Fred Smith is the founder, chairman, and CEO of FedEx. He is also a former Marine Corps pilot. Smith has been credited with revolutionizing the package delivery industry and making FedEx an overnight success. He is a brilliant strategist and skilled negotiator, which has helped him create one of the most successful companies in the world. So what is Fred Smith Net Worth? Following this article to get more information about him.
What is Fred Smith’s Net Worth and Salary 2023
Fred Smith is the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of FedEx. As of March 2019, Fred smith’s net worth in 2023 is $3.9 billion dollars. Smith was born in Memphis, Tennessee, the son of a businessman and a homemaker.
He attended Yale University, where he studied economics and history. After graduating in 1966, he served in the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve.
The FedEx founder then returned to Memphis to join his father’s business. In 1971, Smith founded FedEx, which revolutionized the package delivery industry. Under his leadership, FedEx corp stock has become one of the world’s largest transportation companies.
The FedEx founder has been recognized for his visionary leadership and entrepreneurialism of units of FedEx corp stock. He was inducted into the Junior Achievement U. S. Business Hall of Fame in 2002 and the National Entrepreneur Hall of Fame in 2003.
Fred Smith was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on August 11, 1944. His father, Frederick W. Smith Sr., was a World War II veteran and successful businessman. His mother, Dorothy Smith, was a homemaker. Smith has two siblings, a brother, and a sister.
He attended elementary and secondary schools in Memphis. In 1962, he enrolled at Yale University. He studied economics and political science and graduated with a B. A. in 1966.
After graduation, Smith joined the Marine Corps. He served as a pilot in the Vietnam War, flying combat missions. In 1968, he was shot down and spent two years as a prisoner of war.
He was released in 1973. After his return from Vietnam, Smith worked for his father’s business. In 1976, he founded Federal Express (FedEx), an overnight delivery service. FedEx became a success, and Smith became a billionaire. He is now one of the richest people in the world.
Frederick Smith is the chairman of the board of directors, president, and CEO of FedEx Corporation. He is credited with co-founding the company in 1971 and growing it from a tiny startup to one of the world’s most recognizable brands.
A gifted entrepreneur and visionary leader, Smith, has been instrumental in making FedEx a global force in the express transportation industry. Under his guidance, the company has expanded its reach to more than 220 countries and territories and now offers a suite of services that includes ground and air delivery, freight forwarding, and e-commerce solutions.
Smith’s commitment to innovation and customer service has been the driving force behind FedEx’s success. He has consistently invested in new technology and developed new services to meet the ever-changing needs of his customers.
His focus on quality and efficiency has helped FedEx become the preferred choice for businesses and consumers who need their shipments delivered on time and in perfect condition.
A passionate advocate for free trade and global economic integration, Smith, has also been a driving force behind FedEx’s expansion into emerging markets.
He has led the company’s efforts to develop an extensive network of operations in China and other countries in Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. As a result of these initiatives, FedEx is now better positioned than ever to capitalize on the growth of international trade.
Looking to the future, Smith remains focused on expanding FedEx’s global reach and on delivering ever-improving levels of service to his customers. With his visionary leadership, there is no doubt that FedEx will continue to be a major player in the express transportation industry for many years to come.
Smith is married to Elizabeth Smith, with whom he has four children: two daughters, Olivia and Caroline, and two sons, Frederick and Alexander. The family resides in Greenwich, Connecticut.
1 Fred Smith Net Worth: How Rich Is the Businessman in 2023?
- Author: exactnetworth.com
- Published Date: 12/10/2021
- Review: 4.86 (965 vote)
- Summary: · The Fred Smith net worth figure of $4.6 billion has been amassed over the course of the past 50 years. His work as the founder, chairman, and
- Matching search results: In 1975, Smith was involved in a fatal hit and run accident in which he killed a 54-year-old handyman named George C. Sturghill. He was released on a $250,000 bond and the charges were later dismissed. This was the second fatal car crash the Smith …
2 Frederick Smith Net Worth 2023 (Forbes) – Salary, Income, Earnings
- Author: highincomesource.com
- Published Date: 01/17/2022
- Review: 4.65 (467 vote)
- Summary: · Frederick Smith has an estimated net worth of $5 billion. A well-known American business magnate and investor, he is the founder, chairman,
- Matching search results: This comment by Fred’s professor may have caused him to abandon the idea for many years. After graduation, Fred enlisted in the U.S. Marines and was assigned to serve in Vietnam. He served for three years, from 1966 to 1969, as a platoon leader and …
3 What Is Fedex Founder Frederick Smith Net Worth in 2023?
- Author: michigansportszone.com
- Published Date: 05/13/2022
- Review: 4.45 (512 vote)
- Summary: · Freddie smith net 2023: FedEx founder, chairman, and CEO Frederick Wallace Smith. The firm is based in Smith’s hometown of Memphis. Fred Smith
- Matching search results: Fred Smith is an American CEO and entrepreneur who has amassed a fortune of $3.9 billion dollars over the course of his career. Fred Smith, who was born in 1944 in Marks, Mississippi, battled a bone illness from the time he was a child until he was …
4 FedEx CEO Email & Net Worth | Fred Smith Wiki, Age, & Salary
- Author: listofceo.com
- Published Date: 12/07/2021
- Review: 4.25 (504 vote)
- Summary: · FedEx CEO Frederick W. Smith’s total salary in 2017 stood at 15.6 million USD, including base pay of 1.3 million USD, bonus of 7.2 million USD,
- Matching search results: The company’s valuation is estimated to be around 64 Billion USD. 74.91% of company’s stock is under the ownership of institutional investors, who include Ameriprise Financial Inc., FMR LLC., Dodge & Cox, Blackrock Inc., etc. Other details will …
5 Frederick W. Smith – Academy of Achievement
- Author: achievement.org
- Published Date: 07/28/2022
- Review: 4.03 (411 vote)
- Summary: Fred Smith amassed a personal fortune of $6 billion by enabling the world of business to deliver its goods quickly, anywhere in the world. Businesses seeking to
- Matching search results: That made it very clear to everybody what they need to do every day. We manage the continuous improvement in a mathematical manner every single day. Our service gets better each year. That’s very rare for big service organizations. Most of the time, …
6 Fred Smith – Entrepreneur
- Author: entrepreneur.com
- Published Date: 10/01/2021
- Review: 3.84 (567 vote)
- Summary: Fred Smith, now chairman, president and CEO of FDX Corp., FedEx’s parent company, compiled a fortune estimated at $700 million by enabling businesses to deliver
- Matching search results: Fred Smith, now chairman, president and CEO of FDX Corp., FedEx’s parent company, compiled a fortune estimated at $700 million by enabling businesses to deliver their goods quickly, anywhere in the world. He was told it couldn’t be done. But in the …
7 Frederick W. Smith Net Worth
- Author: networthpost.org
- Published Date: 09/12/2021
- Review: 3.79 (477 vote)
- Summary: A famous businessman, how rich is Fred Smith? Smith is a billionaire whose net worth reaches $4.7 billion, as reported by sources in early 2016. His successful
- Matching search results: When he came back to the USA in 1970, Smith decided to develop his idea of a delivery service company he had written about while at Yale. He bought a controlling interest in Ark Aviation Sales, a company engaged in aircraft maintenance and owned by …
8 Fred Smith Net Worth 2023 : Know The Complete Details!
- Author: funzalo.com
- Published Date: 04/15/2022
- Review: 3.43 (540 vote)
- Summary: · Smith is an American industry icon who is most popular for being the administrator and CEO of FedEx Corporation. The Fred Smith total assets
- Matching search results: Frederick Wallace Smith was brought into the world in August of 1944 in Marks, Mississippi to guardians James Frederick “Fred” Smith and Sally Wallace. As a matter of fact, his dad was the pioneer behind the Toddle House eatery network as well as …
What is the salary of the CEO of FedEx?
Frederick W. Smith received total pay of $10,434,589 while serving as CEO of FedEx in 2008. This sum was made up of a base salary of $1,430,466, a cash bonus of $2,705,000, shares awarded at no cost, and options granted at the cost of $5,461,575.
How much of FedEx does Fred Smith own?
According to information gathered by Bloomberg, Fred Smith holds the highest shareholding in FedEx, with a stake of around 7.3%.
Who are FedEx’s senior executives?
Subramaniam Raj (Jun 1, 2023–)
Which businesses does FedEx own?
The addition of the ground small-package carrier RPS (now FedEx Ground), the Western U.S. less-than-truckload carrier Viking Freight (now part of FedEx Freight), Caliber Logistics, and Caliber Technology (now part of FedEx) allows FedEx to expand its range of services.
Thank you for reading! Fred Smith is an incredible example of a successful entrepreneur and business leader. If you’re inspired by his story and looking to learn more about business and success, be sure to check out our other blog posts. And don’t forget to follow Fidlarmusic.com on social media for more updates!