Alvin Patrimonio, a retired Filipino professional basketball player, is known for his impressive career in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA).
He has gained recognition as one of the greatest players in the country, earning numerous awards and accolades throughout his career.
In this article, Fidlar will dive into Alvin Patrimonio net worth, life, career, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Facts
- 2 What is Alvin Patrimonio Net Worth In 2023?
- 3 Alvin Patrimonio Biography Overview
- 4 Early Life
- 5 Career
- 6 Personal Life
- 7 Real Estate
- 8 Nominations and Awards
- 9 Alvin Patrimonio News 2023
- 10 FAQs Alvin Patrimonio
|Real Name||Alvin Dale Vergara Patrimonio|
|Popular Name||The Captain, Captain Lionheart|
|Birth Date||November 17, 1966|
|Parents||Angel Patrimonio, Ester Vergara|
|Birth Place||San Juan City, Philippines|
|Education||Mapúa University, Manila Science High School|
|Children||Tin Patrimonio, Clarice Patrimonio, Angelo Patrimonio, Asher Patrimonio|
|Year Active||1986 – 2004 (player), 2005 – present (administrator)|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Basketball, Endorsements|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
What is Alvin Patrimonio Net Worth In 2023?
With a career spanning several decades, Patrimonio has amassed a substantial fortune. According to public resources, his estimated net worth stands at approximately $5 million as of 2023.
This impressive wealth primarily stems from his illustrious basketball career, coupled with lucrative endorsement deals.
As of 2023, Alvin Patrimonio’s exact salary is unknown. However, during his playing days as a member of the Purefoods Star Hotshots, he earned a significant amount of money.
According to reports, he was one of the highest-paid players in the PBA, earning an estimated salary of around $150,000 per year.
Alvin Patrimonio Biography Overview
Alvin Dale Vergara Patrimonio was born on November 17, 1966, in Quezon City, Philippines. He grew up in Manila, where he discovered his love for basketball at an early age.
He started playing basketball in high school and later pursued a degree in Civil Engineering at Mapua Institute of Technology.
Patrimonio’s professional basketball career began with the YCO Shine Masters in the Philippine Basketball League.
He later joined the PBA in the middle of the 1988 season after a dispute between his PABL team, Swift, and Purefoods, the team that drafted him.
Despite this controversy, Patrimonio went on to have a successful career in the PBA, primarily playing at the power forward position.
Alvin holds many PBA records including:
- The most consecutive games played at 596
- The third most points scored in history
- The fourth most rebounds ever
- 4 The most PBA Most Valuable Player Awards.
In addition to his professional career, Patrimonio also represented the Philippines in the Asian Games four consecutive times, sharing this record with Allan Caidic.
His participation in these games further solidified his status as a key figure in Philippine basketball.
After retiring from professional play, Patrimonio transitioned into coaching and management roles. In 2009, he began his coaching career as an assistant coach for the Purefoods team.
He later became the head coach of the Kia Picanto and Bataan Risers. As of 2023, he serves as the team manager for the Magnolia Hotshots.
Beyond basketball, Patrimonio has also ventured into acting and politics. During his playing years, he appeared in several films and even starred in a sitcom.
In 2022, he ran for mayor of Cainta under Lakas–CMD. Despite his ventures into other fields, Patrimonio’s legacy in Philippine basketball remains unmatched.
Alvin Patrimonio is a private person when it comes to his personal life. However, he is married and has children.
He is also actively involved in charity work, supporting various causes such as education and sports development for underprivileged children.
Aside from his successful basketball career, he is also known for his real estate ventures. He currently has several residential properties and a farm in Nueva Ecija, Philippines.
Nominations and Awards
Alvin Patrimonio’s impressive basketball career has earned him numerous nominations and awards:
- Six-time PBA champion (1990 Third, 1991 All-Filipino, 1993 All-Filipino, 1994 Commissioner’s, 1997 All-Filipino, 2002 Governors)
- Four-time PBA Most Valuable Player (1991, 1993, 1994, 1997)
- Ten-time PBA Mythical First Team (1989–1994, 1996–1998, 2000)
- Three-time PBA Best Player of the Conference
- PBA’s 25 Greatest Players and was part of the 1998 Philippine Centennial Team
- PBA Press Corps Newsmaker of the Year in 1993
Patrimonio is known for his inspiring quotes that resonate with fans and aspiring basketball players. Some of his famous quotes include:
The harder you work, the luckier you get
It’s not about how tall you are, but how big your heart is.
Alvin Patrimonio News 2023
- May 4, 2023: Patrimonio announced that he will be playing in the Clash of Stars event in Lucena City on May 6. The event will feature a team of PBA legends playing against a team of Quezon’s best players.
- June 13, 2022: Patrimonio and fellow PBA legend Johnny A. Misal teamed up to sing the song Handog at a charity event in Manila. The event was organized by the Parents-Teachers Association of Maryhill College.
- July 5, 2023: Veteran sports columnist Nap Gutierrez passed away. He was one of the many people who paid tribute to Gutierrez, who was a longtime friend and colleague.
- August 1, 2023: He was spotted at the NCAA Season 98 juniors basketball Final Four supporting Mapua. Mapua eventually won the championship.
FAQs Alvin Patrimonio
How much did Patrimonio earn during his playing days with Purefoods Star Hotshots?
During his playing days, he was one of the highest-paid players in the PBA, earning an estimated salary of around $150,000 per year.
How many PBA MVP awards did Alvin Patrimonio win?
He won four PBA MVP awards.
Is Alvin Patrimonio involved in charity work?
Yes, he is actively involved in charity work, supporting various causes such as education and sports development for underprivileged children.
Alvin Patrimonio’s impressive basketball career has earned him numerous records and awards, making him one of the most celebrated athletes in the Philippines.
He continues to inspire aspiring basketball players with his dedication, hard work, and inspiring quotes.
With a net worth of $5 million, he also proves that success can come from both talent and wise financial decisions.
Reference Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Patrimonio.