- Max Kuehn
You can use music to spice up your Google Sheets presentations and keep your audience interested. In this article, we’ll show you how to add music to Google Slides in various ways and show you some perfect soundtracks for your presentation.
How To Add Audio To Google Slides
You have many options to add music to your Google Slides presentation. It has become much easier to add music to Google Slides as Google continues to improve the service. You can see all possible options here and then choose the one that works best for you.
Google Slides has recently added the ability to insert audio file. This is the easiest way to add audio tracks to your Google Slides presentation. These steps will help you do this:
- Google Slides accepts only.mp4 or.wav audio files. Upload any file that you already own to Google Slides.
- Open Google Slides.
- Open the presentation you wish to add audio to. Click on “+ Blank Image” to create a new presentation.
- From the top menu, click on “Insert”.
- From the dropdown menu, click on “Audio”.
- A window will appear listing all audio files on your Google Drive. Scroll down to locate the audio file you want to use. You can also type the file name in the search bar and click the magnifying glass icon. Click on the file you have found.
- Click the “Select” button in the lower-left corner.
- Now, embed your audio in your presentation. To place the audio icon wherever you like, click and drag it.
To get the link to your Google Slide presentation, click the Share button. You can replace /edit with /present to get a direct link into the presentation mode.
Audio Playback Options
You have several options when adding music to the “Insert Audio”, which allows you to control how the music will be played back. These options are available on the right-sidebar menu by clicking on the inserted sound icon on the slide. These options include:
Start Playing Automatically
Music will start only when you click on the mouse in the presentation that is open. This is a great idea if the music doesn’t need to start immediately.
It will take a while to get the points across before the audio begins playing.
Music will automatically play as soon as you open your presentation.
This allows you to control the volume of your music.
Hide Icon While Presenting
This option allows users to hide the audio icon when the presentation is in progress. This is useful if you have set the audio to play automatically when the slide begins.
This allows for continuous playback of the inserted sound while the presentation plays.
Stop on Slide Change
This will instantly stop the music when you switch to another slide.
Icon Format Editing Tools
You can also change the shape, size, and transparency of your audio icon. Editing is primarily visual and only affects the icon, not the audio.
Add A Link To An Online Music File
It is easy to add music to Google Slides by linking to an online music service such as Spotify, Soundcloud, or Grooveshark.
1. Open a Google Slides presentation from your web browser. Click the slide you wish to add music to.
2. Click Insert > Text box in the menu or the button at the toolbar. To automatically create a textbox, click anywhere on the slide.
3. Follow the instructions of your online music service to copy the song you wish to use in your presentation.
4. Go back to your slide, and copy the tracking link into the new text box.
5. Use the arrow tool to resize the text box. Then, move it to the place you want it to be on the slide.
6. Select View > Present to play your presentation. Once you have the presentation open, click on the link to play the music. You can open the file in a separate tab on your browser, and it will play until you close.
You can cover the text link with an image from your slide deck if you find it distracting.
1. Select Insert > Image from the menu. You can search for clip art or a photo. Click on the image that you like and click Select to add it.
2. Use the arrow tool. Move the slide to the desired position by resizing the image.
3. Once you have selected the image, click on the “insert hyperlink” icon in the toolbar. Click Apply to paste the tracking link into the box.
Click this image to trigger the music when you are done with your presentation.
Add Music From A Youtube Video
A public YouTube video is one method of inserting music to add music to your presentation. This can be done in two ways. You can follow the above steps and copy and paste the video link into a text field. You can also insert video directly onto your slide.
This is the best way to insert a short music clip to introduce an idea or emphasize a point. The slide will advance, and the video will stop.
1. Select Insert > Video to insert video from this menu.
2. The YouTube search box will open with your query.
3. Click on the youtube video that contains the music you like, then click Select to place it onto the slide.
4. Once you have selected the Youtube video, click Format options in the toolbar.
5. When presenting, click the arrow next to Video playback. This will save you from having to stop your presentation by clicking on the video’s play button.
6. To close the sidebar format options, click the X.
7. Use the arrow tool to resize the video at its smallest size and place it on the slide. You can also adjust the size by entering specific dimensions in the Format options bar, but I prefer the manual method.
Notice: Modify the video options
- Start at – Finish at: This option allows you to specify where the video and audio should start and stop playback.
- When presenting, autoplay: It is a good idea to check this option. This will ensure that every slide in which you have inserted video plays exactly at the point you instructed.
- Mute audio: Mute the audio from the video. We will not check this option if it goes against the goal of the guide.
How To Add Music To Google Slides While Presenting
Editing is the only way to add audio files or other media objects to a presentation. Slides files that are currently being played will only allow for playback and cannot be added to the presentation.
You can play different media during a presentation by creating a Slides presentation. Then, open the Slides presentation again with all the files and then switch to another tab. When necessary, you can switch between the files.
How To Insert Audio Into Google Slides For All Slides
If you only want one audio track playing in your entire presentation, ensure that you do not check the “Stop on Slide Change” toggle. If your first audio is on loop, it will play until the end of your presentation. You should note that audio files embedded in slides will both play simultaneously.
How To Add Sound To Google Slides For Windows, Mac, or Chromebook
All the methods above are available regardless of whether your operating system is Windows OS or Mac OS. This is true even if you are using Chromebook. Google Slides does not require installation and is, therefore, non-system dependent.
It works online and does not require any installation. Using a computer, follow the above steps to embed audio in your Google Slide presentation.
How To Put Audio On Google Slides On Android
Google Slides is also accessible for mobile devices. However, there are limited editing tools. If you are making slides on an Android device, there is no option to insert audio or video. You can use the “Shareable Links” option if you want. This is how to do it:
- Open Google Slides and create or open a slideshow presentation.
- Tap the “+” button in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Text” or “Shape,” and then drag it into the slide.
- Open Google Drive account and minimize the app. Locate the audio file that you wish to use.
- Tap on the three dots icon right next to the audio file, and then tap on “Copy Link” in the popup menu.
- Go back to Google Slides presentation and then tap on the inserted text box.
- Tap on the three dots icon right above the popup menu, and then tap on “Insert Link.”
- Hold the button down until you see the text box.
- Tap on “Paste”.
- Tap the “Check” icon at the upper right corner.
- Now embed the audio link on the slide.
How To Add Music To Google Slides Presentations For iPhone
The Google Slides mobile app does not require a system to run, so the same method that was used for Android is applicable to the iPhone.
How Do You Find The Perfect Soundtrack For Your Google Presentation?
It is important to take into account these factors when choosing music to accompany your presentations:
You may find yourself falling into the trap of adapting music to suit your preferences when choosing the sounds for your presentation. This may be a mistake that could lead you to ruin your presentation.
Keep in mind details like whether the background music will be playing while you talk or begin the chat after the audio stops. It would help to consider whether the music would only be played at the beginning, the end, or the whole speech.
You may have to choose one type of music depending on the purpose. There are a few websites that you can use to add music and sound effects to your presentations legally.
This Swedish platform sells music without copyright. It has more than 300,000 songs.
The Epidemic Sound team launched a subscription specifically for multimedia creators, even those who are dedicated to Google presentations, not long ago. The subscription includes the following:
- There are many songs and sound effects.
- Music genre diversity
- All music is free from any royalties
- The music library is constantly updated
- There are no royalties or royalties forever
You can also try the platform and its services for free for 30 days.
This service offers approximately half a million songs and royalty-free sound effects classified by musical genre, duration, tempo, or duration.
It is extremely intuitive and includes a search engine. You can search for any music track that you require in your presentations. You can access either one or both, depending on the type of license you are looking for.
Simply log in to your account, select the audio track, make the payment, and download the song or effect. Audiojungle is the perfect tool for you to do business and not worry about what might happen legally.
Music With Creative Commons
Creative Commons is an institution that promotes the exchange and access to culture. Its mission is to create a public domain and offer an alternative to copyrighted content.
This type of music is not recommended as they are not royalty-free. However, the authors might decide to sell the rights to other organizations.
If you don’t want to take the risk, you can still download music from these sites without copyright.
Free Music Archive
Jamendo’s alternative service, Free Music Archive, also offers music under Creative Commons licensing. Although they are similar, the Free Music Archive is a bit less intuitive.
CCMixter, which complements the other options, allows you to search for music with no copyright. It is very similar to Jamendo and Free Music Archive in terms of their use, but it has a few different search options.
These were the most popular options for adding music on Google Slides. You have many options and platforms to add sound to your presentations without worrying about breaking the law.
If you want to keep your audience engaged, adding a soundtrack to your Google presentations can be a great way to do this. This post will learn how to add music to your Google presentation using an external service like Spotify or a YouTube video.
Fidlar hopes you find this article helpful and if you liked our blog post, you can subscribe to our mailing list and stay updated with new posts.