Inside this guide, Fidlar is taking a look at the Best Tenor Ukuleles in 2021. The tenor size would be the 2nd biggest and the largest with conventional ukulele tuning. Therefore it’s a favorite with players of all dimensions, for example, those with more giant hands.
A tenor ukulele may be more comfortable to play and provide lots of projection. Our best list on the market can deliver alternatives with several distinct layouts and at different price points, with something to suit every budget.
Table of Contents
What Are The Various Varieties Of Ukuleles?
The four distinct sizes offered are soprano ukuleles, concert ukuleles, tenor ukuleles, and ukuleles. In terms of the sizing of these various forms, soprano ukuleles begin off at 16 inches and operate as big as 20 inches.
If you’re trying to find a concert-sized Ukulele, these are generally 23 inches, in which are Tenor ukuleles run approximately 26 inches, along baritone ukuleles will be about 30 inches.
Most professional ukulele players utilize a Tenor sized ukulele, but many novices typically start with a soprano ukulele. Baritone ukuleles possess the most peculiar tone and noise, producing a very similar sound similar to a guitar-like tuning.
Tenor ukuleles are bigger than soprano and concert ukuleles, meaning the songs which they’re making is broader and more profound than that of smaller ukuleles.
From the listing of ukuleles that we’ve shortlisted, we’ve got instruments that are appropriated for ukulele players of all levels and ability sets. Fantastic luck locating the Ukulele, which best matches your personal needs and preferences!
Best Tenor Ukulele For The Money
1. Kala KA-KTG
Can there be the best Kala ukulele to get a uke other than one made by a Hawaiian soul? Being the very well-reputed ukulele brand, Kala takes us on a trip to the Pacific Ocean’s seas, into the Aloha State, to be exact. Meet the Kala KA-KTG, a stone which boasts a complete body, the official tonewood for Hawaiian handmade ukuleles!
My body, I am speaking to the soundboard, created entirely out of Koa tonewood. The Koa integrated from the Kala KA-KTG produces a noise that leans toward the mid-range when preserving the upper-midrange timbre that we are all comfortable with within tenor ukuleles. Rather than lace, we have obtained an eye-pleasing gloss finish that attracts this tonewood’s allure to life.
We visit a good-quality walnut binding about this Kala ukulele’s shapes, which retains the soundboard in 1 piece rather than the low-end lotion binding. Crafting the neck out of the mahogany top is a genius movement out of Kala; mahogany’s subdued noise will neutralize the high-end rainbow that Koa can produce.
The tone profile shows a balanced, fantastic sound. However, what about playability? We are taking a look at a fingerboard made from Pau Ferro, a tonewood like rosewood. But it is much sexier. I loved this when I felt confident about stressing every note. I believe it enriches the subdued noise that Koa and mahogany top collaborate to reveal.
- All-Koa body
- Rigid fingerboard
- Premium gloss finish with walnut binding
- Total balanced audio quality
- Bone nut and saddle
- High series action
2. Enya EUT-M6
As soon as I fretted my way through this EUT-M6 tenor ukulele, I found that Enya is the best sounding tenor ukulele as far as it pays attention to artistry and aesthetics details!
I understand that the fingerboard is unbearably mesmerizing, but let us lift our eyes away from that and inquire into the soundboard of the tenor ukulele.
This Ukulele shows an all-mahogany body using two variations to its gloss finish: blue and natural. Made from an unspecified caliber of timber, you might question the authenticity of the hardwood.
Understanding that the mahogany this is strong solid koa wood was two knocks off with my knuckles, and the tonewood provides off that balanced mid-range noise you would expect from a mahogany tenor ukulele.
The very best thing about this tenor ukulele is how Enya pieces a cutaway throughout the soundboard to give you more accessibility to the higher frets.
Talking of frets, let us put our hands with this MIND-BLOWINGLY lovely fingerboard, complete with a mesmerizing connected abalone inlay that spans all the frets.
Catchy as it is, the fingerboard is made from Richlite, and so is your bridge. Being an alternate to rosewood, Richlite is inferior to actual good solid wood regarding audio resonance and durability.
Even though the bridge is not made of a real tonewood, it poses no dangers to the D’Addario strings’ equilibrium of the tenor ukulele due to this in-line geared tuning machines being entirely closed to prevent corrosion. Contrary to the Kala KA-KTG, the activity took less time to become used to if I had been practicing “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis!
- Mahogany body
- Warm sound quality
- Comes in two finishes
- Cosmetic fingerboard with abalone inlays
- Gig bag included
- The fingerboard has a plastic texture.
- SEALED 18: 1 GEAR TUNING MACHINE: In the higher gears, the ukulele string can be tuned more precise, keep ukulele stay in tune better than 15:1 gear tuning pegs, ensures you would not be troubled by 'out of tune' so fast. Our gear made of pure copper will be harder, less rusting.
- D'Addario CARBON NYLON STRINGS: Equipped advanced D'Addario strings, and luthiers pre-tune the ukulele at a lower action before we ship it to ensure you can touch the strings easier. Offer Life Time Free String Replace.
- WELL FINISHED FRETBOARD: Come with Smooth fretboards on every side detail, you can roll over the frets and do not need to worry be scratched. The fret wires ends can be a very troubling point of contact with inexpensive instruments. These fret wires have been manicured.
- FREE UKULELE ONLINE LESSONS: Kmise ukulele is the instrument of choice for schools - more people learn to play on it. Offer Free Online Lessons on our official website and How to Play Ukulele Quick Start Booklet.
- A GREAT GIFT FOR MUSIC LOVER - Whether you’re looking for a birthday, Valentine's Day, Christmas or graduation gifts, send this ukulele to anyone that likes playing guitar or someone that just loves music. This could be an awesome gift for adults, kids who are just getting started with Ukulele.
3. Luna Tattoo
Together with the Kala KA-KTG, the Luna Tattoo is just another tenor ukulele that allows us to embark on a cruise to Hawaii. The soundboard has Hawaiian ornamentation carved into it, representing longevity and persistence, which I anticipated from that masterpiece!
This one is a mahogany tenor ukulele with a satin finish, casing the exotic adornment mentioned previously. I would not say the mahogany here’s your good-quality tonewood we are utilized to in high-end tenor ukuleles.
On the other hand, the audio quality looks like an ideal uke with more prejudice toward the mid-range heat due to its neck also being manufactured from solid timber.
One look at the fingerboard and the black surface will provide you a hint of walnut, and it is true! That is the main reason the Luna Tattoo is simple to perform tenor ukulele. I owe a lot to the pine fingerboard for helping me run chord progressions just like a cinch.
I enjoy how Luna finds the last touch on the walnut and all the shark teeth inlays to help me recall positions and fret numbers of different testimonials for Hawaiian aesthetics! Luckily, we also carry a pine bridge. Bridges made of authentic tonewood are sure to maintain the tuning ultimately.
Now, let us see if an ideal intonation recipe applies to this tenor ukulele. First off, the tuning machines have additional gears, so which makes the coils prone to rust.
Though the pre-installed strings never slid out of tune with me, this tenor ukulele took some time to keep in tune once I restrung it with a new pair of Aquila Nylgut strings.
- Strong mahogany tenor body
- Mid-range noise
- Buttery-smooth walnut fingerboard
- Traditional Hawaiian visuals around the soundboard
- Sturdy walnut bridge
- Gig bag included
- Drops in song with fresh series sets
- Open-gear tuners
4. Donner DUT-1
Even a tenor ukulele is necessarily pricey. It would help if you predicted that only by taking a look at the fingerboard’s enhanced width. But this Donner tenor ukulele handles violating the big cost idea connected with tenor ukulele using its DUT-1 ukulele package!
The very best craftsmanship-related touch within this Donner tenor ukulele is your arched back. The mahogany body comes with an inward bulge, strengthening the soundboard’s parameter, allowing for improved noise canceling. In general, the audio quality slopes toward the warm enroll, particularly the neck can also be made from mahogany.
At this Cost, I could not desire solid mahogany in addition to that lace end. However, I enjoy that the rear’s arched angle functions as a sound booster, adjusting the subdued volume amounts that mahogany suffers from because of heat.
Glued into the throat is a well-made rosewood fingerboard, famous for its stiff surface, which can help build muscle memory regarding methods such as chord changes, legato phrasing, and tapping. Now, let us look at how this tenor ukulele performs precision-wise, beginning from this good-quality rosewood bridge, which can be so dense to maintain the carbon monoxide strings undamaged.
Have a peek at the quasi-closed pruning machines. I expected for perfect intonation that exceeds that of those Kala KA-KTG. But when I restrung that tenor ukulele using Aquila Nylgut strings, I discovered how it slowly slips from the song into prolonged sessions. The offenders are the unquestionably low-quality, plastic nut, and saddle.
- Arched back for noise enhancement
- Mid-range tone profile
- Solid rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Good-quality AAA-grade mahogany
- Accessories and gig bag included
- Vinyl nut and nut
- Tuning problems
- DID YOU KNOW IF YOU WERE TO BUY EACH INDIVIDUAL ITEM IT'D COST YOU OVER $400? IT'S HARD KNOWING WHAT TO BUY, HOW TO GET STARTED, WORRY OF WASTING MONEY! Each kit is shipped flawlessly to your home with no missing pieces - It all just works perfectly together. Our 40 years in the Music Industry has ELIMINATED the RISK and GUESS WORK. Every item accelerates your learning, want to know how? Keep reading below or beat the price rise and secure one of the last remaining "Limited Launch Edition" sets.
- SPEND THE EXTRA $20? IT'S OK TO BE COOL! IMAGINE WALKING AROUND WITH A PLASTIC UKULELE OR AT YOUR 1ST LESSON GETTING EYEBALLED. That's right, we are hip, we are honest, we do stand by our products and we do care. Isn't it always the case, you get what you pay for? Personally, we've found it so and after testing nearly every ukulele on the market through our 27-point QC -We were shocked by fake parts. We aren't the cheapest, we know this, you know this. But cheap often doesn't bring happiness.
- HOW IS THIS BUNDLE BETTER? THE INTERNET IS BLOWING UP OVER our "Snug Fit" compression case, smooth glide zip technology keeps your precious ukulele safe, where other designs fail. Felt Picks that don't scratch like other kits. Ukulele Strap, adjustable of course, fits your ukulele, leather and super cool. Clip-on Glow Tuner, Capo for changing pitch, Chord Stamp for creating music, Chord Poster, Videos, Lessons, Guides, Assurances, The Lot. ADD a BONDI UKULELE to Cart Now - Everyone else does!
- 2020 IS THE YEAR YOU MADE FRIENDS WITH THE UKULELE - WE ARE YOUR COMPANION, WHICH IS WHY WE PRODUCED A CAPTIVATING STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO COURSE EXPLAINING EVERY ITEM IN THE KIT AND SKYPE LESSON WITH A PRO - which is a total blast! The whole team at Bondi Ukulele's is here 24/7/365 to ensure you get a kick out of playing the ukulele, whipping it out at a party and playing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz or chilling under the palm trees - At Bondi Ukuleles we make fun happen. STRICTLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!
- DISCOVER WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT THEIR BONDI UKULELE "It's super fun to play and a great deal" "So much care and love from the Bondi Ukulele's team" "Emma was a sweetheart with getting me started" "All the accessories JUST WORK! Period!" "My niece loves her new present, I'm impressed by this high-end uke at a low price" YOU'VE JUST FOUND THE BEST UKULELE KIT ON AMAZON BACKED BY 40 YEARS IN MUSIC! - Most ukulele sellers on Amazon are Newcomers or Chinese. Not us! DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE!
5. Lanikai Tenor
If you’re interested in finding a ukulele that’s high durability and quality to the larger size of a tenor, the Lanikai tenor ukulele may be the sole.
The very best feature of this? Above all, the Hawaiian pros with hands construct it in Hawaii. All about this ukulele yells Hawaii and its traditional ukulele quality in a larger size of 26 inches, to put it differently.
But manufactured from Koa wood and solid wood, this tenor ukulele doesn’t only confirm the fantastic noise and tone but also the durability.
The fretboard is also made of superior rosewood, which will provide you with the most straightforward stage your fingers drift on. To describe, it’s a hand-rubbed wax and oil finish, which talks about the intensive Hawaiian signature it’s.
- Hand-made by specialist Hawaiian luthiers
- Quality assembles with Koa wood.
- The Very Best tenor ukulele below 1000 bucks
- Strong build
- Unique and attractive look
- Doesn’t include any accessories.
6. Oscar Schmidt 4-Strings
Do your friends ask about a particular looking ukulele? Oscar Schmidt should assist you to obtain popularity. Following that, it’s also a fantastic tenor ukulele below 300 bucks you will get. Constructed with mahogany or Koya, this ukulele stereotype breaks down and hastens its own splattered cherry with shirt, sides, and back.
It’ll amaze you with all the audio quality it provides together with all the material it uses. Additionally, synthetic bone nut and nut utilize it to maintain the Aquila Nylgut strings set up. In any case, Deluxe Grover Chrome Tuners with ebony buttons help keep it tuned also.
- Spalted mango build joys the clients using its audio quality.
- Precise build
- Fantastic tone
- Most delicate tenor ukulele below 300 bucks
- Robust tuning features
- It comes with a Great case.
- It Doesn’t contain enough accessories to the Cost.
- ROOMY FRETBOARD: This uke's larger tenor-sized body exhibits an impressive level of projection and volume, making it perfect for players who find concert ukuleles a bit too small.
- DYNAMIC RANGE: Featuring all-mahogany construction, the 15TM produces a well-balanced tone, with superb dynamic range and pleasant overtones.
- TOP QUALITY WOODS: This handmade tenor ukulele features mahogany top, back, and sides, giving this small bodied ukulele a full, rich sound.
- EASY TUNING: Córdoba Silver with Pearl Button Tuners make it a breeze to tune your ukulele. 19 frets with fret position marks at 5th, 7th, 10th and 12th frets on neck and top of fingerboard provide a visual indication of where you are on the fingerboard.
- SOLID CRAFTSMANSHIP & ELEGANT DETAILING: Appointments like the 15TM’s abalone-style rosette and cream body and fingerboard binding set this ukulele apart from other similar models. Beginners and professionals alike will appreciate the 15TM’s good looks and easy playability.
7. Cordoba 15TM
Suppose you’re interested in finding a ukulele version that does the best intermediate ukulele for beginners alike at a reasonable price. In that case, the Cordoba 15TM might be a terrific alternative for you.
Cordoba is a fantastic brand, which has a powerful effect on Spanish guitars. The 15TM is a decent sized version for larger hands. Also, it is excellent if you’re transitioning from playing with the guitar.
The mahogany layout gives it a cozy feel and excellent projection, and a vibrant and intricate tone. This uke resembles lots of the versions that cost twice as much. All components are significant.
The toroid body and fingerboard binding reveal that there’s a lot of quality available together with the binding and construct. Additionally, it has brilliant Aquila strings.
Even though it may not be the uke of option for every single professional on the market, it’s undoubtedly a fantastic ukulele to be used if you’re seeking to obtain a suitable product that feels just like the actual thing. It is comfortable and easy to play with and coming in at under $100, it’s difficult to argue against the value available here.
- Outstanding Aquila strings.
- Projects brightly, even for a tenor uke.
- Great for large hands using a vast scale.
- They are constructed from quality mahogany.
- Not as high-quality tone because of the exact high-end ukuleles.
8. Martin 1T IZ
If you want to get a ukulele or an acoustic guitar, then the newest name Martin is bound to come up. This high-end brand has been producing ukuleles and guitars for more than 100 decades, and the 1T IZ is a good illustration of what they can provide. This is the type of tool geared toward the actual pros, and the build quality and parts back this up.
It is worth mentioning that the 1T IZ is a tribute to Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, a Hawaiian leader of music that had been an unbelievable uke player. The substances incorporate Hawaiian koa, East Indian rosewood, and can’t inlay for a tribute. Only the very best materials are used, along with the koa, which provides a standard Hawaiian texture and tone.
The rosewood fingerboard makes this simple to perform with. Like many different versions of the current market, this depends on the mahogany because of its richness and tonal projection.
- Outstanding substances.
- Brilliant build-quality out of Martin.
- Conventional sound using koa wood and mahogany.
- More costly than many ukuleles.
- Top Intonation : Equipped with an 18:1 ratio tuner machine and high quality carbon string, this ukulele can get in tune and stay in tune better than ever. easy your playing. gear tuning pegs, ensures you would not be troubled by 'out of tune' so fast. Our gear made of pure copper will be harder, less rusting. than ever. easy your playing.
- Comfort playing : With lower action and carefully sanded frets, this ukulele has superb playability, easy press down the string without tired, and fast change and play on the fingerboard without any scratch. fret wires ends can be a very troubling point of contact with inexpensive instruments. These fret wires have been manicured.
- Full accessories : We carefully selected some accessories that you may need in your ukulele learning journey. such as gig bags, tuner, strap, extra string, and beginner instruction, which makes you can learn it at no time.
- FREE UKULELE ONLINE LESSONS: Kmise ukulele is the instrument of choice for schools - more people learn to play on it. Offer Free Online Lessons on our official website and How to Play Ukulele Quick Start Booklet.
- A GREAT GIFT FOR MUSIC LOVER - Whether you¡¯re looking for a birthday, Valentine's Day, Christmas or graduation gifts, send this ukulele to anyone that likes playing guitar or someone that just loves music. This could be an awesome gift for adults, kids who are just getting started with Ukulele. anyone that likes playing guitar or someone that just loves music. This could be an awesome gift for adults, kids who are just getting started with Ukulele.
9. Kala MK-T
You can not go far in the hunt for a ukulele without coming across a Kala product; they’re everywhere as this is among the largest manufacturers of ukes on the market.
They cater to all budgets, and also the MK-T is the best beginner tenor ukulele for beginners or for people who desire the very best budget ukulele that nonetheless gets the scale of a tenor version.
Regardless of being among those funding options, it’s a mahogany body that projects well and is up there with a few of the intermediate versions instead of more economical, newcomer ukuleles. It’s a relatively good excellent walnut fingerboard, simple to perform with giant palms, and the satin finish provides a degree of protection.
If you’re interested in finding a fantastic tenor ukulele for under $100 afterward, Kala has you covered. They produce a good deal of different sizes and make of uke and may always depend on adequate quality at the budget price.
- Exceptional value for money.
- Excellent build materials despite the purchase price.
- Fantastic projection.
- The tone isn’t quite as wealthy as some other choices.
- The propensity to drop out of tune.
10. Cordoba 28T
A good deal of ukulele guitar players loves the tone of koa wood. Because of this, we have included a version specifically for the koa fans, the Cordoba 28T, that is an excellent ukulele under $300, so for all those on the marketplace for affordability in addition to quality, this might be well worth considering.
Among the reasons why koa is famous is that it is the first tonewood many ukes were produced using in Hawaii, so that you may require the 28T to get a conventional sound despite the bigger tenor layout.
A Pau Ferro fingerboard complements the body. This offers a glowing attack to the noise and combines nicely with the koa wood to get a bright tone. You can easily mistake this for a more compact version of uke.
The abalone rosette seems fantastic, too. Like many other tenor ukes on the listing, it’s a C-shaped neck, made from mahogany. This makes it more comfortable to play chords.
- Bright solid with a traditional vibe.
- A well-built tool with koa wood.
- Not too pricey.
- Mahogany’s fingerboard may be responsive.
- THE INDUSTRY STANDARD: The KA-15 Series is Kala's flagship Mahogany collection and has become an industry standard. The traditional design is highlighted with a satin finish. Great for players of all ages and skill levels, the affordable KA-15 Series is sure to be a staple for generations to come. Built and designed to stand the test of time.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: The best entry-level ukulele on the market is now available in bundles that include a Kala logo gig bag, clip-on tuner, strap, and an extra set of Aquila Bionylon strings. Available in three sizes, the traditional look of these high-quality Mahogany ukes are great for players of any skill level.
- THE KALA MISSION: Kala Brand Music Co. is one of the fastest growing music companies in the US. We design, manufacture, and build ukulele models for every level musician. Our mission is to create affordable, unique, and high quality instruments that anyone can play.
- HOMETOWN VIBES: We are Kala Brand Music Co. and we are from Petaluma, CA. Our character stems from our hometown drawing influence from Petaluma's turn of the century downtown, its Gold Rush history and the modern meets historical vibe. We know it isn't Hawaii, the birthplace of the ukulele, but it's the birthplace of our ukulele-the handmade Kala Elite USA ukulele.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) Kala KA-15T Satin Mahogany Tenor Ukulele, (1) Kala Logo Tenor Ukulele Gig Bag, (1) Kala Klipz Clip-On Tuner, (1) Black Ukulele Strap, and (1) Set of Aquila Bionlyon Strings.
Suppose you’re looking to expand your playing beyond what you can do with the smaller soprano or concert ukuleles. In that case, a good tenor ukulele offers a more resonant sound, more excellent range, and more versatility.
Or if you have more giant hands, are coming from the guitar, or have difficulty with smaller-bodied instruments, a tenor uke can be a great way to start playing the ukulele.
Any of the tenor ukuleles on Fidlar’s list would be a fun addition to your Best Tenor Ukuleles collection or an excellent first instrument. Now get out there and play the ukulele!
Last update on 2020-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API