Colin Trevorrow is an American writer, director, and producer who has made a name for himself in the entertainment industry by directing blockbuster movies such as Jurassic World and Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker.
In this article, Fidlarmusic will explore Colin Trevorrow net worth, his current career, family, achievements, and more. Let’s check!
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Facts
- 2 What is Colin Trevorrow Net Worth and Salary in 2023?
- 3 Social Accounts
- 4 Colin Trevorrow Wiki
- 5 Career
- 6 Real Estate
- 7 Nominations and Awards
- 8 Family
- 9 Colin Trevorrow Quotes
- 10 Colin Trevorrow News 2023
- 11 FAQs Colin Trevorrow
- 12 Related Posts
|Full Name/Real Name||Colin T. Trevorrow|
|Popular Name||Colin Trevorrow|
|Birth Date||September 13, 1976|
|Age||46 years old|
|Birth Place||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Education||Graduated from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts|
|Net Worth||Estimated $5 million|
|Source of Wealth||Film Directing and Screenwriting|
|Height||6′ 1½″ (1.87 m)|
|Weight||Approx. 78 kg|
What is Colin Trevorrow Net Worth and Salary in 2023?
According to public resources, Colin Trevorrow’s net worth is estimated at around $5 million as of 2023. Much of his earnings come from his success in the film industry as a writer, director, and producer.
He is best known for directing the highly successful movie Jurassic World, which grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide in its theatrical run.
Colin Trevorrow’s salary varies depending on the project he is working on. For instance, when he directed Jurassic World, he reportedly earned $5 million plus 7% of the gross profits.
Meanwhile, for the franchise’s sequel, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, it was reported that he received $9 million as a director.
Colin Trevorrow Wiki
Colin Trevorrow was born on September 13, 1976, in San Francisco, California. He studied at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, where he earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film.
Trevorrow began his career with small independent films such as Home Base (2002), Gary: Under Crisis (2006), and Safety Not Guaranteed (2012).
Trevorrow’s career took off in 2002 when he wrote and directed his first short film, Home Base. This film received over 20 million hits online by 2012.
In 2004, he released Reality Show, a documentary about the failed production of a reality television show. His first spec script titled Tester was sold to DreamWorks in 2006.
In 2008, Trevorrow teamed up with Derek Connolly, a fellow NYU student, to write a buddy cop film script called Cocked and Loaded.
The experience was so enjoyable that Trevorrow decided to give up solo screenwriting and work with Connolly on future projects.
In 2012, Trevorrow directed Safety Not Guaranteed, a film inspired by a classified advertisement. The film received various accolades, including a nomination for Trevorrow for the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature.
Following the success of Safety Not Guaranteed, Trevorrow and Connolly were hired by Walt Disney Company to write a remake of the film Flight of the Navigator.
Trevorrow’s mainstream recognition came when he co-wrote and directed Jurassic World in 2015. The film grossed over $1 billion, solidifying Trevorrow’s place in the industry.
In 2017, Trevorrow directed The Book of Henry, which received mixed reviews. He also co-wrote the 2018 sequel Fallen Kingdom and directed the third installment of Jurassic World: Dominion, which was released in 2022.
In 2019, he was initially set to direct Star Wars: Duel of the Fates, but due to creative differences, he left the project. However, he still received story writing credit for the film.
In 2021, it was announced that Trevorrow would direct War Magician, a historical war film about Jasper Maskelyne, a British illusionist who used magic to defeat Nazis in World War II.
Colin Trevorrow owns a luxurious home in Los Angeles, California. According to Variety, he purchased the property for $3.1 million in 2014. The house sits on a 0.23-acre lot and features four bedrooms, four bathrooms, a swimming pool, and a detached guesthouse.
Nominations and Awards
Throughout his career, Colin Trevorrow has received several nominations and awards for his work in the film industry. Here are some of his notable achievements:
- Saturn Award for Best Director – Jurassic World (2016)
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie – Jurassic World (2016)
- Hollywood Film Award for Breakthrough Director – Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)
Not much is known about Colin Trevorrow’s personal life, as he prefers to keep it private. However, he is married with two children.
Colin Trevorrow Quotes
Here are some inspiring quotes by Colin Trevorrow that can motivate aspiring filmmakers:
- I love the challenge of having one character who is traveling back in time to find someone. Nowadays, the only way we think to find someone is on Facebook.
- I’m gullible. I think people mean what they say.
- Nobody wants to make a bad ‘Flight of the Navigator’ remake. There’s just no interest. We’re going to do it if it’s good.
- I think, if you can, it’s OK to put something in a movie because it makes you feel good.
- I was not a kid who watched every movie. I watched a very small number of movies over and over again.
- I’m from Oakland and San Francisco, so I feel like the Pacific Northwest starts there and goes north – so, it’s home to me.
- I’m a ‘Star Wars’ kid. I’m a ‘Back to the Future’ kid. I’m a Spielberg kid.
- I’ve said before: ‘If you’re going to earnestly sing a song around a campfire, you’d better be a Muppet!’ Or else we’re just not going to buy it.
- I think that no relationship goes completely according to plan or the way you wished it had.
- I like to believe that intimate moments between characters don’t need to be relegated to independent films.
- I love big movies, and I love big moments.
- I live in Vermont, and we don’t have a tax incentive there, and therefore, we don’t have professional crew there.
- I tell you, man, I’m every bit as a ‘Star Wars’ fan as anyone else.
- ‘Jurassic Park’ isn’t about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation.
- Like a lot of people my age, I grew up on Amblin movies. They’re a part of who I am as a filmmaker and, arguably, as a person.
- There’s no shame in being romantic at all. I think people want to feel that sense of romance, which is rarely even attempted anymore.
- Jake Johnson wanted to make clear that he was the great American actor, not just the funny guy on ‘New Girl.’
- That’s the thing about leaks: sometimes they aren’t misinterpreted or false.
Colin Trevorrow News 2023
Currently, Colin Trevorrow is working on multiple projects, including the much-awaited Atlantis, which is a science fiction thriller that delves into the enigmas of the deep sea.
He is collaborating with Charmaine DeGraté for Skydance to explore Atlantis. Previously, the film was planned to be produced by Universal.
FAQs Colin Trevorrow
How much did Colin Trevorrow make for directing Jurassic World?
It was reported that he earned $5 million plus 7% of the gross profits.
What other movies has Colin Trevorrow directed?
He has directed movies such as The Book of Henry and Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker.
Does Colin Trevorrow have any upcoming projects?
Colin is set to direct the upcoming movie, Atlantis.
Has Colin Trevorrow won any awards?
He has won several awards such as the Saturn Award for Best Director and Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie.
- Bryce Dallas Howard Net Worth
- Chris Pratt Net Worth
- J. A. Bayona Net Worth
- Jeff Goldblum Net Worth
Colin Trevorrow’s journey from an indie filmmaker to a Hollywood blockbuster director has been impressive, and his net worth reflects his success in the film industry.
With several successful movies under his belt and more exciting projects on the horizon, it’s safe to say that Colin Trevorrow will continue to be a dominant force in Hollywood for years to come.
Let’s check out our article to get more information about other famous directors all around the world. Thanks for your reading!