Albert Harrington was born in New Jersey and played power forward for the Indiana Pacers, the Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks, and the Orlando Magic in the NBA.
According to reliable sources, Al has made many million dollars from his successful basketball career.
So how did Al Harrington get to be so successful and make so much money? Here at Fidlarmusic, we’ll look into his life and career to get a better idea of Al Harrington net worth.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Facts
- 2 What is Al Harrington Net Worth and Salary in 2023?
- 3 Social Media
- 4 Al Harrington Biography Overview
- 5 Al Harrington News 2023
- 6 FAQs about Al Harrington
- 7 Conclusion
|Real Name||Albert Harrington|
|Popular Name||Al Harrington|
|Birth Date||February 17, 1980|
|Age||43 years (as of 2023)|
|Birth Place||Orange, New Jersey, United States|
|Education||St. Patrick High School|
|Wife/Spouse||Michelle Harrington (m. 2009)|
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|Year Active||1998 – Present|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Basketball Career, Entrepreneurship in Cannabis Industry|
|Height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Weight||245lb lb (111 kg)|
What is Al Harrington Net Worth and Salary in 2023?
According to reports, Al Harrington’s net worth is estimated at around $40 million as of 2023.
He earned around $90 million from his NBA contracts and player salaries. His highest-earning season was with the New York Knicks, where he earned $19.2 million:
|2006-07||Golden State Warriors||NBA||$7,625,000|
|2007-08||Golden State Warriors||NBA||$8,425,625|
|2008-09||New York Knicks||NBA||$9,226,250|
|2009-10||New York Knicks||NBA||$10,026,875|
Al Harrington Biography Overview
Al Harrington was born on February 17, 1980, in Orange, New Jersey. He grew up in a family of basketball players, with his father and older brother both playing professionally overseas.
Al attended St. Patrick High School in New Jersey, where he started playing basketball.
He was regarded as one of the best high school players in the country and was selected to play in the McDonald’s All-American Game in 1998.
Harrington played for several teams during his 16-year career in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Harrington’s career took off when he joined the Indiana Pacers in 1998.
He spent six seasons with the Pacers, primarily coming off the bench. His performance peaked in the 2001-02 season, where he averaged 13.1 points and 6.3 rebounds per game. However, a knee injury cut his season short.
Despite this setback, Harrington bounced back in the 2002-03 season, becoming the only Pacer to play in all 82 games that year. He continued to improve his averages in the following season, contributing significantly to the Pacers’ run to the Eastern Conference Finals.
In 2007, Harrington was traded to the Golden State Warriors, where he played until 2008. He then moved to the New York Knicks, where he played some of the best basketball of his career:
- averaging 19.2 points
- 5.9 rebounds
- 1.4 assists
- 1.0 steals in 32.7 minutes per game over two seasons.
However, he did not reach the playoffs in either season with the Knicks. Harrington later signed with the Denver Nuggets in 2010, followed by a stint with the Orlando Magic in 2012-13.
He then moved to the Washington Wizards in 2013-14, before heading overseas to play professionally in China with the Fujian Sturgeons.
After returning to the United States without any NBA offers, Harrington announced his retirement from professional basketball on March 18, 2015.
However, Harrington’s retirement from basketball did not mean the end of his career. Since retiring from the NBA, he has become an entrepreneur in the cannabis industry.
He started a business that produces cannabis extracts called Viola Brands, named after his grandmother.
In addition to Viola Brands, Harrington launched Harrington Wellness, a company that manufactures non-psychoactive cannabinoid products, and invested in Butter Baby, which makes cannabis edibles.
All three companies together comprise The Harrington Group.
Al Harrington has been married to Michelle Harrington since 2005, and they have four children together. He is also known for his philanthropic work and established the Al Harrington Foundation in 2002 to help underprivileged children.
He has invested in several real estate properties over the years. In 2020, he sold his mansion in Las Vegas for $3.8 million.
The property spanned over 9,000 square feet and featured six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a pool, a spa, and a private basketball court.
Nominations and Awards
During his professional career, Al Harrington received several nominations and awards:
- Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1998)
- USA Today Player of the Year (1998)
- Gatorade National Player of the Year (1998)
- First-team Parade All-American (1998)
- McDonald’s All-American (1998)
Throughout his career, Al Harrington has shared some inspiring and motivating quotes.
One of his most popular quotes is, I got here by being me, being true to myself, and not worrying about what anyone else thinks.
Another quote that stands out is, You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
Al Harrington News 2023
- In March, Harrington spoke to NY1 about his plans to expand his cannabis business, Viola Brands, into New York and New Jersey. He also discussed how his grandmother’s use of cannabis to treat glaucoma inspired him to get involved in the industry
- In April, he was named to the board of directors of the National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA). The NCIA is the largest trade association representing the legal cannabis industry in the United States.
- In May, he was featured in a Forbes article about the cannabis industry. In the article, he discussed the growth potential of the industry and the opportunities for former NBA players to get involved.
- In June, Harrington announced that Viola Brands had raised $100 million in funding. The funding will be used to expand the company’s operations and develop new products.
- In July, he was a guest speaker at the Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference. He spoke about the future of the cannabis industry and the opportunities for investors.
- In August, Harrington was named one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the Cannabis Industry by High Times magazine.
FAQs about Al Harrington
Is Al Harrington married?
Yes, he married Michelle Harrington.
Is Allen Iverson rich?
He is rich, yes. During his time in the NBA, from 1998 to 2005, he was the league’s top scorer four times, and he currently has the second-highest average points per game, behind only Michael Jordan.
As of September 2023, it is thought that Allen Iverson has a net worth of about $1 million.
What is former NBA player Stephen Jackson’s net worth?
Stephen Jackson is a former professional basketball player in the United States who finished his career with a net worth of $20 million.
In conclusion, Al Harrington has had a successful professional career in basketball and has earned himself an impressive net worth.
He has also invested in real estate and the cannabis industry, expanding his entrepreneurial ventures. With his philanthropic work and inspiring quotes, he continues to be a role model both on and off the court.
Keep up with us here at Fidlarmusic to learn more about Al Harrington and other successful musicians. Thank you for reading!