Are you trying to find the Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Under 300$? If that’s the case, you could well be receiving somewhat overwhelmed by all these choices? Picking a guitar that’s the ideal fit can be an intimidating task, particularly once you need to consider a lot of distinct facets.
But it just got a whole lot simpler since we have done the hard job of sifting through this busy industry. And have assembled this record of the best contenders presently in the marketplace!
However, is that a guitar under $300 worth purchasing? After analyzing the guitars with this listing, Fidlar certainly believes they’re more than worthy of purchasing.
Table of Contents
- 1 Whаt Tо Ехресt In Тhе Undеr 300 Dоllаr Рrісе Rаngе
- 2 Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Under 300 Brands
- 2.1 1. Yamaha FG830
- 2.2 2. Takamine GD20-NS
- 2.3 3. Alvarez Artist Series AF30 Folk Guitar
- 2.4 4. Oscar Schmidt OD312CE
- 2.5 5. Yamaha FGX800C
- 2.6 6. Fender CD-60SCE
- 2.7 7. Ovation Applause Conventional AB24II
- 2.8 8. Washburn Festival EA15
- 2.9 9. Ibanez AC240 Acoustic Guitar
- 2.10 10. Fender T-Bucket 300ce Acoustic Guitar
- 3 Conclusion
Whаt Tо Ехресt In Тhе Undеr 300 Dоllаr Рrісе Rаngе
Іn thіѕ рrісе rаngе, quаlіtу іѕn’t сrаnkеd uр tоо muсh whеn соmраrіng іt tо асоuѕtіс еlесtrіс guіtаrѕ іn thе undеr $200 рrісе rаngе. Ноwеvеr, thеrе аrе а fеw thіngѕ wоrth nоtіng thаt уоur ехtrа hundrеd buсkѕ саn gеt уоu. Кеер а lооkоut fоr thеѕе fеаturеѕ іf уоu’rе dеtеrmіnеd tо mаkе thе mоѕt оf уоur dоllаr.
Тоnе wооdѕ: Lаmіnаtе іѕ tурісаllу уоur сhоісе оf wооd іn thіѕ рrісе rаngе. Ноwеvеr, ѕоlіd tорѕ саn bе fоund оn thе hіghеr еnd оf thіѕ budgеt.
Quаlіtу: Тhеrе mіght аlwауѕ bе соmрlаіnt аbоut quаlіtу, еѕресіаllу thе buіld, іn thіѕ рrісе rаngе. Еnѕurе thаt vіtаl соmроnеntѕ, lіkе thе nесk, аrеn’t thе ѕоurсе оf рооr quаlіtу соntrоl. Соѕmеtіс blеmіѕhеѕ аrе ассерtаblе unlеѕѕ уоu hаvе а vаіn ѕtrеаk іn уоu.
Ѕоund: Веіng mоrе аwаrе оf hоw а guіtаr іn thіѕ рrісе rаngе wіll ѕоund іѕ kеу tо gеttіng thе bеѕt buу. Еnѕurе уоu аrе аlеrt tо іtѕ tоnаl аbіlіtіеѕ аnd/оr thе lасk оf.
Еlесtrоnісѕ: Тhе рrеаmрѕ аnd рісkuрѕ аrе gоіng tо bе ассерtаblе іn thіѕ рrісе rаngе. Тhеrе’ѕ nоt muсh уоu саn dо, bесаuѕе uрgrаdіng саn соѕt уоu mоrе thаn whаt уоur guіtаr іѕ wоrth.
Ассеѕѕоrіеѕ: Моѕt ассеѕѕоrіеѕ іn thіѕ рrісе rаngе аrе gоіng tо bе mеdіосrе, ѕо уоu mау wаnt tо іnvеѕt іn hіghеr-quаlіtу ассеѕѕоrіеѕ іf уоu рlаn оn рurсhаѕіng bеttеr іnѕtrumеntѕ іn thе futurе. Ноwеvеr, іf уоu’rе gеttіng а расkаgе fоr а ѕtеаl, tаkе іt аnd іmрrоvіѕе.
Вrаnd: Fоr $300, уоu mіght wаnt tо bе а lіttlе mоrе brаnd-ѕресіfіс. Еnѕurе wаrrаntіеѕ аrе іn оrdеr, аnd еnѕurе thе guіtаr hаѕ thе аррrорrіаtе vаluе fоr thе fеаturеѕ іt ѕроrtѕ.
Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Under 300 Brands
1. Yamaha FG830
Let us kick off our list with a real heavy hitter in the realm of the best cheap acoustic electric guitar. The Yamaha FG830 is a redesign of the classic 1966 Yamaha FG180, and boy has Yamaha done an excellent job.
With a solid Sitka spruce top, Nato back and sides, and a rosewood fingerboard bridge combo, this top quality dreadnought has a fit and finish nicely exceeding its price.
The FG830 a part of this renowned FG800 collection, all of which are renowned for their great and powerfully warm mids and lows. Something which is frequently lacking in guitars in the price point. The rosewood fingerboard and bridge help to add that maintenance that lots of guitarists are searching for.
It features a beautiful slender neck, making for more straightforward, rapid, smooth flowing. In addition to being super flexible, you can perform nearly any genre with this guitar, and it’ll shine. This little beauty will hold its own with much pricier guitars, from classic blues or rock to something more unique like Gypsy jazz.
Just like most guitars in this price range (really at most price ranges), the FG830 will sound and play if it’s properly installed with a guitar tech. Some plastic components, like the nut and saddle, can be substituted relatively cheaply with high-quality materials. In case you’ve got a couple more bucks to spare, we’d suggest doing this.
- Solid construction.
- High-quality workmanship.
- Slim neck.
- Versatile and practical.
- None at this price point.
2. Takamine GD20-NS
Number two on our list, and we’ve got yet another offering from Japan! Takamine has been at the forefront of acoustic guitar invention for decades, and also with all the GD20-NS, it indeed reveals, having produced an exceptional guitar.
In our view, it is the stunning, slender mahogany neck. With a 21-fret rosewood fingerboard, this slimmed-down neck is ideal for individuals with smaller hands, beginners, or anyone needing to create those difficult to attain chords a bit simpler. It makes playing feel nearly effortless occasionally.
Coupled with a thicker than average solid Cedar top and Mahogany back and sides, this is a robust tool. It’s great for heavy strumming, which also produces crystal clear solitary series tones. Also integrated is a pin-less rosewood bridge fitted using a broken saddle (made from bone) to get simple chain replacement and removal.
The nut can also be made from bone, and the machine heads are top quality. This is likewise true with this Pearloid dot inlays along with the rosewood head cap. This kind of hardware is generally only included at a cost range way over the GD20-NS. This is the very best acoustic guitar under 300.
- Quality materials and build.
- The slim neck is great for small hands or beginners.
- Satin finish.
- No neck pain for a strap.
- Perfect for Beginners and Students.Complete 38 Inch Acoustic Guitar Set in Coffee,Great gloss finish.
- Linden Binding and Full Wood Construction with Chrome Geared Tuning.
- The steel string Guitar is perhaps the most versatile and common Guitar type and is featured in many different styles of music including Country, Jazz, and Rock.
- The set includes:YMC 38" Acoustic Guitar;Gig Bag;Guitar Strap;Pitch Pipe;9pcs ABS Picks(0.46mm 3pcs,0.72mm 3pcs,1.0mm 3pcs);Pick Holder(color maybe vary);2 Pickguards: Teardrop Shape(maybe already stick on guitar),and Hummingbird;A Full Set of Extra Strings(A set of 6 strings: E1,B2,G3,D4,A5,E6),and extra 2 thin strings (E1,B2);Electronic Tuner.Available in a variety of colors:Black,Blue,Coffee,Natural,Pink,Sunburst.
- Please note: Acoustic guitars come standard with only one strap pin - at the heel of the lower bout. Although a second strap pin can be easily installed by any qualified guitar technician, it is not necessary in order to use a guitar strap. You could tie it around the neck, above the nut, at the headstock. There are many helpful instructions on the web as well.
3. Alvarez Artist Series AF30 Folk Guitar
The Alvarez Artist Series AF30 was created with folk and blues playing in your mind. But don’t let this dissuade you if you play with other styles! This is a hugely versatile guitar that surprises us each time we pick this up.
From the box, it’s set up is perhaps the best we found with this entire list. The action was nice and low, and the intonation was nearly ideal.
Using its hand-sanded scalloped bracing, touch bi-level Rosewood bridge, solid Sitka top, Mahogany back and sides, Rosewood fingerboard, dovetail neck joint, along with a natural satin finish, it is only a real joy to perform with. Being marginally more compact than several dreadnoughts makes it perfectly suited to travel without compromising the richness of noise.
- Real bone nut and saddle.
- Smaller with rich sound, perfect for traveling.
- No case included.
- Not the best intonation, with notes above the 14th fret being a little out of tune.
4. Oscar Schmidt OD312CE
Regardless of the laminate high and low-end digital system of the version, the OD312CE is one of the best acoustic guitars under 300, and for the cost, it is difficult to beat.
This Oscar Schmidt acoustic is among the most inexpensive 12-string guitars I have happened around, and it simplifies its own cost in lots of ways. There is hardly a more timeless mix of tonewoods than spruce and mahogany, beginning off its tone from a fantastic base.
Though I always advocate solid top guitars, the overtones delivered with the OD312CE’s 12 strings cancel its laminate soundboard’s sonic deficiencies.
As a newcomer, you may be reluctant to begin using a 12-string guitar. Twelve strings mean more wear and tear on your palms and a tremendous extra difficulty changing strings.
Still, the tool’s choral beauty constitutes any excess hassle inherent in this kind of instrument. You can learn all you want to know about establishing and maintaining a 12-string guitar.
Using it’s budget preamp and pickup, I would not advise playing the OD312CE in almost any severe stage performances. Open mics? Sure. Just do not expect this entry-level acoustic guitar to carry you all of the ways to stardom.
You get exactly what you pay for, and in this instance, you receive an acoustic guitar that is great enough to practice and compose on while not always being a version worth fretting about.
- An affordable 12-string guitar!
- Available in 7 different finishes
- Ships with low action
- The laminate top doesn’t project full acoustic capabilities
- Cheap electronics
- Body Body type: Dreadnought Cutaway: Single Top wood: Mahogany Back & sides: Mahogany Bracing pattern: Info not available Body finish: Open Pore Orientation: Right handed Neck Neck shape: Info not available Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm) Fingerboard: Rosewood Neck wood: Mahogany Scale length: 25.6 in. Number of frets: 20 Neck finish: Open Pore Electronics Pickup/preamp:
- The PF12MHCE is a cutaway dreadnought body style acoustic with mahogany top, back and sides for a warm, full tone
- While the open pore natural finish adds to the guitars natural, subtle aesthetics, it also contributes to the sound of the instrument
- Electronics include the Ibanez under-saddle pickup and the Ibanez AEQ2T preamp with built-in tuner
- The PF12MHCE also features a tortoise rosette, rosewood fretboard and bridge with Ibanez Advantage bridge pins for improved tuning stability
5. Yamaha FGX800C
When you look in most of the other reviews, you will notice that Yamaha is a practically constant name, one of the best acoustic electric guitars. We have included FG version reviews in many other spotlight lists. I could not write about the best electro-acoustics under $300 without giving yet another shoutout to Yamaha.
The very first thing we will be aware of is its solid spruce top, a Grade A attribute in an acoustic at the price point. The remaining portion of the human body and the throat is made from data and volume.
These are both very lightweight forests which are quite resonantly much like mahogany. So, even though the tonewood choice is not strictly traditional, it provides the traditional acoustic tone at a mild enough guitar for children to play with.
Yamaha’s SYSTEM66 preamp is not the best available on the current market, but it is at least a couple of notches over the worst. You won’t wow anybody with all the sonic excellence of your amped-up audio, but I would say it is daring enough to jump on little stages with.
I am having a rosewood fingerboard and a sleek cutaway adding to the guitar’s overall playability that the Yamaha FGX800C is a well-rounded acoustic for each novice to intermediate player.
- Solid spruce top in a budget-friendly model
- Rosewood fingerboard for smooth comfortable playing
- Reliable SYSTEM66 electronics
- Nato/Okume build not in line with acoustic tradition
6. Fender CD-60SCE
Fender is just another brand that frequently makes itself a top-rank within our testimonials, like the non-electric cousin of this CD-60SCE, the Fender CD-60S, featured within our reviews of the best classical guitar under 300 along with the very best blues acoustic guitars. Practically a family name, this can be new that needs no introduction.
The CD-60SCE is a slick electro-acoustic dreadnought with a broad cutaway and smoothly tapered neck, which performs too as you can expect from any Fender.
Its classic tonewood combo projects a bright, clean, and unmistakable tone that’s pretty well replicated using all the Fishman pickup. Though not the most powerful voice on the planet world, it talks louder than its cost would allow on.
Fender’s CD-60SCE ships together with all the activity set low enough to ensure you won’t need to over-exert your hands to fret your first chords, but it may require a little bit of truss rod adjustment to elevate the strings large enough to remove some fret buzz.
In my estimation, cheap range Fenders will always be newcomer guitars. Still, intermediate players who wish to grow their collection will discover enough enjoyment in this version to allow it to be more than worth the price.
- Fender “Easy-to-Play” neck shape for fast, easy fretting
- Cutaway for smooth shredding of the upper frets
- Solid spruce top with great projection
- Inferior plastic pickguard
- Fret buzz in some instances
- Spruce Top
- Catalpa Sides/Back
- Mahogany Neck
- Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
- Natural Finish
7. Ovation Applause Conventional AB24II
Тhе Аррlаuѕе lіnе frоm Оvаtіоn hаѕ bееn соmmіttеd tо gіvіng уоu mоrе bаng fоr уоur buсk ѕіnсе dау оnе, аnd thе Оvаtіоn Аррlаuѕе Ѕtаndаrd АВ24ІІ іѕ nо dіffеrеnt. Тhіѕ guіtаr іѕ the best electric acoustic guitars fоr bеgіnnеrѕ аnd іntеrmеdіаtеѕ, wіth іtѕ ѕmооth ѕоund аnd nо-fuѕѕ рlауаbіlіtу.
І thіnk wе саn аll аgrее thаt thе рlауаbіlіtу оf а guіtаr іѕ kеу whеn сhооѕіng bеtwееn thе mаnу guіtаrѕ оn thе mаrkеt. Тhе Аррlаuѕе АВ24ІІ tасklеѕ thіѕ hеаd-оn bу gіvіng уоu а fаѕt nесk, сrеаtеd bу thе nаrrоw not аnd thе mаhоgаnу nесk wіth а ѕаtіn fіnіѕh.
Оn tор оf thаt, thе Аррlаuѕе guіtаrѕ fеаturе а 10″ rаdіuѕ. Тhіѕ gіvеѕ уоu а mоrе ассurаtе еlесtrіс guіtаr fееl іf thаt іѕ whаt уоu’rе аftеr, аѕ wеll аѕ mаkіng сhоrdѕ еаѕіеr tо рlау.
Тhеѕе Аррlаuѕе guіtаrѕ аrе аlѕо wеll-еquірреd tо dеаl wіth аll оf уоur рluggеd-іn реrfоrmаnсеѕ. Тhіѕ іѕ асhіеvеd bу thе unіquе соmbіnаtіоn оf thе Оvаtіоn Ѕlіmlіnе рісkuр аnd thе СЕ304Т Рrеаmр, whісh gіvе уоu bаѕѕ, mіd аnd trеblе ѕlіdеrѕ fоr уоu tо іndіvіduаlіzе уоur ѕоund. Тunіng іѕ mаdе еаѕу wіth thе buіlt-іn tunеr аnd а lоw-bаttеrу іndісаtоr tо еnѕurе thаt уоu аrе аlwауѕ рrераrеd fоr рublіс ѕеѕѕіоnѕ.
Тhе Оvаtіоn Аррlаuѕе Ѕtаndаrd ѕоund іѕ сhаrасtеrіzеd bу а rоbuѕt Lуrасhоrd bоdу, fіttеd wіth а lаmіnаtеd ѕрruсе tор аnd ѕсаllореd х-brасіng.
Аll thеѕе соmроnеntѕ соmе tоgеthеr tо gіvе уоu аn орtіmаl rеѕроnѕе, undеnіаblе роwеr аnd а nаturаl асоuѕtіс tоnе. Тhіѕ guіtаr еmbrасеѕ thаt сlаѕѕіс Оvаtіоn ѕоund bу gіvіng уоu аll thе bеѕt оf nоtе сlаrіtу whіlе ѕtіll rеtаіnіng іtѕ ѕubtlе tоnаl соmрlехіtіеѕ.
Тhіѕ іѕ а guіtаr thаt ехсеlѕ іn gіvіng уоu ехасtlу whаt уоu nееd. Whеthеr уоu’rе іn nееd оf а rеlіаblе guіtаr tо ѕhrеd оn ѕtаgе оr уоu wаnt tо thrоw іt іn thе bасk оf уоur саr fоr а ѕроntаnеоuѕ саmріng trір, уоu саn’t gо wrоng wіth thе Оvаtіоn Аррlаuѕе Ѕtаndаrd.
- Great value for money
- Some customers have reported bad quality tuners
8. Washburn Festival EA15
We are back around to a different Washburn guitar, this type of real Washburn version in contrast to the entry-level Oscar Schmidts.
I would still call this particular guitar entry-level; however, as funding acoustic-electrics proceed, its audio pushes this up towards the top of the ranks.
I do not understand what Washburn’s secret is using this guitar. The Festival EA15 includes a laminate top, unusual body timber, and an entirely disappointing fingerboard substance but manages to seem impressive.
It can be conducive to this quarter-sawn scalloped spruce bracing, although I can not state what its suggestion is with any certainty. Want to find out about how bracing patterns impact the sound of your guitar? Check out this.
What I could say is this small-bodied electro-acoustic features a well-articulated, mid-centric, concentrated voice that’s a joy to perform. I am not just a small man, but I dig an immense acoustic; they are just enjoyable to use.
If you would like to back away in the quantity of a typical dreadnought and receive a guitar whose voice concentrates around you when you play, then the Washburn EA15 is a terrific acoustic guitar for the purchase price.
- Smaller-sized body great for smaller-sized players
- The mini jumbo shape is comfortable to hold
- Versatile preamp controls
- Nondescript “engineered wood” fretboard lacks resonant capabilities
- Unremarkable pickup/preamp
- Spruce-topped mahogany
- Mahogany back and sides
- Onboard Fishman Sonicore pickup and Ibanez AEQ210T preamp provide extraordinary sound when you play plugged in
- AEQ210T preamp system includes an onboard tuner
- Smaller-than-average body style fits guitarists of all sizes
9. Ibanez AC240 Acoustic Guitar
A sturdy construct, fantastic tone, and excellent playability are merely a few of the attributes that the Ibanez AC240 features that make it among the most incredible acoustic guitars under $300. Ibanez wished to produce guitars, which are made using conventional methods but with modern appointments, so we’ve got the Artwood series.
The Ibanez AC240 a part of the lineup in which traditional meets contemporary. This acoustic guitar includes a Grand Concert body form and features a solid mahogany top with X-bracing.
A mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard and laminated mahogany sides and back. The entire body (top, rear, sides) and the neck of this guitar have an open pore natural end, letting you observe the beauty of the mahogany wood grain.
The neck of this AC240 measures 1.75 inches wide at the nut and widens as you move up toward the human body, which makes this guitar perfect for fingerpicking.
The Ibanez AC240 also sports an abalone soundhole rosette, chrome Grover die-cast tuners using half-moon-shaped knobs, a bone nut, and a compensated bone saddle. The features are such you’d more usually locate on a guitar, which costs far longer.
- Comfortable and fun to play
- Beautiful open pore finish
- The smaller size makes it a good fit for young or petite guitar players
- Adjustments necessary for better playability
- No electronics
10. Fender T-Bucket 300ce Acoustic Guitar
The Fender T-Bucket 300ce is a stage-ready acoustic guitar using a rich and full sound and plenty of visual allure. This very affordable Fender sports a laminated flame maple top that has been fortified with scalloped X-bracing.
Additionally, it includes laminated mahogany sides and back, a three-piece laminated mahogany neck, a rosewood fretboard with white dot inlays, and a rosewood bridge with a compensated saddle.
The usage of laminates creates the guitar more lasting and resilient. It is hardy and can withstand regular wear and tear and the effects of humidity and temperature changes. The cutaway provides easy access to the top frets.
The scalloped bracing on the Fender T-Bucket 300ce effectively strengthens this laminated top’s sharp sound while allowing it to vibrate freely, leading to an impressive projection and responsiveness.
The mahogany laminates in the sides and back function to balance the noise from the surface, tempering the brightness and providing the guitar a warm sound.
It is possible to easily enhance the acoustic audio through the onboard Fishman Isys III pickup system, which features an active preamp with controls for tone (bass, mid, treble) and quantity. The guitar comes equipped with a chromatic tuner.
- Comes with Fishman electronics and a built-in tuner
- Easy and comfortable to play
- Has a cutaway for easy access to higher frets
- Initial setup necessary to adjust the action and address fret buzz issues
- May require upgrades (saddle, bridge, strings, etc.) to improve sound and playability
- Ibanez Under Saddle Pickup
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fret board
Deciding on the Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 300 for your home could be rough as it is difficult to tell which particular products are made from quality materials and which are not. Fidlar hopes we helped you choose with our well-researched collection of products. If not, we expect you to get some helpful information from our Buyer’s Guide, which you’ll have the ability to use when buying your next electrical acoustic guitar!
Last update on 2020-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API