Many guitar players in their way to getting a pro-style for the Best Acoustic Guitar Under 1500 USD. Guitars inside this price step up from many intermediate and beginner guitars since they are manufactured from better-quality materials and electronic equipment.
Fidlar has chosen the best of this bunch to help you select which acoustic guitar at the $1000-$1500 range matches your playing style and matches your preferences the maximum. We have maintained our choice of versions made by reputable brands so that you may be sure that whichever one you select, you’re going to wind up getting a winner. Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Tips On Purchasing The Top Acoustic Guitar For Under $1500
- 2 Best Acoustic Guitars Under 1500 Brands
- 2.1 1. Martin 000-15M Acoustic Guitar
- 2.2 2. Takamine P3NY Acoustic Guitar
- 2.3 3. Martin 15 Series D-15M
- 2.4 4. Taylor 214CE
- 2.5 5. Blueridge BR-160 Historic Series Dreadnought Guitar
- 2.6 6. Takamine EF341SC
- 2.7 7. Seagull Maritime SWS CW GT QIT Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- 2.8 8. Seagull Artist Mosaic Acoustic Guitar
- 3 Conclusion
Our Tips On Purchasing The Top Acoustic Guitar For Under $1500
Suppose you’re searching for an acoustic guitar priced under $1500. In that case, this means you intend to play the guitar but aren’t too enthusiastic about spending a lot on a professional-quality tool just yet. In your career, you are probably still creating your voice and playing styles, which explains why flexibility in a guitar is significant to you.
Versatility is one thing you will undoubtedly have with some of those guitars on this listing, which we’ve carefully selected to match the majority of guitar players’ requirements with a $1500 budget.
And if you’re a newcomer who has been saving for a long time to have a fantastic acoustic guitar from the beginning, one of those models will serve you for decades, right around if you believe you are prepared for a more high-end professional guitar.
Let us do a quick roundup of these guitars in this listing of models under $1500 and emphasize their finest qualities that set them apart from all of the rest. All of these models win concerning tone and playability, so whichever one you pick, you’re guaranteed to have the best.
Taylor 214CE Deluxe Grand Auditorium
This Grand Auditorium guitar boasts a solid Sitka spruce top. Taylor utilized layered rosewood to bring the purchase price of this Taylor 214CE Deluxe down to your guitar’s sides and back.
The audio quality is not compromised; however, using engineered timber makes the guitar more vulnerable to fluctuations in the weather. This guitar can be fitted using an Expression System 2 preamp, which means that you have to plug it in if you will need to.
Two words: solid timber. The Martin 000-15M is famous due to its minimalist, no-nonsense appearance and the way it seems rich and warm, with a sound, balanced and punchy tone.
Many guitarists are then woody sound, something which this Martin delivers flawlessly. No electronic equipment is contained in this particular one, so you will need to use external mics or alternative aftermarket amplification choices.
A parlor-style guitar using electronic equipment included. This is only one of the smallest full-scale guitars made available by Takamine and features a solid cedar soundboard and strong maple back.
You are equipped with a CT4B II preamp system with everything you will ever want: a mic, volume control slider, and three-band EQ to allow you to tweak the audio output signal by your preferences.
A dreadnought with a cutaway and the easy-to-use CT4B II preamp. Such as the Takamine P3NY, which boasts a solid cedar top. Still, it’s laminated maple back and sides to withstand fluctuations in humidity and warmth, making it an excellent traveling along with gigging companion. The Takamine EF341SC is an excellent stage guitar favored by lots of performing musicians, such as Jon Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen.
Seagull Artist Mosaic
The Seagull Artist Mosaic dreadnought has a solid cedar top and solid mahogany sides and back. This is a guitar that could compete with superior versions from larger brands due to its quality construction and noise. The acoustic-electric variant of the guitar gets got the L.R. Baggs Element digital system.
Thus, that acoustic guitar version are you interested in? Could it be the one having an all-solid wood construction, or do you favor one using a blend of layered and solid wood? It could all depend upon your purpose and individual tastes, naturally.
Do you intend to play with this guitar on the point, on the street, or only in your home? What type of tone do you want your guitar to get? Warm and tender, or something brighter? Every one of the guitars in this listing has its distinct tonal feature due to its construction, so consider this when making your final choice.
Best Acoustic Guitars Under 1500 Brands
1. Martin 000-15M Acoustic Guitar
The very first thing you will notice concerning the Martin 000-15M acoustic guitar is its own daring, healthy appearance. Nothing flashy or shiny, and lots of people like it like that. This guitar is one of the best guitars under 1500.
The upper, sides, and back, in addition to the neck, are mahogany. This produces the guitar exceptionally durable and secure construction-wise and warm and rich sound-wise.
The fingerboard on the Martin 000-15M is constructed of East Indian rosewood, adding to playability and heat. The guitar was provided a rich satin finish. We enjoy the whole look. Playing with the guitar seems like holding a tasty and enormous guitar-shaped chocolate bar in your own hands.
This Martin acoustic guitar also includes an East Indian rosewood bridge, ebony bridge pins, abalone fingerboard inlays, nickel open-geared tuners with butterbean knobs, faux tortoise pickguard, compensated bone saddle, and a bone nut.
The guitar keeps in tune for quite a while, which means you won’t have to fiddle with the tuning machines following every couple of minutes of enjoying.
The Martin 000-15M produces a cozy and warm sound using an expressive low end, yet clear and bright enough for several genres and playing styles.
- Solid-body construction
- Beautifully balanced tone
- Simple and uncluttered look with vintage-style appointments
- No electronics
- No built-in tuner
2. Takamine P3NY Acoustic Guitar
Takamine began as a family-run tool workshop in Japan from the late Fifties until it turned into today’s world-renowned brand. Takamine is among the very first guitar manufacturers to present acoustic-electric models to the guitar-playing sector.
The business pioneered the layout of this preamp-equalizer in acoustic guitars. The Takamine P3NY, using its CT4B II preamp system with three-band EQ, volume controller, and built-in chromatic tuner, is among the hottest in a long lineup of electro-acoustics by the business.
The Takamine Pro Series P3NY is a parlor-style acoustic guitar in a New Yorker human form. The New Yorker is Takamine’s smallest full-scale guitar, and it is incredibly comfortable to play if you are standing or in a seated posture. New Yorker-bodied guitars such as the P3NY possess a pleasant, clear tone with an impressive frequency range, which produces the acoustic sound stick out.
The Takamine P3NY features a solid cedar top and a solid Sapele back. The sides are made from maple, too, although the neck is constructed from mahogany.
The fingerboard is made of rosewood and features dot-in-dot inlays. Gold tuners with amber buttons along with a beautiful satin finish give the guitar a premium appearance. This is the very best guitar under 1500.
- Full-scale guitar in a small body
- Traditional, elegant look with premium appointments
- Comes with a built-in digital tuner
- Position of the preamp controls can take some getting used to
- Perfect for Beginners and Students.Complete 38 Inch Acoustic Guitar Set in Coffee,Great gloss finish.
- Linden Binding and Full Wood Construction with Chrome Geared Tuning.
- The steel string Guitar is perhaps the most versatile and common Guitar type and is featured in many different styles of music including Country, Jazz, and Rock.
- The set includes:YMC 38" Acoustic Guitar;Gig Bag;Guitar Strap;Pitch Pipe;9pcs ABS Picks(0.46mm 3pcs,0.72mm 3pcs,1.0mm 3pcs);Pick Holder(color maybe vary);2 Pickguards: Teardrop Shape(maybe already stick on guitar),and Hummingbird;A Full Set of Extra Strings(A set of 6 strings: E1,B2,G3,D4,A5,E6),and extra 2 thin strings (E1,B2);Electronic Tuner.Available in a variety of colors:Black,Blue,Coffee,Natural,Pink,Sunburst.
- Please note: Acoustic guitars come standard with only one strap pin - at the heel of the lower bout. Although a second strap pin can be easily installed by any qualified guitar technician, it is not necessary in order to use a guitar strap. You could tie it around the neck, above the nut, at the headstock. There are many helpful instructions on the web as well.
3. Martin 15 Series D-15M
Should you consider a martin, then it’s due to the timeless Martin visual appeal, and it’s also a fantastic option in my listing of best acoustic guitar around 1500. However, this mythical brand is much more than merely its looks. It provides a fantastic noise and together with all the cult features all wrapped up in a dreadnought body.
This specific version from the 15 series appears so entirely decorative; it belongs to 40’s records or history textbooks using its solid mahogany body. This guitar body provides you that extraordinary dense is challenging to beat tone, which retains its definition and sharp subtleties.
Additionally, it features exceptional wood binding using a mortise and tenon neck joint frequently used for boats, a tapering headstock, and an Indian rosewood head plate.
The ebony bridge gift here provides you a sort of audio projection, and you’ll never miss a note, and each strum could be viewed with clarity and accuracy.
- Easy action.
- Booming sounding.
- Perfect for Flatpicking.
- No fret buzz.
- Excellent bass response.
- Slight wood blemishes.
- Dreadnought body style
- Spruce top with scalloped "X"-bracing, mahogany back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Walnut fingerboard and bridge
- Includes hardshell case
4. Taylor 214CE
In case you’ve got a budget over 1000, you then considered investing in a Taylor, did not you? I am discussing the 214ce, the winner among most of the fantastic auditorium guitars at the marketplace; you will not find anything better.
Allow me to discuss the initial impressions; it’s a glistening tobacco sunburst body made from layered rosewood, spruce top, little diamond fret inlay, and white binding.
Even though there’s a frequent misconception which grand auditorium design is tricky to play, the Venetian cutaway body makes it easier for you to get into the frets as you move higher up.
This version is ideal for finger stylists on the front of items, which has a balanced sound across the tonal range with clear, defined notes along with a secure mid-range.
As you see, there’s a reason why the grand auditorium is among the best-selling contours of Taylor. It’s very versatile for many styles and gets the noise to prove its value. That means that you may decide on this most effective acoustic guitar beneath 1500 for the beautiful features it provides.
- Comes with a hardshell case.
- Solid hardwood.
- Great tonal stability.
- Good acoustic resonance.
- Excellent sustain.
- Not built for small hands.
- Needs set up.
- Beginner acoustic guitar; ideal for young musicians and newbie strummers alike
- Smooth curves and a slim easy-to-play mahogany neck
- Spruce and basswood construction for eye-catching beauty, long-lasting strength, and rich acoustic sound
- Includes extra strings, picks, a tuner, a strap for playing when standing, and a carrying case for secure storage and transport
- Measures 41.3 by 15.9 by 5.3 inches; weighs 4.2 pounds;
5. Blueridge BR-160 Historic Series Dreadnought Guitar
Can you miss the 30’s? My listing of the best acoustic guitar beneath 1500 has you covered with this historical series from Blueridge. Their high-quality classic series are a few of the very best in the marketplace that’s entirely worth the purchase price. With no favorites, this is easily among the best picks on my list. Allow me to dip deep into that which makes it the very best.
It’s a retro dreadnought body made from the best tonewoods you can locate, a Sitka spruce top for resonance and strength, and easy rosewood sides and back.
You may feel and see the quality for the price that you pay. Moving to its sound, this Blueridge model reflects its retro aesthetic to the sound that’s mellow, steady, and contains precisely the same heat you get from classic models your parents possessed.
Even though the noise is quite synonymous, it has the boom, retains its intonation for quite a while, and has sufficient quantity to compete efficiently with all the remainder on this listing.
- Comes with a padded gig bag.
- Smooth fretboard.
- Good intonation.
- Vintage design and sound.
- Powerful bass.
- The neck could have been wider.
6. Takamine EF341SC
Are you aware that Bruce Springsteen employs this guitar? Need I say more? This gorgeous electric acoustic guitar is undoubtedly a cult classic of the Legacy series. Worth for the Purchase Price? Check. Audio excellent check. Strong hardware? Check. This is just another most delicate acoustic guitar beneath 1500 from the listing. Let’s have a more in-depth look into what makes it so familiar.
This glistening black beauty includes a Maple body with a cedar top, mahogany neck, and a sleek rosewood fingerboard. It comes equipped with CT48 electronic equipment and may perform a selection of mellow tones to power chords readily. This model is built for the point and has an outer reflective body to prove it.
Additionally, it features Takamine’s pickup configuration, supposedly the industry’s most precise and natural acoustic and electrical pickups. In general, you may never go wrong with this bit that’s managed to remain on top for 50 decades.
- Comes with a hard case.
- Easy action.
- Tonal retention.
- Neutral steady tone.
- Higher notes may be tight.
- Spruce Top
- Natural Finish
- Includes Gig Bag and Accessories
7. Seagull Maritime SWS CW GT QIT Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Seagull Guitars is a Canadian firm focused entirely on the production of acoustic guitars. In its own over three years of guitar production, the brand remains focused on keeping its production degree. Additionally, it ensures that every wood used is sourced while it also works actively with different replanting programs. The brand is now marketed as a sub-brand of Godin Guitars.
This guitar is part of this brand’s Maritime Solid Wood Series (SWS). It features a solid spruce top that’s pressure tested to guarantee optimum performance and solid wood backs and sides, which give some heat to the whole tone. The neck can be made from mahogany nevertheless sports a Richlite fretboard.
This guitar is a highly glossed shirt; the ebony bridge, beautiful pickguard, and rosette design add to its appeal.
Being an acoustic-electric guitar, also it includes some electronic equipment. These include Godin’s habit QIT system, which produces amplification efficiently and efficiently. The in-built electronic tuner with auto closed down, which raises the guitars consumer-friendliness.
- It’s a sound that’s clear and daring.
- The cutaway and throat provide fantastic playability.
- It’s well-made and beautiful.
- Doesn’t have a gig bag.
8. Seagull Artist Mosaic Acoustic Guitar
There is a standard version of the Seagull Artist Mosaic and the Element version, which come comprised having an L.R. Baggs Element electronic system. The two versions are usually the same except the electronic equipment, obviously, so it is up to you whether to select the all-acoustic one using the pickup.
With this review, we are having a peek at the acoustic-electric version. This Seagull dreadnought features a solid cedar top, solid mahogany back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard using seagull-shaped inlays, plus a Custom Polished semi-gloss finish that improves the appearance of the wood grain along with the sound the guitar creates.
The combo of this tonewood used from the guitar gives it a warm, humid, and pleasant tone, making it better as the right wood top opens up.
The longer the Artist Mosaic is performed, the better it seems. And even when excavated, the guitar produces a great deal of volume and projection.
And should you want more, you have to use the onboard preamp, which can be mounted onto the soundhole and includes tone and volume controls.
- A great solid-wood guitar at an accessible price point
- Element model comes with a built-in pickup-preamp system
- Impressive build and sound quality
- No built-in tuner
- The headstock looks too small and out of proportion to the rest of the body
- 36” BEGINNER GUITAR SET: Pyle brings you a complete all-in-one acoustic guitar set, everything you need to start playing. The guitar comes with a gig bag case, pitch pipe tuner, spare strings, pearloid picks, cleaning cloth, and a gift card
- JUNIOR SCALE SIZE: A junior scale 6 string guitar perfect for use on lessons, recitals, band rehearsals, on-stage performances or when practicing at home. Has a traditional classic body style great for beginners and children learning to play guitar
- HANDCRAFTED: The classical guitar features handcrafted construction w/ linden wood body, birch headstock, dyed maple wood fretboard, high gloss polished body back w/ protective binding, rosette linden laminate finish, chrome 3-in-line machine head
- BEGINNER READY: This traditional junior classic acoustic stringed instrument kit is excellent for both beginner and children looking to start guitar playing. It brings you everything you need to start playing straight out of the box
- SPECIFICATIONS: Total Length: 36”; Scale Length: 22.8”; Total Body Length: 17.3”; Total Neck Length (Nut to Body): 18.5”; No. of Frets: 18 Frets; Guitar Body Material: Linden Wood; String Material: Nylon; Total Dimensions: 35.8” L x 13.4” W x 3.35” H
When you’ve gone through my list of the Best Acoustic Guitars Under 1500, you then understand that in the event you’ve got a reasonable amount in your budget, then you can find a great deal for the cost. A number of them are badly employed by several renowned musicians globally, and you may be sure that in the event you purchase one of those versions above, you may get it for a lifetime.
Buying a guitar beneath 1500 is a critical investment to concentrate on something that’s not just comfortable for you to jam, but also perfect for doing on stage and perhaps continue during your journeys to make others envious.
Fidlar hopes my listing of the best acoustic guitar beneath 1500 can give you a hand in deciding upon the best one for you. Additionally, if you want a version, you can wait it out, have patience, and snap this up on a deal.
Last update on 2020-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API