song From An iPhone?
iOS 7 users were faced with a problem when they discovered “phantom” songs in their music library.
If you cannot find a song on your iPhone, or you are unable to delete it with swipe, the following steps can be taken:
- In Settings -> iTunes & App Store, turn on Show All Music.
- You can find a phantom track by going to Music app.
- To download the song, tap the cloud sign.
- In Settings -> iTunes & App Store, turn off Show All Music.
- You can delete it by using swipe
Why Can’t My iPhone Delete Songs?
You can manually manage your music by clicking the Summary tab. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the option to Manually manage audio and video. You should be able to delete songs and other items from the “On This iPhone” tab.
Is It Possible To Offload Apple Music Automatically?
Yes, you can turn off unnecessary apps from device storage space. Your iPhone will then automatically delete any information that you don’t use frequently.
That’s all! Now you know every possible way to remove songs ultimately from the iPhone. Fidlar hopes you found this article useful and please feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions.